PDA

View Full Version : No joke!! This is sickening!!!

pops taer
08-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Right here in my small town. Of course we know that no town is exempt from these predators!!!

http://www.semissourian.com/article/20080826/NEWS01/49206

I know the man and have sat at the table next to him and his step-granddaughters. Seems appearances can be deceiving, as he appeared to be a really nice fellow.

One gentleman, a friend of mine here in town, told me that his own granddaughter spent a good deal of time with one of Roger's step-granddaughters. Should the facts come out that Roger's had molested his granddaughter, he could guarantee the man woulldn't live more than 24 hours if he was let out of jail. My friend is suffering in the early stages of Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis and has nothing to lose.

Birgitte
08-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow. That's really disgusting. Horrible.

Frenzy
08-28-2008, 03:19 AM
i wish your friend good hunting, pops.

Davian93
08-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Just send this guy to take care of things...

http://www.theaspectratio.net/quiz-jackson.jpg

P.S. I tried to find a shot of him from A Time To Kill but was unable to.:(

Gilshalos Sedai
08-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Can we buy him ammo?

tworiverswoman
08-28-2008, 05:49 PM
-- "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law..."

He's been accused. Accusation does not yet equal guilt, I hope.

Mort
08-28-2008, 05:59 PM
-- "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law..."

He's been accused. Accusation does not yet equal guilt, I hope.

So what are you saying? Pop him after the trial?

pops taer
08-28-2008, 07:49 PM
It indicates that if the facts come out...note 'facts'. Sorta equates with proof if you think about it.

"Should the facts come out that Roger's had molested his granddaughter, he could guarantee the man woulldn't live more than 24 hours if he was let out of jail. My friend is suffering in the early stages of Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis and has nothing to lose."

tworiverswoman
08-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Pops -- it wasn't YOU I was trying to remind. Our fellow board members are beginning to resemble a lynching party.

I find the fact that statistics show a very nearly 100% recidivism among sex-offenders to be one of the most appalling factoids in existence. What are we supposed to DO with them?

I have my preferences....

Sinistrum
08-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry, but if my child/grandchild was ever molested by someone, that someone had better pray they get a life sentence. If they get less than that, I'm killing them the minute they get out of jail. If were to get off on anything other than a pure acquittal for lack of evidence (procedural grounds or plead out on insanity), I'm killing them the minute the walk out of the court room. I do nothing but sympathize with your friend's wishes on this matter pops.

tworiverswoman
08-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Sini... while the sentiment is understandable, please try to remember that you're a lawyer now. You're supposed to be "pro-law"-- which, unfortunately, far too often does NOT resemble "pro-justice."

The worst part about a molestation accusation is that, even if he's 100% innocent, this man (and others) will be found "guilty by accusation." Even if the child/children are found later to have lied through their teeth, no one will believe the recant. It's happened more than once.

I'm not as convinced of this man's innocence as I sound -- he does carry that 1981 conviction. But witch hunts are easy to drum up.

Sinistrum
08-29-2008, 01:25 AM
please try to remember that you're a lawyer now.

On this issue and a few others, my status as a lawyer has absolutely no influence what so ever on what I believe. I'm well aware of what the law says I'm supposed to do. I also don't give a shit either. As far as I'm concerned if the court systems gives out anything but a life sentence for my child having been molested, it has failed, and thus I'm entitled to go Punisher on the childfucker. It is not legal, probably neither rational nor ethical, but it is the way I feel and it is most certainly not changing anytime soon. There are some things that just transcend all of that, and for me, avenging a loved one who has been violated in that manner is one of them.

Frenzy
08-29-2008, 10:24 AM
of course we'd wait for the trial, tru. It keeps people employed, if nothing else.

tworiverswoman
08-29-2008, 05:15 PM
OK -- since universal opinion (among those who've posted, anyway) seems to be "KILL THE BASTARD!" -- and bearing in mind that modern thinking is that people who molest children CANNOT be "cured" of the desire to do so -- is life imprisonment enough?

"Life Sentence" doesn't mean what it sounds like, given all the various things that can give a convicted criminal early release.

Someone posted a handy link to the Sex Offender Database here not long ago, which let you see how many sex offenders lived inside a certain radius of any given address you typed in. It also showed the names, address and photos of the registered offenders. How many people checked it? What do you DO about it if you find you have a registered child molester living two doors down from you?

Is there an answer, short of capital punishment? Should there be?

ETA: And what about the person who is accused falsely? What is HIS redress? (yeah, yeah -- there are female molesters -- I think it's about 3% of the total)

Cary Sedai
08-29-2008, 05:30 PM
It's hard for me to read these kinds of threads. I have personal reasons for my stance. All molestors and rapists should be killed.

I know that both children and adults lie. I wouldnt' want an innocent person killed. How to be sure? No idea. But if it is proven. Kill them.

Sinistrum
08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
All molestors and rapists should be killed.

Unfortunately, the SCOTUS in its infinite wisdom :rolleyes: has already ruled that it violates the 8th Amendment to execute for purely sex based offenses. Idiots.

"Life Sentence" doesn't mean what it sounds like, given all the various things that can give a convicted criminal early release.

Let me rephrase, life sentence without the possibility of protective custody in prison. In such a situation the offender goes to gen. pop. and one of two things occurs. Either he gets a taste of his own medicine and becomes someone else's bitch or he gets shanked in the laundry room. Either way suits me fine.

tanaww
08-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately, the SCOTUS in its infinite wisdom :rolleyes: has already ruled that it violates the 8th Amendment to execute for purely sex based offenses. Idiots.

And when I am President and you are Chief Justice, we can rectify this.

Purple Dragon
08-31-2008, 04:52 PM
and again, to all of you that just wants to hang'em high... TSK TSK...

what an outrageous thing... tsk tsk...

killing is so easy... WHY would you want a guy like that to get an easy way out?

Geez...

send an open letter to the fellow inmates and explain how he molested kids... MUCH better and/or eficient.

you'd be surprised at how many convicts HATES childmolester... prison guards too... the first week he'll probably have tripped in the bath 6-8 times AND gotten raped by the sink...
:)

Frenzy
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
As much as that thought amuses me, i doubt it'd be good for the overall control of the prison. A separate facility for convicts of crimes against children would separate them from the GP without giving them special, more expensive, treatment. It'd be a holding pen until they die, because there is no rehabilitation.

Hell, you could send anyone sentenced for life w/o parole, because they're just in holding 'til they die anyway.

DahLliA
09-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm in the "just kill them" camp

first off it's child molesters deserve it
secondly I think it's a waste of money to keep people in prison for life. just give them a bullet to the neck and dump the corpse in a pig pen. much cheaper