PDA

View Full Version : Howdy.

NobleHam
08-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Well, I've already made some posts, but I guess I should introduce myself. I picked up my first WoT novel about 13 years ago in Middle School and now I'm 24 and eager for the end. I finally registered here to post some of my thoughts as I've been re-reading sporadically for the last year or so. In retrospect, I should have picked a better name, but I've gone by NobleHam on dozens of forums and websites for 18 years.

I'm here mainly to discuss and have fun. Don't expect me to cite a lot of specific evidence (quotes) unless I'm challenged and feel the urge to defend myself, as I'm pretty casual about this. And please, feel free to call me out when I'm dead wrong about something.

GonzoTheGreat
08-22-2012, 04:03 AM
Don't expect me to cite a lot of specific evidence (quotes) unless I'm challenged and feel the urge to defend myself, as I'm pretty casual about this.
You'll get over that. Once you engage in a couple of vigorous arguments, casuality* loses out fairly quickly, most of the time.

And please, feel free to call me out when I'm dead wrong about something.
You would be first, as until now, no one has ever been dead wrong about anything at all on this board.

* May not be precisely the right word here, according to nitpickers. Then again, it works, so that's that.

DahLliA
08-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Welcome

<-- beer

ham -->

NobleHam
08-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Mmm... beer...

As for my casualness, I just mean I'm not gonna dig through books for quotes unless my memory and the web fail me. =P

Tsofu
08-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Welcome NobleHam!

Folks here abouts are mostly friendly, (at least all that I've encountered have been) and if coherent, cogent, well thought out arguments were a criteria for membership, this place would be deserted. :D

Tsofu

SauceyBlueConfetti
08-22-2012, 01:40 PM
unless you use LIME GREEN FONT.

Then we wait patiently to eat you alive.:D

Zombie Sammael
08-23-2012, 06:43 AM
unless you use LIME GREEN FONT.

Then we wait patiently to eat you alive.:D

I like it. It shows up well against the grey.

ETA: Uh, hi Nobleham. Good luck with that no quotes thing...