PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Edwards Ripped for her Silence?

Davian93
08-26-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/08/26/elizabeth.edwards.ap/index.html

So yeah...that's just kinda mean. People are mad she didn't blab to the world that her husband had an affair? Wow.:confused:

irerancincpkc
08-26-2008, 11:31 AM
It was their business. Simple as that. Their decision. Maybe they made the wrong one, but they have to live with that.

Davian93
08-26-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't see how it could be wrong...someone's personal life is none of my business. People are just stupid (as I believe I've mentioned previously.)

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
What the hell is wrong with people? She's ill, her husband's humiliated her... They have two small kids that will be deeply effected by this and she's supposed to go around gnashing her teeth and wringing her hands over the injustice of it all?

tanaww
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
It is a sad state of affairs when the personal lives of candidates take precedence over their ability to prove their competence.

For anyone to blast Elizabeth Edwards for not discussing her husband's extramarital escapades is beyond comprehension. Yes, she's pissed. Trust me. She doesn't need to tell FoxNews how pissed. It's not your business.

And I'd still vote for John Edwards if he were an option.

Davian93
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
They'd rather her put on a fake show of outrage so they can "feel sorry" for her than for her to be an adult and keep her private life private...isn't our country great?

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah, cause it's so easy to go out in public and whine about your husband's affair. Especially when she'll have to cart her own barf bag around for after the chemo treatments.

irerancincpkc
08-26-2008, 11:39 AM
The fact that she isn't doing a million interviews, now that she knows her husband's major political career is more than likely over, proves what type of decent woman she is.

Davian93
08-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah, cause it's so easy to go out in public and whine about your husband's affair. Especially when she'll have to cart her own barf bag around for after the chemo treatments.

She really should have thought about how all of us feel about being kept in the dark...very selfish on her part.

Sinistrum
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Schadenfreude. It is all schadenfreude. It is why reality tv is popular, why people buy those trashy gossip magazines in the grocery store check out line, and why people watch things like MTV and E!. They want to feel better about themselves by watching someone else's life implode. The only reason people are mad is because Mrs. Edwards isn't giving them the opportunity to do that to her. It is stuff like this that convinces me that our society really is diseased.

irerancincpkc
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
I hate reality tv... and those evil gossip shows...

Davian93
08-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Gil!!! Sini's using big words again!!! Do Something!

Gilshalos Sedai
08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Nah, however, I'm going to laugh my ass off when he misspells them again.

tanaww
08-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Schadenfreude.
Gesundheit!

But unfortunately, Sini, I agree with everything in that post. It's a sad world we live in.

StrangePackage
08-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Joy at the misfortune of others?

That does sound German.

Brita
08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I think the Democrats have more to concern themselves with than making life extra miserable for a woman who has had more heartache to deal with than any of us can even imagine.

So he ran as a candidate with a history that is less than perfect. Please! Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Everyone. And the fact that he came clean with is wife two years ago and both of them moved on in privacy in commendable- rather than those who will self-righteously accuse only because their skeletons are still safely hidden.