PDA

View Full Version : Bets on October Surprise?

Ivhon
08-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Im going with Israel launching an attack on Iran.

Get em in, now, for bragging rights!

Gilshalos Sedai
08-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Um... what?

Cary Sedai
08-25-2008, 04:50 PM
My crystal ball is cloudy - must be the weather.

I have one prediction (but I'm cheating):

Cary Sedai will move to Arkansas at the end of October :D

John Snow
08-25-2008, 05:14 PM
only question is whether it'll be nuclear or not.

Frenzy
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Cubs and D-Rays in the World Series. Woot!

Ivhon
08-25-2008, 07:38 PM
I think you're spot on, Ihvon.....

I think that's the first thing you said to me waaay back when in 1999.

Can I put it in my sig? :D

Ivhon
08-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Um... what?

There is wide concern that Iran's blustering is very close causing Israel to take prohibitive action. No doubt various Republican upper-ups are encouraging that, since it is thought that that will hand the election to McCain.

And before anyone goes off calling me a conspiratorialist, starting or egging on wars for political reasons is a prestigious line of work, with a long and honorable tradition.

Davian93
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
They've been considering a strike Iran for years now...I doubt they could pull it off...even with our help. Iran's really improved their air defense network and decentralied their nuc processing.

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2008, 08:39 AM
And before anyone goes off calling me a conspiratorialist, starting or egging on wars for political reasons is a prestigious line of work, with a long and honorable tradition.

Thank you, Vizzini. ;)

Sei'taer
09-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I had to bring this back up because I was listening to the radio today* and I heard a speech that biden made about how Hill was probably even more qualified than he was to be vice president (here's the link to the quote, I just googled and used the one that came up since it had the quote i was talking about in it ): (http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2008/09/10/biden-endorses-hillary-for-vp-kind-of/)

“Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America,” Biden told the crowd. “Let’s get that straight. She’s a truly close personal friend; she is qualified to be president of the United States of America. She’s easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America and, quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me, but she is first-rate.”

Now, Here's where it gets tough. A week ago I would have said that there was no way Hill would be Obamas VP. She wants to be president. But...BUT...today there was a down and dirty meeting with Bill and Barack and I think, on top of asking Bill to help him campaign, he also asked Bill about Hill being his running mate...and if he didn't ask about that, he promised a "chief justice Hillary Clinton" position for her. Biden seems to be hinting at possible dropping out and letting Hill be the VP. Hard to say right now, but Obama is in trouble and he knows it. The only problem is this: What will McCain and Palin say about Obama totally screwing up his first executive decision?

Now, on Bill. I think Bill would be happy to help Obama, but if Hill is not on the ticket or was not offered the Chief Justice position, look for him to simply go through the motions. He's had Hill nagging the holy living dogshit out of him and he's ready for it to be over. He wants to see a single term pres so that Hill can run again and she will leave him alone for gods sake! He did everything he could to keep his promise to her and she took Obama lightly and lost to him and now he's got to sit and listen to her screech at him about fucking up her chances to be pres and all this after he promised and IT WAS HER TURN...I supported you all those years you bastard and now I'm screwed if Obama wins because I'll be 70 the next time I can run and I won't be able to do it at that age you filthy bastard you ruined me with the racist remarks about Jackson winning you suck..

Edit: *I need to add that I listen to satellite radio all day so i am constantly switching between all the news stations and I don't remember which one they played it on for sure, but I want to say it was CNN.

John Snow
09-11-2008, 05:42 PM
There is wide concern that Iran's blustering is very close causing Israel to take prohibitive action. No doubt various Republican upper-ups are encouraging that, since it is thought that that will hand the election to McCain.

If Israel uses that as an excuse, they might be believed here in the US, but not in the mid-east, Asia, or maybe even Europe.

John Snow
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I think that's the first thing you said to me waaay back when in 1999.

Can I put it in my sig? :D

Sure, go ahead - wonder what the context was.....

Ivhon
09-11-2008, 09:26 PM
@ ST

The context of Biden's comment was that someone from the crowd where he was speaking made a disparaging slam against Clinton. Biden was simply leaping emphatically to her defense...probably overspoken, but thats what he does.

On the flip side of the coin, Ms Palin in her softball interview will say that she is prepared to go to war with Russia if they invade another country. Hmmmm....

Ok. Our infantry is overstretched holding ground in Iraq and losing ground in Afghanistan - two countries with a combined size of what...say Alaska?...with poorly trained militaries and no nuclear ICBMs. And she is ready to invade Russia on top of that. Ok. Mr Biden, your response, sir?

Sei'taer
09-11-2008, 10:04 PM
@ ST

The context of Biden's comment was that someone from the crowd where he was speaking made a disparaging slam against Clinton. Biden was simply leaping emphatically to her defense...probably overspoken, but thats what he does.

On the flip side of the coin, Ms Palin in her softball interview will say that she is prepared to go to war with Russia if they invade another country. Hmmmm....

Ok. Our infantry is overstretched holding ground in Iraq and losing ground in Afghanistan - two countries with a combined size of what...say Alaska?...with poorly trained militaries and no nuclear ICBMs. And she is ready to invade Russia on top of that. Ok. Mr Biden, your response, sir?

Ya know, my problem with McCain/Palin is McCain, not palin. I just can't get over how much I dislike the persnickety old bastard.

You asked about an October surprise and I gave you one of the two I think will happen, the other is under the table and will probably never happen, but I did tell a couple of people so that if it does happen, they can go holy shit, he was right!

Ivhon
09-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Ya know, my problem with McCain/Palin is McCain, not palin. I just can't get over how much I dislike the persnickety old bastard.

You asked about an October surprise and I gave you one of the two I think will happen, the other is under the table and will probably never happen, but I did tell a couple of people so that if it does happen, they can go holy shit, he was right!

Oohh, oooh...PM me! :D

irerancincpkc
09-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Im going with Israel launching an attack on Iran.

Get em in, now, for bragging rights!
I hope not... with the side reason that McCain would never shut up about it.

EDIT: Oh, and there is no way Biden drops out. Biden was trying to appeal to the woman voters. If anyone is going to be dropped it's Palin. She is a nightmare.

Bryan Blaire
09-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Palin won't be dropped, Spammer. There are a lot more people that agree with her, or at least parts of her stance, than the Democratic party and moderates want to admit to, and she has done exactly what was needed for McCain's campaign. If they dropped her now, it would be more disastrous for the campaign than keeping her will be (which is what you may be secretly hoping for).

irerancincpkc
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Palin won't be dropped, Spammer. There are a lot more people that agree with her, or at least parts of her stance, than the Democratic party and moderates want to admit to, and she has done exactly what was needed for McCain's campaign. If they dropped her now, it would be more disastrous for the campaign than keeping her will be (which is what you may be secretly hoping for).
I didn't say she was going to be dropped; I just said her getting dropped is more likely then Biden being x'ed, if only because we don't know everything about her yet.

And I think dropping her would be horrible for McCain to do; he's rallied his base. Right now he has monetum on his side, and he needs to ride it for as long as possible if he wants to have a shot of winning this thing.

Sei'taer
09-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I just said her getting dropped is more likely then Biden being x'ed, if only because we don't know everything about her yet.

Um, Spam, ol buddy...you don't watch the news do you? Or you don't read all the posts on here. I would say we know close to as much about her as we know about Obama...

Did anybody hear on the news about Obama deciding not to raise taxes "until the economy got better"? Some people were talking about it at work today but I haven't heard anything about it other than that. If it's true then I guess his economists got the word to him finally.

irerancincpkc
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Um, Spam, ol buddy...you don't watch the news do you? Or you don't read all the posts on here. I would say we know close to as much about her as we know about Obama...

Then how come new things about her keep popping up? The vetting process is still going on by the media. I bet there are a lot of journalists out there right now digging into her past, looking for a nugget of gold, something someone hasn't found out yet. We have a book detailing Obama's early life, so I think we know a lot more about Obama than her...

Oh, and Spam? Really? I am no piece of meat. :D

Bryan Blaire
09-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Yeah, a self-authored book should be trusted as a completely unbiased accounting of everything in the author's life... :eek:

No, the media has not done as much fact checking and digging into Obama's past as they have with Palin...

irerancincpkc
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
No, the media has not done as much fact checking and digging into Obama's past as they have with Palin...
They have had what, two weeks with Palin? They have had months with Obama. Conservative authors have written books on his life, and you're going to say they didn't do their research? More is known about Obama. A lot more.

Sei'taer
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Oh, and Spam? Really? I am no piece of meat. :D

technically spam isn't a single piece of meat...its all chunky left overs mashed together in spicy ham goodness...at least I've heard the Hawaiians dig it.

Sei'taer
09-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Oohh, oooh...PM me! :D

Sended it.

Bryan Blaire
09-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Screw it, I had a nice response for Spammer and Ivhon, but the damn board ate about a page and a half again.

F#$% VBulletin and FireFox.

irerancincpkc
09-12-2008, 10:45 AM
I hate it when that happens. And it is always the long posts... :D

Bryan Blaire
09-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Sorry Spammer, Ivhon, I may respond later, but at this point, playing GW is currently more important than discussing politics. ;)