PDA

View Full Version : Common Thread

Sporkster
05-17-2012, 08:53 AM
New but old seems like the latest fashion. Figure I should join in. Haven't been posting since the beginning of the Yuku Era, but given that there is a rapidly approaching deadline where new material will no longer be on the horizon, I felt that it was time to make a return. (I won't claim the return will be triumphant or anything; that warrants some sense of notoriety which I am lacking...at the moment, that is).

In any case, good to be back.

Sporkster
05-17-2012, 08:54 AM
And I'm bumped back to Youngling in the process! Curse my wayward absence!

DahLliA
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
And I'm bumped back to Youngling in the process! Curse my wayward absence!

Welcome back !

<-- beer

Kansas singing about waywardiness -->

Terez
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
New but old seems like the latest fashion. Figure I should join in. Haven't been posting since the beginning of the Yuku Era, but given that there is a rapidly approaching deadline where new material will no longer be on the horizon, I felt that it was time to make a return. (I won't claim the return will be triumphant or anything; that warrants some sense of notoriety which I am lacking...at the moment, that is).
Here is your notoriety. (http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=36#36) And welcome back. ;)

Sporkster
05-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow, that's what I get for not clicking on the tiny little links. I read the interview but had no clue that my little theory was in there. Thanks for the clue Terez!

After reading that, I got so excited that I had no choice but to explain my notoriety to my significant other, who has ZERO interest in WoT (or any SF/fantasy literature, for that matter). Despite my obvious enthusiasm, the response was a blank stare, tinged with minor annoyance.

Hence, my return to the home of the HCFF is clearly warranted. :)

Terez
05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
See, you're like a celebrity now. You should have just told your SO that the (new) author of your favorite books likes your theory you wrote however many years ago. Keeping it simple helps, I find.

Also, what was your rank before? If you PM Nae'blis about it, someone will fix it. This happens a lot thanks to the forum change and all.

Sporkster
05-19-2012, 01:50 PM
See, you're like a celebrity now. You should have just told your SO that the (new) author of your favorite books likes your theory you wrote however many years ago. Keeping it simple helps, I find.

Also, what was your rank before? If you PM Nae'blis about it, someone will fix it. This happens a lot thanks to the forum change and all.

I was "only" an Elder before. I wouldn't mind earning it again, but will probably go the PM route. Thanks again for the heads-up.

*seriously considering updating my sig with the above quote*

Terez
05-19-2012, 03:09 PM
lol, you should. At least the, 'That is a good theory to be reading' line, with a link to the theory. I think that is the only formal theory at Theoryland that anyone official (RJ, Brandon, Team Jordan) has ever commented on. Of course, they've commented on our theories when they're boiled down for Q&A and such, but never like that. The only other exception seems to be the Sherlock Holmes Asmodean thing, which was not at Theoryland.

Also, I hope you learned your lesson about clicking little links in the database. They're often important. Right-click from the search results though, since the back button doesn't work. I need to ask Tam to make it automatically open links in a new tab from the search results (preferably everywhere in the database really).