PDA

View Full Version : Billboards Too Scary?!?

Davian93
09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=349DA9ACFBA5157CD3BCDA71803DA9B3 ?contentId=7357874&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Personally I find mothers and the PC movement too scary but that's just me.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
That billboard is kinda scary, but they shouldn't have to take it down.

tanaww
09-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Ok Ladies, repeat after me:

I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended. I do not have the right to not be offended.

This message has been brought to you by the voice of reason.

Birgitte
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Group member Erin Heston says publicity for the Halloween festivities "glamorizes violence and human cruelty."

Yup. That picture is definitely human. And Glamorous!

Bryan Blaire
09-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Nope, Tanaww, they have the right to be offended. They even have the right to complain about it. Universal Studios and any judges involved should tell them to stuff it, they have a right to put up their billboards.

The moms should just put up a counter-scary billboard.

Frenzy
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
i've just been told by my higher-ups that the outreach campaign i've been working on for the last year has to start over because, while it may be effective, it's too racy for a taxpayer-funded campaign. It's targeting 18-29 year old males with the tagline "don't be a jackass." Well, it would have been that, but oh well.

Ozymandias
09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Nope, Tanaww, they have the right to be offended. They even have the right to complain about it. Universal Studios and any judges involved should tell them to stuff it, they have a right to put up their billboards.

The moms should just put up a counter-scary billboard.

The problem is that these mothers have a very real ability to limit Universal Studio's freedom of speech, merely because they thnk their children will be scared.

If they sue or bring suit, Universal will likely settle and take the things down.

JSUCamel
09-04-2008, 11:33 PM
I do not have the right to not be offended.

Read that again, Bryan.

Matoyak
09-04-2008, 11:39 PM
This one...ridicule all you want.

Lol, too scary billboards...

Let's hope that kid is never watching TV when a Mirrors/<enter horror movie here> trailer interrupts their regularly scheduled Barney...

Sarevok
09-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Uhm... I'm with the mothers on this one...
I'd probably have had nightmares from that picture when I was a kid.

Anaiya Sedai
09-05-2008, 04:32 AM
yeah, that one is scary. but mothers complain WAY too much.

Hopper
09-05-2008, 06:00 AM
This message has been brought to you by the voice of reason.

Tanaaw -

If you go and start using reason before the election, how on Earth do you expect us to win?

tanaww
09-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Tanaaw -

If you go and start using reason before the election, how on Earth do you expect us to win?

Are you saying we can't dazzle them with brilliance and need to go to Plan B?

Okay. How about this:

Tana / Hopper '08

FREE BEER AND INTERWEBS FOR ALL!

Davian93
09-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Mmmm....beer. What were we talking about again?

Gilshalos Sedai
09-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Metro Orlando Mommies

Totally tuned them out right there. How the hell can you be a respectable organization with the word 'Mommies' in the title???

Brita
09-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Totally tuned them out right there. How the hell can you be a respectable organization with the word 'Mommies' in the title???

LOL!!!

Cary Sedai
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Halloween is supposed to be scary!

I don't suppose the "mommies" ever thought to explain to thier children that it's make-believe.

Oh right, probably not because then they would have been taking responsibility for the rearing of thier children, and we all know that tv, teachers, video games and scary movies are all that our children learn from... :rolleyes:

Gilshalos Sedai
09-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Or god forbid their children grow a f'ing backbone. It ain't real, Junior, if its scary, don't look.

Davian93
09-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Goood.....GOOOOODDDDD....feeel the annoyance at paranoid mommies flow through you, let it control you, give you strength!

Bryan Blaire
09-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Bad Dav... if anyone gets to turn her to the Dark Side it's me, dammit! ;)

Brita
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Hee hee- good one Bry.

Sarevok
09-06-2008, 04:09 AM
*looks at the anti-mom faction running amok*

Cary Sedai
09-06-2008, 10:02 AM
*looks at the anti-mom faction running amok*

AMOK AMOK AMOK

Ok, seriously, I'm not anti-mom. I'm anti being offended over every little thing. This is just another of those things. It's a billboard about Halloween, it's supposed to be scary.

It's the parents responsibility to teach thier children the difference between real and make-believe. I know that even if you explain that, children might still be scared. Being scared is part of life, along with all the other emotions we have the range to feel.

Group member Erin Heston says publicity for the Halloween festivities "glamorizes violence and human cruelty."

This is a cop-out. It's an excuse they are using to be offended. Everytime some parent complains about video games, movies, childrens cartoons, etc. in reality it's an excuse to either cover thier poor parenting skills, or the fact that they are offended.

If there is one thing we could really do without, it's the self-important jackasses who are offended over every little thing AND use excuses to cover it.

Cause if you come out and say, "that billboard offends me", the majority of people will say, "get over it"

At least that's my take on it. :)

Frenzy
09-06-2008, 11:36 AM
"Group member Erin Heston says publicity for the Halloween festivities "glamorizes violence and human cruelty."

When it should be glamorizing shaking down your neighbors for tooth-rotting waist-expanding candy, or you'll egg or t-p their house.

They're getting bent over a "satanic" holiday, when the truth is much much worse: it's an Irish Catholic holiday. Gruesome. :rolleyes:

Bryan Blaire
09-06-2008, 11:44 AM
LOL... no kidding, Frenzy. That's what makes it so funny, that and the explanation for the Christmas Tree.

tanaww
09-06-2008, 04:29 PM
They're getting bent over a "satanic" holiday, when the truth is much much worse: it's an Irish Catholic holiday. Gruesome. :rolleyes:

I call Bullshit. If it's an Irish Catholic Holiday there should be Bush Mill and Guiness in my bag. There's just this crazy chocolate shit. Weird. If it's Irish, I want it to be true Irish. This year, there'll be a whisky bottle at my house.

Sinistrum
09-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Funny story along those lines Tana. Back when I lived in D.C. the embassies used to do different things for halloween. The Russian one, which SP and I called Darth Vader's summer home, used to toss out little bottles of vodka. ;)

Zaela Sedai
09-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I hate those mommies....They should thank Universal for warning them not to take their children ;)

That and they really need thank all those theme parks that pay their taxes every year. Dumbasses

Gilshalos Sedai
09-07-2008, 04:35 PM
The Russian one, which SP and I called Darth Vader's summer home, used to toss out little bottles of vodka.

Not a lot of kid trick'o'treaters there, I guess, eh?