PDA

View Full Version : Account hacked and stolen.

Hopper
08-29-2012, 08:01 PM
I got an email earlier today indicating that someone had tried to change my password, but I just ignored it as I did NOT attempt to change it. I just tried logging in and someone changed my login email.

You guys might want to check your accounts.

ShadowbaneX
08-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Man, that sucks, but I didn't know that they could change your login account. I just tried it and it said that the service was down.

Stupid question (I know & I apologize, but I have to ask), but is it possible it was just a typo?

Hopper
08-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Those fields had been auto-populating for a couple days. I had actually played about an hour before trying to go back in game. Poof, no account. I think I'm closer to getting it back though.

Isabel
08-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Those fields had been auto-populating for a couple days. I had actually played about an hour before trying to go back in game. Poof, no account. I think I'm closer to getting it back though.

Hope you get back in soon !

WinespringBrother
08-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear that.

More importantly, virus scan your computer since this is probably caused by a keylogger, and use different passwords for all of your accounts.

123seem
08-31-2012, 05:40 PM
i have been having a hard time logging in as well. for almost 2 days every time i tried it came back as 'password incorrect'. today i was able to log in and spend quality time talking to Isabel. I left to go shopping and when i came back once again 'password incorrect'.

Isabel
09-01-2012, 01:08 AM
i have been having a hard time logging in as well. for almost 2 days every time i tried it came back as 'password incorrect'. today i was able to log in and spend quality time talking to Isabel. I left to go shopping and when i came back once again 'password incorrect'.

Do you also have trouble logging into the guild wars website? Else you might check that site for more info.

But it sucks, that gw gives trouble.

123seem
09-02-2012, 01:51 PM
yeah i submitted one ticket per day i have been not able to log in im on day 4. also i reclassified it as a hacked account after reading updated notes from the wiki.

Isabel
09-03-2012, 12:03 AM
That really sucks! Hope you get it back soon.