PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Stalker Mystery solved

Brita
09-04-2008, 11:15 AM
For those who remember, or care, I found out who it was that sent me the creepy email as "Shotgun Pete". It was my ex-fiance.

Quick reminder- I got an email from a fake profile talking about a backpack I had stolen 14 years ago. The only thing I could think is the thief kept my ID and then looked me up on facebook.

Now before you joke that instead of a crazy stalker I have a crazy ex-boyfriend stalker, he actually thought I would know it was from him. He set up the account to correspond with one friend in particular. He is a little private/paranoid so he had no identifying info at all on the site. He has an identical backpack from when we dated, and still has it. Someone made a comment about it to him, it reminded him of me and he sent me the enigmatic email. He always did have a very abstract way of thinking that I never could quite follow.

When the account was disabled by facebook at my request, he said "It was quite clear you didn't want to talk to me".

Anyway, mystery solved and I can sleep much better now.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-04-2008, 11:17 AM
LOL! Hope you told him what you thought!

Brita
09-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I did. :D

Gilshalos Sedai
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
LOL, poor guy.

Still, I woulda been a bit freaked, too.

Ishara
09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Phew! I remember being totally freaked out for you at the time Brita, so I'm really happy that it turned out to be innocent. How did you manage to clear things up though?

Brita
09-04-2008, 12:17 PM
I was 'creeping' on facebook, and I saw his Profile (a new one I guess) on a friend's site, but his name was made all Mexican (adding oroso and andaro and stuff to his name) and it said he was from Chihuahua Mexico just like Shotgun Pete (still being cautious I guess). It was a pretty easy deduction at that point, so I sent him a message and asked him about it. He confirmed it and apologized for the misunderstanding.