PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Mystery Taveren with the Yellow Eyes?

Wheel of Thyme
08-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Hi all. First post for me :)
We all know that when Mat, Perrin and Rand think about each other they get Instant RandVision Access to what the others are doing. In light of that, consider Perrins POV, from Knife of Dreams chapter 12, on page 321 of my softcover book:

"She and Mishima exchanged glances. Light, he hoped there was nothing in the prophecies about TWO men with yellow eyes. Those colors whirled, and he dashed them"

So...my question to you all is...who was being "summoned" by Perrins stray thought; it seems to me there is a mystery taveren, never before seen because no one thought of him in that light prior to this instance. Clearly it wasnt in reference to himself, Perrin. Elyas? Noam/ Boundless? And could either be the "Broken Wolf" of the Dark Prophecies? That may merit the character getting Taveren status. Noam certainly was in a convenient place in a convenient time.

GonzoTheGreat
08-14-2012, 03:42 AM
I think that you're thinking in the wrong direction here.
The prophecies which Perrin thinks of here are the Prophecies of the Dragon, and who is the Dragon? Rand al'Thor. So it seems likely that Perrin had a stray thought of Rand, which can indeed produce such swirling colors in him (and in Mat).

Ishara
08-14-2012, 06:38 AM
I agree - and also, welcome! Consider popping by the New Users of Theoryland Forum (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)to get acquainted with the ins and outs of posting here and to properly welcomed! :)

Terez
08-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Agreed on the prophecies causing the colors, and also, the second yellow-eyed man was Elyas, who was with him at the time.

Wheel of Thyme
08-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Terez, Gonzo, Ishara,
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, and your opinions on the interpretation. It does make sense.

Jonai
08-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Thyme is very delicious. /welcome

NobleHam
08-21-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree with what the others have said, but also wanted to point out that I believe the "broken wolf" in the Prophecies of the Shadow refers to Hopper, since it says Death has known it.

bowlwoman
08-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Thyme is very delicious. /welcome

Thinking of changing my name to "Wheel of Parsley". Lots of vitamins AND freshens your breath. Look out, DO!!!

Oh, and welcome!

newyorkersedai
08-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Agreed on the prophecies causing the colors, and also, the second yellow-eyed man was Elyas, who was with him at the time.

Yes. It's either Elyas or Hopper - both are broken. If it's Perrin because he met I shy once who became "Death" then this series is all sorts of downhill - and not subjectively...

Terez
08-21-2012, 07:33 PM
I think it's Rand, but that's another thread. ;) (I believe the second most likely is Lan.)

The Unreasoner
08-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I agree with what the others have said, but also wanted to point out that I believe the "broken wolf" in the Prophecies of the Shadow refers to Hopper, since it says Death has known it.
*giggles*
Are you familiar with the phrase: 'opening a can of worms'?

newyorkersedai
08-21-2012, 07:37 PM
I think it's Rand, but that's another thread. ;) (I believe the second most likely is Lan.)

Sigh, I don't think Rand's it, unless you hold very important the fact that wolves see Rand as an exceptional human.

LAN? Now that sounds like a likely additional candidate. Very likely, actually...

Terez
08-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Sigh, I don't think Rand's it, unless you hold very important the fact that wolves see Rand as an exceptional human.
There are other wolf references for Rand throughout the series, including the derivation of his name (from Randall). More than there are for Lan, actually. And that's not counting the Shadowkiller thing.