PDA

View Full Version : Sixth Anniversary of Robert Jordan's passing

Tsofu
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
This Sunday, September 16, will mark the 5th anniversary of the passing of the man who brought all of this into existence, as a result of his labors.

Thank you, James O. Rigney/Robert Jordan, for a SUPERB addition to my life and reading pleasure. You sir, are missed and mourned.

Tsofu

Isabel
09-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Well said, Tsofu.

Thank you RJ for all the fantastic books, for being really nice to your fans, for all the fun booksignings, for all the 12 year old jokes, for all the friends i have met, for all the countries I have visited because off the Wheel of Time.
You are missed!

Lupusdeusest
09-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Thank you RJ for my heart and for my life, for being the single beam of light in the dark times, and for bringing me the greatest joys I have known. Thank you for guiding me to my future. Thank you for a world so well done it gives us such a firm root and makes such wonderful companion fans.

Rand al'Fain
09-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Thank you RJ, for not only writing, but creating a world and stories to go with it that have kept us entertained for years, and in some cases, decades. RIP, and know that we all here love your stories.

IvySedai
09-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Thank you RJ, for the fantastic, incredible journey. RIP

Boli
09-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Its been 6 years? wow. I still remember that day; (and the heart stopping moment when I thought the story will never be finished) like it was yesterday.

There are very few books I can read as fresh now as the day I first started, and with as much enjoyment. I will still forever be in your debt.

WinespringBrother
09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
He is missed as ever. RIP RJ! Starting my latest re-read, in memory.

Figbiscuit
09-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Six years? Wow. Time flies :(

Thanks to RJ for not only writing the best story I've ever read in my life, but also caring about your fans enough to leave detailed enough notes and instructions to ensure someone else can finish your legacy. God bless.

BobH
09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
I wish to add my thanks as well. The Wheel of Time has been an enjoyable part of my life for 20 years now.

And for the sake of accuracy, I should also point out that it has only been 5 years, not 6, since he passed. He died in '07.