PDA

View Full Version : Letters and cards to Pops!!

pops taer
08-29-2008, 01:55 PM
I was doing some sorting of letters, cards and other items today and found a large stack of Christmas cards from my TL friends/sister/brothers. It was nice to sit and look at the notes written and remember back to the trips to Connecticut to meet Zae, Hopper and WSB, then to Las Vegas to meet the gang out there and of course the Seattle trip meeting Sdog and Herid. Danged if it didn't almost bring a tear to these jaundiced ole eyes. What a treat to think it's been 5+ years since I joined this group and I have enjoyed most of it even if there were trials and trepidations along the way. For example, just because Gonzo is a pain in the butt doesn't mean I don't enjoy him being around. And Rogue Saviour is a lost cause all the way around but he still belongs to tanaww and that counts for a little bit, so I tolerate him and give her my deepest sympathy!!!

Anyhow, to all of you at TL, here on non-wheel or on the rest of the board, I say Thank you and wish all of us at least 5+ more years of fun, ignorance, stupidity and just plain good fellowship.

Oh, and if someone wants to post this up somewhere else on TL where other members go that don't come here, please do. It's meant for everyone!!!

Gilshalos Sedai
08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Pops! Glad you've been around for 5 years, too!

Crispin's Crispian
08-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks Pops. I would say we need to find a new series of books to read once AMOL is done, but obviously not! :D

Terez
08-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I will treasure my Christmas card from Muttley forever. :D

Everyone else's too, but his was special...

Cary Sedai
08-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I got a lovely Christmas card from Gil and Bry. This year I'm getting on the TL list! :D

This will be my third Christmas with ya'll! :D

4Alethinos
08-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Dear Pops:

I too remember meeting you in Las Vegas and how much I enjoyed my time there.

I even remember most of the real names of the people I met. Alzheimer's does not have me by the short hairs, yet.

I have always appreciated your humor and wisdom and your care for your family.

May you be blessed and a blessing in these interesting days.