PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

czymann
09-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I have a few people I know who could possibly join our ranks. I was wondering what people think about how our recruiting should go, from people we know to those we meet in game.

WinespringBrother
09-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Firseal had similar questions, sounds like we should play it by ear/add recruits as darkfriends to see how well they fit in.

Just appending to this thread instead of starting a new one: Regina from Anet promoted this site on the gw2 forums - gw2guilds.org which is a list of guilds/alliances by server. Anyone interested in having us registered on there (or opposed to it) ? It looks like a good way to meet other guilds/players and I'd like to sign us up.

Ivhon
09-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Firseal had similar questions, sounds like we should play it by ear/add recruits as darkfriends to see how well they fit in.

Just appending to this thread instead of starting a new one: Regina from Anet promoted this site on the gw2 forums - gw2guilds.org which is a list of guilds/alliances by server. Anyone interested in having us registered on there (or opposed to it) ? It looks like a good way to meet other guilds/players and I'd like to sign us up.

As a rule, I am in favor of keeping a community presence - no matter how loose or restrictive we end up being in recruitment. It's a faster word of mouth for spreading the inevitable good reputation of being mature and skilled than in game itself. In turn, that provides greater opportunity to attract the kind of folks we want to play with.

....says the guy who has yet to form a party with anyone.

Firseal
09-11-2012, 03:52 PM
My suggestion was that some of us keep a weather eye out, and recruit any good, sensible person we saw. Looking, of course, for maturity (such as it is), intelligence, a casual attitude, and such. I want to get new voices about who fit in.

Once that person is in, their recruiter can put in good words for them, but cannot advance them. The advancement of that person - or censure or boot from the guild - would be reliant on the concensus of the others who were in charge, not their recruiter.

Of course, we'd have the usual side rule about bringing in people who we already know from our community.

czymann
09-11-2012, 08:04 PM
What Firseal suggests sounds fine to me. Also I would like to have our name out there soo go ahead and sign us up WSB.