PDA

View Full Version : Palin is a Crusader alright ;)

Davian93
09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/02/1327574.aspx

Troops are deployed on a "Mission from God"

Ivhon
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh...My....uhh...God.

Davian93
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
McCain literally picked me up and tossed me over that big ol fence from his bloc to Obama...Thanks Johnny! I think I broke something when I landed. Go Obama.

Bryan Blaire
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
That is definitely pretty crazy, but in line with most Christian principles.

She added, “That's what we have to make sure that we are praying for: that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan.”

The above sounds like an admission that it might not be though. You can't say that praying there is a plan, and that God's behind it, equates to a definite admission that it is, in fact, from God, as there is a question implicit in there.

Davian93
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
~coughs~

Separation of Church and State

~coughs again~

Bedrock of our democracy.

~walks away~

Bryan Blaire
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm not seeing anything that violates that here, Davian. The one that is worse are all the pipeline comments.

Davian93
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Saying troops that are deploying are doing God's work is pushing it Bryan. While personally I may agree with the sentiment, its innappropriate.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
“Ben, I don't know you well enough yet, but looking at you, I'm thinking, people are going to interested in Jesus Christ through you because of the way you look - this red-headed Sasquatch for Jesus. You look good!”

HAHAHA

Bryan Blaire
09-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Dav, that's not what is said in that quote:

She urged students to pray “that our leaders -- that our national leaders -- are sending [soldiers] out on a task that is from God.”

She urged students to pray that the task is from God. I agree that hoping that that is the reason they are sending them out is a little much, but that comment isn't an out-right stating of holy war.

Remember, we have to be very careful, it's critical to all of this as to what the definition of "is" is... ;)

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-02-2008, 07:24 PM
sing it with me....
thats where you'll find meeeeee
on the fence

where i usually am during elections. i have some democratic leanings, some republican and never agree entirely with one side. usually, i am annoyed and irritated and vote for the LEAST evil of the two choices. this year i was comfortable on the fence, leaning both ways and thought, might not be such a bad choice, i could agree a bit with either side.

sigh

when Obama picked Biden I was disappointed, and I said to my hubby (who is pure Re-pub-li-can) that OB had tossed away the election with his choice.

but then McCain announced his choice and i laughed so hard i cried.

Caribou hunters? Pregnant teenage daughter? NRA supportin' pro-life mother of 5? Someone said, "oh she will appeal to so many women, she understands the plight of a true family" and women will love her.

ROFLMAO. POUNDING ON THE FLOOR LMAO. that ain't my family. that ain't my life. that ain't MY idea of a strong female role model. that is a podunk town's mayor gone gonzo and I WILL BE DAMNED if i don't vocalize my objections before she is, as someone else put it, "a heartbeat away" from one of the most powerful positions on earth.

the world must be laughing at us that these are considered "the best of the best" to put in office. on BOTH sides. that fence is starting to hurt.

tanaww
09-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Bryan, why am I reminded of some kick ass war movie where the soldiers land and the line is something like "God was busy so he sent us."

Bryan Blaire
09-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I dunno. ;)

That's not the most horrible view point that she has, IMO.

ShadowbaneX
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
and here I thought someone was going to have posted this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mDLsyn6ns) somewhere in this thread.

Ahh, well, I guess I'll just have to do it myself.

Cary Sedai
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
SBX, I wish I wasn't so curious. I could have lived the rest of my life with out seeing that.

I suppose Palin is better than her, I'm not sure how much though....

ShadowbaneX
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
you've never seen the 'God Warrior'? Wow, sometimes I forget how shelted from the rest of the internet this cite can be...probably not a bad thing though.

Terez
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I've never seen it. But my stepmom talks about my demons all the time...

Sei'taer
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
LMAO...I love the god warrior...she's HOT!

ShadowbaneX
09-02-2008, 09:33 PM
ST...I'm really beginning to wonder about your taste in women. Are you sure you're related to Pops?

tworiverswoman
09-03-2008, 12:25 AM
SBX, what the hell was that? I couldn't get through the first full minute of it.

Is there ANYBODY else running for president? Anyone? Tanaww, is it too late for you and Hopper to file REAL candidacy papers?

I used to say I'd take anyone but Billary. I've changed my mind.

Anyone?

ShadowbaneX
09-03-2008, 01:00 AM
SBX, what the hell was that? I couldn't get through the first full minute of it.

Reality TV and Religious fanaticism at it's finest...

She even has her own wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marguerite_Perrin).

GonzoTheGreat
09-03-2008, 03:22 AM
that is a podunk town's mayor gone gonzo and I WILL BE DAMNED if i don't vocalize my objections before she is, as someone else put it, "a heartbeat away" from one of the most powerful positions on earth.
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Gilshalos Sedai
09-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Wasn't that on MomSwap, SBX?

I'm beginning to become more and more disturbed by Sarah Palin. I honestly don't know if I'll vote for McCain, now, though. But I'm still not changing my vote to Obama.

ShadowbaneX
09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
yeah, not that I saw it there, no, I'm only familiar with it via the intarwebz.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-03-2008, 09:25 AM
I think that was the last episode of Momswap I ever saw. *shudder*

pops taer
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Remember I'm a good bit like Saucey. I'm neither Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc. I subscribe to my own decisions and thoughts in making my own decisions. But just thought you might be interested in this video since we are throwing them around!!

http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=VIdbYjmbFzo