PDA

View Full Version : Just finished TEoTW, question about ending

clint8
05-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Hi friends. I'll be slowly plowing through the wheel of time books. I just finished the first one. I was a little confused with the ending at the Eye of the World, and would appreciate any insight you can give me. If any questions rely on knowledge of future books, you can still give a brief answer unless it gives away too much of the plot.

-Why exactly did Ba'alzamon want Rand and the party to get to the eye of the world?

-Once they got to the eye and talked for a while, they just decided to leave the cave. What was going on in their minds? It's as if they thought, "well, this is nice. We just risked our lives to get here, but there's nothing much to do. Lets go."

-How did the forsaken get there? Was it just good timing that they arrived at the same time as the others? We're they after the Eye, or Rand, or both of them together?

Thanks for your help. I probably have other questions I forgot about, I'll follow up if I remember them.

Terez
05-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Hi friends. I'll be slowly plowing through the wheel of time books. I just finished the first one. I was a little confused with the ending at the Eye of the World, and would appreciate any insight you can give me. If any questions rely on knowledge of future books, you can still give a brief answer unless it gives away too much of the plot.

-Why exactly did Ba'alzamon want Rand and the party to get to the eye of the world?
So he could know who Rand was finally, for one. For another he wanted to try to turn Rand to the Shadow or kill him, so that was probably a reason as well.

Once they got to the eye and talked for a while, they just decided to leave the cave. What was going on in their minds? It's as if they thought, "well, this is nice. We just risked our lives to get here, but there's nothing much to do. Lets go."
We have no idea what was going on in their heads aside from Rand, but it doesn't really matter much does it? Things got exciting soon enough.

How did the forsaken get there? Was it just good timing that they arrived at the same time as the others? We're they after the Eye, or Rand, or both of them together?
They were after the Eye. (http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=6#20)

All that said, there are some weird things at the end of TEOTW that we don't really have an explanation for. TEOTWisms. That will become more clear as you read on, though.

Ishara
05-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Welcome, Clint! Be wary of this Board though - spoilers right up to Towers of Midnight abound, with very little preface or warning. I'd hate for you to have something awesome ruined by reading an interesting thread!

But that said, consider yourself welcomed and feel free to explore! :)

professorskar
06-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Remember, too, as for how the Forsaken knew to go to the Eye, Aginor says they could track them because of Mat's dagger.