PDA

View Full Version : Hello and a plea!

Bandu
07-09-2012, 02:00 AM
Hi,

Just started reading the WoT (listening to it to be exact) and enjoying it thusfar

I'm up to chapter 9 of book 1! :D

I have a problem tho. I've spoilt some of it by foolishly googling for a worldmap. :o

Could I PM someone who has read all of the released books to let me know how badly I have messed up, please?

Thanks!

Weird Harold
07-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Hi,

Just started reading the WoT (listening to it to be exact) and enjoying it thusfar

I'm up to chapter 9 of book 1! :D

I have a problem tho. I've spoilt some of it by foolishly googling for a worldmap. :o

Could I PM someone who has read all of the released books to let me know how badly I have messed up, please?

Thanks!
Not too badly if all you found was the flyleaf maps. The maps with troop strengths and locations won't make much sense until you get further into the books anyway -- and most of them are wrong in some aspect anyway; they're fanart, not canon.

DahLliA
07-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Welcome

<-- beer

spoilers -->

and I can't imagine one map spoiling too much?

GonzoTheGreat
07-09-2012, 03:27 AM
and I can't imagine one map spoiling too much?
If you find a map of who is going where, when, and why, with marks of where and when they die, then that could spoil some things. Of course, such a map would probably be unreadable, what with all the running around, so even then the spoilage would be limited.

Random Man
07-09-2012, 03:34 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Chances are anything spoilery you come across won't make any real sense at your point in the story, especially fan-generated political/faction maps or character movement/troop maps. I've never seen any maps online that GIVE AWAY THE WHOLE STORY mwahaha...You can PM me if you want though. I'll provide vague enough answers.

P.S. Welcome!

Bandu
07-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi, sorry I should have mentioned that the map wasn't the spoiler.

Whilst googling for a WoT map I saw some spoilerific text out of the corner of my eye :(

Terez
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
You can PM any of us and we'll let you know if it's bad. But honestly, if only one thing was spoiled, you're probably in good shape. There are a ton of plotlines in the book.

The Unreasoner
07-10-2012, 02:23 AM
I'll just say that I read the entire WoT FAQ after reading TEotW. And it spoiled some things, but it was kind of cool to see how my imagination (incorrectly and correctly) filled in the blanks. A lot of things happen suddenly/all at once, so they can still be surprising.

Random Man
07-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Yeah, what Terez said, plus it isn't like the story gets boring after you know what is going to happen. I've been rereading the series for 17 years. No one wants to ruin the First Read, certainly. But there's plenty of things fans have reasoned out will happen before certain volumes get published and it isn't like it ruins the story. Also I totally dig postings of first-time readers - it's just so neat to see those first impressions of immersion in the world that is WOT. You'll I hope find a lot of fans go out of their way to keep it fun and spoiler-free, just beware where your eyes may wander as even title threads in certain forums on many sites may have spoilers :eek:

Zaela Sedai
07-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Consider this your official welcoming... I think the real Greet has more spoilers then the map does LOL :D