PDA

View Full Version : Captcha and Posting

Tamyrlin
09-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Has anyone else noted that they have to fill out Captcha when making a post?

Weird Harold
09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
not so far

ETA: That was a quick reply, BTW.

Tamyrlin
09-09-2012, 05:06 PM
not so far

ETA: That was a quick reply, BTW.

That was amazingly quick.

Sarevok
09-09-2012, 05:12 PM

I have no idea who "they" are in that sentence, but considering WH's response, it's probably obvious? :confused:

Tamyrlin
09-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I have no idea who "they" are in that sentence, but considering WH's response, it's probably obvious? :confused:

Any Youngling want to reply to my question?

eht slat meit
09-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I have to fill out captchas in order to post and have since I started, I think.

On a tangential note, captchas have become a real pain in the ass lately. They've always been hard to read, but for some reason, it's a real PITA to get them right these days. First word is usually an absolute #@*$)*&$ anyway, and for some reason it's been more difficult to get it right.

Tsofu
09-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Yes folks, those of us dwelling in the nose bleed seats, have to figure out the infernal things each and every time we post.

Tsofu

PS it sucks

Tamyrlin
09-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Wow - someone should have complained much earlier...that sounds horrendous. I'll look into that right now...so odd....

Tamyrlin
09-10-2012, 03:49 AM
I sincerely apologize to all Younglings. I can't believe you had to use Captcha to post...I'm sure someone mentioned it to me a long time ago and I didn't really understand what they meant. We had it in place, I'm sure, to attempt to prevent spammers from misusing the boards, but we have a different process in place now, so this has now been fixed.

And for all the shit you've had to deal with regarding Captcha inputs, I think I'll make sure raisings get done this week.

eht slat meit
09-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Captcha *does* have its uses, but not having been a forum admin anywhere, I don't know statistically how well it stacks up against other spam-prevention devices. As such, slogging through it has always seemed like a necessary evil. The design format that particular company uses (nearly illegible nonsense first word, easily legible normal second word) is the kind of thing that makes you want to find the designer and punch them in the nose.

*edit* No more captchas! Hooray! <3

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-10-2012, 10:36 AM
I sincerely apologize to all Younglings. I can't believe you had to use Captcha to post...I'm sure someone mentioned it to me a long time ago and I didn't really understand what they meant. We had it in place, I'm sure, to attempt to prevent spammers from misusing the boards, but we have a different process in place now, so this has now been fixed.

And for all the shit you've had to deal with regarding Captcha inputs, I think I'll make sure raisings get done this week.

Thanks Tam :)

JOS
09-10-2012, 12:50 PM

I would rep you for this if I could .... :D I sometimes don't post if there is a Captcha, as some of those dumb words have to be refreshed 9 times before a readable one comes up.

Tsofu
09-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Yaaaaay! Many thanks, Tam!!

Tsofu

suttree
09-10-2012, 02:28 PM

No worries Tam! It's a testament to how lazy I am that I didn't think to mention it until now. ;) Appreciate the quick fix!