PDA

View Full Version : Who is saving money for Jordan Con 2013 ;)))

Isabel
06-30-2012, 09:55 AM
So who is saving money to try to come to Jordan Con 2013? :)

Sarevok
06-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Me! Me! :)

No clue if I'll make it, though... :/

ShadowbaneX
06-30-2012, 01:14 PM
I'll be trying although a) school, b) finals are usually between April 14th & 28th...and so's the Con.

Isabel
07-01-2012, 12:00 AM
@Sare : Hope you make it.

@SBX: What a crappy school. How dare they put the exams during Jordan Con!

yks 6nnetu hing
07-03-2012, 04:23 AM
We're saving up too. It was SUCH a blast last time :) Though it'll all depend on some other plans - mainly the wedding and honeymoon and suchlike :p

Ishara
07-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm for sure socking $$ away, it'll just be a matter of making sure it goes to JCon and not to the mortgage...LOL.

Isabel
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
:) Good to hear people are trying to save up.

I hope we manage to get even more people to come. Is anyone going to kidnap Zae?

SauceyBlueConfetti
07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I have made it clear to my hubby that JC 2013 is required vacation planning for me. He said it will happen, even if I have to travel without him, as I have been "a good wife" about his frequent football escapes.

I am committing 100% to being there. :D

Zombie Sammael
07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm going to do my very best to be there. My parents' Christmas gift to me last year was the holiday of my choice, so all I need to save is spending money. But if I'm coming to the States I need to make an adventure of it!

Isabel
07-06-2012, 11:23 PM
You don't need that much spending money for Jcon :) :)
Count on paying dinner, buying stuff and having fun :)

Isabel
07-06-2012, 11:24 PM
I have made it clear to my hubby that JC 2013 is required vacation planning for me. He said it will happen, even if I have to travel without him, as I have been "a good wife" about his frequent football escapes.

I am committing 100% to being there. :D

Cool, would be awesome to meet you :)

Sarevok
09-18-2012, 10:04 AM
I just looked at airplane prices, including the option to make a stopover at Boston to meet a friend studying at MIT.
Buying single flights was crazy expensive, but when I checked what it would cost to buy all 3 tickets together, directly at American Airlines, it's not even €800. :)

Also, it looks like I'll be able to keep this job for a while, so I'll probably actually have that money. :D

Is SBX going to make that list of ticket prices again, that he did last year?

yks 6nnetu hing
09-18-2012, 12:37 PM
I just looked at airplane prices, including the option to make a stopover at Boston to meet a friend studying at MIT.
Buying single flights was crazy expensive, but when I checked what it would cost to buy all 3 tickets together, directly at American Airlines, it's not even 800. :)

Also, it looks like I'll be able to keep this job for a while, so I'll probably actually have that money. :D

We're still trying but looking at the wedding prices and honeymoon and whatnot, it's looking difficult :(

WinespringBrother
09-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Buying single flights was crazy expensive, but when I checked what it would cost to buy all 3 tickets together, directly at American Airlines, it's not even 800. :)

It wasn't SBX! :eek::rolleyes::p yeesh

ShadowbaneX
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I only make light & heavy armour, cooking & jewelry (for now).

WinespringBrother
09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Hmm, $248 round trip on AA, NYC to ATL, not too bad. and maybe I will start doing the price research, if anyone wants to post where they are flying from so I can add it to the list.

Sarevok
09-18-2012, 01:50 PM
It wasn't SBX! :eek::rolleyes::p yeesh

Sorry... :o

[QUOT=SBX]Yeah, I only make light & heavy armour, cooking & jewelry (for now). [/QUOTE]
Lvl 65 please :)

and maybe I will start doing the price research, if anyone wants to post where they are flying from so I can add it to the list.
I will be flying out of Amsterdam, possibly via Boston.

Dragon Thief
09-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Just looked to get an idea, flights from San Jose/SF to Atlanta look to be $465+. Why are flights so damned expensive from the west coast?

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-20-2012, 11:46 AM
I was in Atlanta all last weekend, had a great time. On the way back my husband asked "when is the thing with the books again?" which made me laugh. He again said, just go ahead and book it, either alone or as a family trip (he can visit his sister).

So yeah. I am still in. Unless catastrophe hits, I will be there.

:)

ShadowbaneX
09-20-2012, 12:29 PM
If it's still scheduled at the same time as previous years, I'll be in the middle of finishing off my final assignment or exams. Unless a miracle happens I probably will miss this one as well. :(

Gilshalos Sedai
09-20-2012, 01:51 PM
IF we come, we'll be flying in. My back can't handle the road trip.

I won't know till November or December if we can come or not.

Ishara
12-31-2012, 12:57 PM
I'll be there - for sure. My husband will stay home and watch the Minion, so that makes things easy for me!

Frenzy
01-03-2013, 11:00 AM
How epic would it be if you, i, and Saucy were roomies :p

Ishara
01-03-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure the hotel could handle it...LOL.

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-04-2013, 10:34 AM
My husband is still figuring out travel plans for the remainder of the year, so I don't know yet if I will have company or be able to do the roomie thing :) I will let you know soon though!!

I am laughing at the thought of the three of us. We would anticipate raucous troublemaking, but as moms we likely will all be asleep by 11 pm and not wanna get up when the alarm goes off BECAUSE THERE ARE NO CHILDREN TO BOTHER US !!!!! ;)