PDA

View Full Version : hello from the uae

lolguy26
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
hello everybody im ali from the uae im 16 i started WoT when i was 15 i saw the cover for the dragon reborn and it looked interesting so me ( yes i know dont judge a book by its cover but i guess its ok this time) and after reading the book i felt abit lost so i check online and got the rest as ebooks (they arent so easily available here) and i have been hooked ever since :p:D:cool:

GonzoTheGreat
08-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the board!
As you may have noticed afterwards, TDR (abbreviation for The Dragon Reborn, we use a lot of abbreviations here) is not really the ideal book to start the series with, but it all worked out anyway.

The artwork of the WOT series is renowned.

Isabel
08-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Welcome ;) We used to have someone from the UAE, but I am not sure he still posts here.

So it's good to have someone from that region again.

Sarevok
08-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Welcome to TL, lolguy! :)

Terez
08-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Welcome ;) We used to have someone from the UAE, but I am not sure he still posts here.
That would be randalthor15 a.k.a. TJ. He's still around, but he doesn't post much. I'm not sure he was from there exactly, but I know he lived there for a long time. He also lived in France.

Welcome to Theoryland. :) You already post at DM don't you?

Sukoto
08-21-2012, 02:55 AM
أهلاً وسهلاً بك في ثيريلاند

DahLliA
08-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Welcome

<-- abbreviations I have to google to understand

beer -->

lolguy26
08-23-2012, 07:09 AM
That would be randalthor15 a.k.a. TJ. He's still around, but he doesn't post much. I'm not sure he was from there exactly, but I know he lived there for a long time. He also lived in France.

Welcome to Theoryland. :) You already post at DM don't you?

i do and thats how i got access to TL

and to sukoto

wot تسلم يا الطيب أنت من وين لان اول مرة اشوف عرب يقراون

srry about the spelling mistakes

Sukoto
08-30-2012, 03:32 AM
wot تسلم يا الطيب أنت من وين لان اول مرة اشوف عرب يقراون

انا لست عربي ولاكن درست العربية قليلاً في الجامعية. انا من امريكا في ولاية إنديانا. في الإمارات هذه الكتب هي شعبية؟ لانا اول مرة اشوف عربي في ثيريلاند. ممتاز! واهلاً مرة ثانية
Ugh it took me forever to type that. I am so rusty. I never did learn the Arabic keyboard very well. I surprised myself by understanding what you wrote without looking anything up. But I admit that I had to consult Google on a few of the phrases in my response. I forgot how much fun Arabic is. Im feeling all nostalgic now. Welcome! And bring your friends! Don't let anyone scare you away. :D

lolguy26
08-30-2012, 10:10 PM
actually none of my friends are avid readers and my bro isnt the kind to actually log in twice soo i guess its only going to be me :D