PDA

View Full Version : Game of Stones revived?

DahLliA
09-03-2008, 07:54 AM
just got this mail today:

Dear former minions,

Once upon a time, you played a browser-based, Wheel of Time themed game called Game of Stones. Said game became boring, was uneventful, and lacked any sort of updates. However, that's all very different now. A few months back, Game of Stones became Open Source - the code became available for anyone to use. And now, one former player has made that code their own, and GoS is back - and, dare i say it, better.

Some of the new features of this version include:
● 100 battles limit - meaning you dont have to log on every few hours just to do your battles.
● New and improved town system, with Town chatboards and upgradeable shop systems.
● New talismans/items which you have a say in the creation of.
● Clans can now take over cities, and clans rank differently depending on which city you are in.
● Implementation of WoT themed quests in the near future.
● All former bugs which Craig (the original Creator) didn't fix are now fixed.
● Influence system removed.
● And most importantly, anything you want in the game, suggest it in the official forum. The new creator LISTENS to your ideas and suggestions. Which is lovely, seriously. So yeah, come back and ch-check it out! Who knows, you may even stay a while... http://gos.talij.com/

And don't forget to join the Forsaken. We need more evil people this version!

xoxo Aria

I'm gonna go check it out at least

Davian93
09-03-2008, 08:19 AM
I thought Stones was a game played in India or China already...I know its at least heavily based on a current board game that's simply not popular in the US.

Sarevok
09-03-2008, 04:10 PM
interesting, but I've got enough to do without getting a new addiction...

Ozymandias
09-04-2008, 01:35 AM
I'm pretty sure its based on Go, which is an eastern board game predating chess (I think). Its actually really fun. I can't make it work on my computer... I'm technology illiterate.

Sarevok
09-04-2008, 03:54 AM
uhm... the game Dahl is talking about was a browser based computer game, in wich you could go fight other players :)

Realnow
09-04-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty sure its based on Go, which is an eastern board game predating chess (I think). Its actually really fun. I can't make it work on my computer... I'm technology illiterate.

Yea Go is Chinese, the sort of thing Sun Tzu used to play. Its actually pretty difficult to learn the strategies of the game, while at the same time being simplistic. And it predates chess by atleast 1500-2000 years.

DahLliA
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
uhm...

it's not a board game from china. it's a browser based mmorpg based on WoT

a lot of us used to play the previous versions

Realnow
09-04-2008, 09:08 AM
However, here is a board game from China called Go. But anyway this sounds cool. Gunna check it.

Crispin's Crispian
09-04-2008, 10:26 AM
I just tried it. It's still really boring.

Realnow
09-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Its pretty good to waste time at work.

tanaww
09-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Its pretty good to waste time at work.

What? You don't have Facebook?

Cary Sedai
09-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I refuse to play this time! Last time I left all three of my characters to Tru to play, cause it drove me NUTS! :p

DahLliA
09-05-2008, 10:55 PM
I refuse to play this time! Last time I left all three of my characters to Tru to play, cause it drove me NUTS! :p

you're not missing much :p

still pretty much the same as when we left it. they added a feature where clans can take over cities, but doesn't seem to influence much. might get a bit better if they ever manage to add the quests and stuff