PDA

View Full Version : NOTICE regarding AMoL spoilers

Chosen
09-21-2012, 11:05 PM
With the release of the prologue and the imminent and much anticipated release of A Memory of Light, it will be extremely important to take care not to post spoilers. People read at different rates and may or may not choose to buy the prologue early. Some may even have a sentimental desire to draw out the reading of the last book.

Please remember that until further notice the General Wheel of Time Discussion forum should not include spoilers or references to AMoL content of any kind. Please post in the appropriate AMoL Discussion forum.

Terez
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
So when are you guys going to tell us what these other rules are? Because I keep getting modded for rules that apparently don't exist.

GonzoTheGreat
09-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Maybe they just like moddering you.

On topic:
In the period around a previous book release, there was a rule that thread titles should not contain spoilers either, because those titles can be seen from the main page of the board if that thread happens to be have the most recent addition to it. Then the rule was: the title should just be the name of the book together with the chapter number, and (optionally) page numbers.
Such a rule would be useful now again, I think. It might be difficult to comply with at the moment, as all there is is the prologue, but then, I haven't read that one, yet, so I wouldn't be inconvenienced by this rule. Thus, no worries.

Terez
09-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Maybe they just like moddering you.
That's nice, but they don't have to cite rules that don't exist when they do. It's dumb.

Also, you can avoid spoilers in titles without such stringent rules as all that.

WinespringBrother
09-22-2012, 10:08 AM
In the period around a previous book release, there was a rule that thread titles should not contain spoilers either, because those titles can be seen from the main page of the board if that thread happens to be have the most recent addition to it. Then the rule was: the title should just be the name of the book together with the chapter number, and (optionally) page numbers.
Such a rule would be useful now again, I think. It might be difficult to comply with at the moment, as all there is is the prologue, but then, I haven't read that one, yet, so I wouldn't be inconvenienced by this rule. Thus, no worries.

Consider this rule to be in place, pending official announcement by Tamyrlin and/or The Powers That Be.

GonzoTheGreat
09-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Consider this rule to be in place, pending official announcement by Tamyrlin and/or The Powers That Be.
Note: also consider announcing when the rule goes ineffective again. As far as I know, we should still follow this procedure in regard to PoD (and later books, probably too).

Ivhon
09-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Original post references "until further notice" in consideration that of course at some point we can expect people to have read the final book.

iokepa
10-23-2012, 03:15 PM
So if I screwed up already (as I realize I just did) and post a thread in General Discussion that should go in AMOL area...how do I move it?

Just delete it and post again? Wait for someone else to move it?

WinespringBrother
10-23-2012, 03:46 PM
So if I screwed up already (as I realize I just did) and post a thread in General Discussion that should go in AMOL area...how do I move it?

Just delete it and post again? Wait for someone else to move it?

I will move it, thank you for the heads up.
ETA: Done.