PDA

View Full Version : Happy Yankee Hater Day!

tanaww
08-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Sorry, I know this day isn't on the calendar, but I will celebrate this day as long as this happens: Google Worst Loss in Baseball History (http://www.google.com/search?q=worst+loss+in+baseball+history&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B2GGFB_enUS226)

When I am President, this will really be a holiday. Have a great day Yankee Haters everywhere!

irerancincpkc
09-01-2008, 05:56 AM
I eagerly wait for the day when you make this an official holiday. :D

Ozymandias
09-01-2008, 06:48 AM
I eagerly wait for the day when you make this an official holiday. :D

I just have to say one thing. I was struck more by Steinbrenner's comment than the score. "Winners never quit and quitters never win. And New Yorkers never quit.." etc etc. This is the kind of comment that separate father from son.

Steinbrenner Sr. wasn't always the best winner or most gracious loser, but he had some dignity and class. This is the kind of comment Hank has yet to make... he just continually complains and sets himself up for mockery. He doesn't seem to understand the fact that the Yankees aren't guaranteed a postseason spot by virtue of their jersey; I honestly think he's of the opinion the Yankees have their own spot, in perpetuity.

Show some class like your father, Hank.

tanaww
09-01-2008, 07:43 AM
A follow-on commentary (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-arod083108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)...

Ozymandias
09-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Another stupid sportswriter pandering to legions of Yankee fans.

Arod may not be clutch, but clutch is an incredibly difficult thing to quantify, and to be honest, basically every statistic for measuring it has been discounted for any number of reasons. Whats important in that in 3 full seasons, Arod has been an MVP twice, and he single handedly got them in the playoffs last year.

So Yankees fans. If I tell you you get one extra playoff appearance, a perennial MVP candidate, and a .300/120/40 HR guaranteed hitter every year, are you seriously gonna sit there and boo him? Yankees fans are just taking out the decline of their hero Jeter on Arod... an irrational hero, since he's the most overrated player in the history of the sport (Jeter).

tanaww
09-01-2008, 08:42 AM
I will post these until this thread takes on the proper tone:
Big Wiffah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ZJ4jgChOk)

For Z. God Damn It Camera Fella! How Could You? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvMc1aT5A5s)

Zaela Sedai
09-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes... Jay will be ever proud that they made a video because of his comments. LOL I love it.

I did remind him of Yankee Haters Day but.... it doesn't take much to beat him down this year.

As for A-Rod...I'm sry but being clutch DOES matter. He only has 3 COUNT EM 3 RBIs after the 7th inning this year...thats...dreadful to say the least for someone whos paid that much and counted on to win games. It doesn't matter how many homers you hit if they are all when you are already winning by 3 runs or more.

Hmmm...2 time MVP or 2 time World Champion...thanks, I'll take the latter.

Ozymandias
09-01-2008, 11:16 PM
As for A-Rod...I'm sry but being clutch DOES matter. He only has 3 COUNT EM 3 RBIs after the 7th inning this year...thats...dreadful to say the least for someone whos paid that much and counted on to win games. It doesn't matter how many homers you hit if they are all when you are already winning by 3 runs or more.

Hmmm...2 time MVP or 2 time World Champion...thanks, I'll take the latter.

Well... it wouldn't have been tough to see your a Yankee fan, just by your attitude. He's batting .271 with runners on. .250 with runners in scoring position. .297 with men on, 2 outs.

People want to hate A-rod because he's the best. Because they realize Derek Jeter is a selfish, overrated jerk and need to compensate for it by hating someone else.

Saying he has "this many RBIs after the 7th inning" means nothing. According to ESPN's statistic "close and late" (which is after the 6th inning, up by one, tied, or with the tying run on deck), Arod has 7 RBI, 2 HR, and 6 doubles. BAtting .270.

So no, your wrong. Arod isn't the most clutch guy around, but he's not BAD. And he's so good at all other times that it compensates. He carried this team on his back for an ENTIRE season. You can't get that from anyone else. A couple weeks ago, I saw him in a 1st inning home run which put the Yanks up 2-0. They lost the game, badly, and Arod was smashed for "not being clutch". Something is wrong there.

And btw... I'd rather have 2 MVPs than 2 rings. Your basically telling me that you'd rather have Jim Leyritz than Alex Rodriguez, which proves you know nothing about baseball.

Zaela Sedai
09-02-2008, 06:57 AM
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Was I just called a Yankees fan?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

MAMA HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

~cries~

~gouges out eyes with a spoon~

I said I'D rather have 2 rings than 2 MVPs. Me, the FAN, the RED SOX FAN of course I'd rather have that...I could give a shite about having MVPS on my team as long as the TEAM wins. And of course I hate A-Rod, I'll knock him whenever I get the chance. The best player in baseball has proven nothing but the fact he is a curse to have on your team. I hope he continues to suck in the clutch. Hey there's always next year. Ooh it feels SO good to say that to someone else.

I know plenty about baseball, I devote at least a 160+ days a year to it.

Ever call me a Yankees fan again and when you come back from down under I shall find you and make you curse the day your parents met. ( I've been reading WoT LOL)

Ozymandias
09-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Haha well it just proves that the further along the circle you go, the closer you come to your enemy.

Its a sad day when Yankees and Red Sox fans hate each other so much that they can't be distinguished from one another.

They're both evil empires. One day I'll go to a game at Fenway and they'll all be wearing those Blofeld-style jackets with no lapel...

Zaela Sedai
09-02-2008, 07:15 AM
You have to understand that my hubby is a die hard Yankees fan, so not only do I see every Sox game, I see every Yankees (or at least hear) as well. And I must take every chance I get to rub in his face how much they suck this year (relatively speaking)

And at least you'll still be able to go to Fenway...you know the original historic stadium. And you should, Boston and Fenway don't smell like urine...hell not even the pee troughs smell like like the whole of Yankees Stadium... god I hate the Bronx.

Ozymandias
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
You have to understand that my hubby is a die hard Yankees fan, so not only do I see every Sox game, I see every Yankees (or at least hear) as well. And I must take every chance I get to rub in his face how much they suck this year (relatively speaking)

And at least you'll still be able to go to Fenway...you know the original historic stadium. And you should, Boston and Fenway don't smell like urine...hell not even the pee troughs smell like like the whole of Yankees Stadium... god I hate the Bronx.

Yeah Yankee Stadium is a dump. I remember parking my car one night in a makeshift parking lot (an ALCS game versus the Sawx... the benefit of having your best friend's father working for HBO Sports), and getting out to find all the tires were popped on broken glass that coated the ground.

As a Mets fan, though, I have no cause to complain. Shea is the ugliest stadium in baseball. Citizens Bank Park (I now live in Philly) is gorgeous though.

pops taer
09-03-2008, 10:39 AM
This holiday I did not forget to celebrate. Sunday, August 31, 2008, was celebrated with approximately 40 relatives at a family reunion, (I had my bride along to protect all the ladies), and in honor of the historic good ole country whippin give to the yanks we all laughed heartily!!

P.S. WSB sent me 2 Mets hat pins that I received today!!!