PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Two of AMOL available for listening on Tor.com

David Selig
10-24-2012, 08:38 AM
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/10/audioslice-a-memory-of-light-chapter-2-qthe-choice-of-an-ajahq

Res_Ipsa
10-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Damn Corporations Law! I get out in 25mins but it can't get here too soon!

Terez
10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Can anyone figure out how to download it? I'm listening, but it will be easier to transcribe with a normal player.

Nevermind, got it. Transcribing here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mXNt8E7SD6U5hQMGzYX8Y7v-OCkK0DmG0LwjttblgCg/edit).

SauceyBlueConfetti
10-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Thank you T!

TankSpill
10-24-2012, 09:49 AM
I was just about to ask if there was a transcription yet! Thanks, Terez.

Also, kinda funny watching the typing...

Res_Ipsa
10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
SPOILERS in the summary.

Pevara POV - she is w/ Androl during a rainstorm. Talking about the oddness of the storm and that 40 odd people had been killed when they randomly burst into flame (initially thought to be an Asha'man gone mad but it is the DO's touch). She directly thinks about the 13x13 conversion and her disquiet of being forced to work w/ male channelers.

It appears the dead are walking outside in the Black Tower and these are growing quite common.

Pevara offers Androl a suggestion - she is the last non-converted AS in the BT and expects to be taken next - that she be offered as bait. Androl suggests sneaking her out, which she rejects.

Pevara and Androl talk about why he came to the BT. Apparently Androl wanted to "try something new" and that he was used to jumping off cliffs something related to Sea Folk traditions (odd that he should know that).

Pevara is refusing to leave bc she wants to fight and not let the shadow take the BT. Androl is incredulous that "she was taking responsibility for the men in the BT." Basically Pevara makes a statement to the effect that the WT should help guide the BT which Androl rejects. Androl wants to know why the WT sent Red sisters to bond men. Pevara says, "who better."

Androl talks about the source being cleansed but Pevara points out that there are still aspects of the taint left in the residual madness. Pevara talks about how Reds exist to make sure men who can channel do no harm.

Pevara accepts that change is coming and the Red Ajah and the BT will find common purpose and asks Androl to trust her. Androl says that he wishes he could believe her. Pevara hopes to change the Red Ajah's hatred or suspicion of men although she says that there are many diverging views of men.

Pevara is an oddity among the red and likes men and thinks warders would be useful. She is angry at Androl for not realizing she was offering a "hand" to him.

Androl goes back to making a saddle and Pevara shows that she knows leatherworking from her uncle. Androl says that maybe he knew her uncle, but Pevara does not want to disclose who he is. Pevara is Kandori, but Androl is incredulous bc he does not recognize her accent. Apparently Pevara's uncle was murdered by darkfriends over 100years ago. Her whole family was murdered by DFs.

Pevara asks Androl about his relatives, Androl cuts to the point of Pevara making nice. Pevara says men who make her channel "make her itch." Androl is satisfied w/ this response. Pevara feels this way bc it has been engrained in her but she is not disgusted by Androl and is willing to look past her discomfort for the common good.

Androl wants to show Pevara that the taint is clean, Pevara suggests forming a circle. Androl agrees and Pevara embraces the source trying to form a circle but she does so as if w/ a woman and it fails. Pevara realizes (from a book she had read) that a man has to lead a circle of just two and Androl "yanks" her into a circle not very gently. Pevara has to fight down panic w/ being linked by a male channeler. Androl is amazed at how much power Pevara has and the exchange of emotions allows them to feel the others emotions.

Androl wonders if he can form a gateway w/ a male-female circle. Pevara is sure it won't work bc gateways are denied in the BT (not sure if she is aware of Dreamspike). Androl appears to be in a wonderlust over the amount of power he is experiencing. Pevara wants to be released from the circle, apparently he is drawing too much from her but she she is powerless to do so. Androl notices that she is frightened and releases the circle. Pevara lashes out and bonds him bc she will not lose the control again. Androl is upset over being bonded w/out his permission. Pevara says Taim said she could choose whoever she wanted (minus his prohibitions) but Androl throws that back in her face and bonds her right back! They have a mind melding and Pevara sees his life flash before her eyes. The two bonds don't cancel each other out but have some interesting side effects.

Door bangs open, it is "young Evan." Androl admonishes Evan for being alone, but Evan says there is grave news that "Wellan(spelling?) and his AS are back" and that he and Genara AS are both converted. Wellan HAD BEEN w/ Logain.

Logain is not in the BT but Wellan says that Logain and Taim have reconciled their differences. Taim says that Logain will be coming tomorrow to announce this. Androl is horrified by the prospect.
END PEVARA POV

Aviendha POV - She is aware of Caemlyn being attacked and is seeking out Elayne. Aviendha is remarking the flora of "the wetlands" feeling "hollow." Aviendha goes to the Andor encampment and gets in past the guards w/out notice. She is not sure what to do w/ Rand and what his plan is which she wants to discuss w/ Elayne. Aviendha wants to give the Aiel a purpose once Rand no longer needs them. She believes that if the Aiel retreat to the waste it will signal their doom bc of her visions of the new weapons and technology and what the Seanchan will do. She thinks perhaps the Aiel should immediately attack, instead of waiting the generation as in her vision. However, she notes that years has passed before the Seanchan did attack and wonders what had delayed him? She leaves a knife to "thumb her nose" at the wetlander guards lack of notice. The guards finally notice the dagger and draw attention to it which Aviendha uses to enter Elayne's tent w/out being noticed. It is a war counsel. Lir argues for a need to return to Caemlyn bc it is a symbol. Elayne says that they forget the strength of the Andor and says she has left a small group of men to give warning if the Trollocs decide to leave (SO THEY DID NOT COMMIT FORCES). Dyelin tells Lir that Caemlyn is loss and the other high seats agree. The refugees are headed to Whitebridge w/ some guards. Elayne might try rescue w/ gateways but there will be no assault on Caemlyn. Aviendha approves of Elayne's fortitude. Elayne is waiting for the trollocs to leave and then will fight them on even ground. Lir agrees to go to Caemlyn (this seems odd, is he a DF). Elayne remarks upon finding Aviendha with a pungent oath (can't they detect each other through their sister bond). Elayne likes to curse apparently(High Seats in the tent are Lir, Perival, and Dyelin). Lir wants to punish the guards but Elayne disapproves of this, Elayne dismisses all the high seats, Lir is headed to Caemlyn. Dyelin is staying and it is unclear what Perival will be doing.

Aviendha and Elayne are alone. Elayne is upset over Caemlyn falling and apprently a dozen DFs in the guard who opened the ways. Elayne had taken precautions and had the ways guarded but the DF guardsmen who had rejected Gaebril had bided their time and betrayer her at the opportune moment. They start talking about Rand's meeting. Elayne will be in attendance and will only stay till the afternoon and will leave thereafter. Elayne wants to know if Aviendha will go back to Andor with her? Aviendha says no, she cannot leave her people. Elayne begins to say something but is cut off by a guard announcing a messenger. Elayne takes the letter but does not open it immediately. Elayne is hopeful that Aiel (and Aviendha) will be by her side when she retakes Andor. Her plan is to send a smaller force through a gateway to retake the waygate to deny the use to the shadow. Elayne opens the letter w/ a flow of air, apparently she can channel reliably again. Aviendha admonishes her to not endanger the babes. Reading the letter, Elayne is upset bc Rand demands that Elayne return to Andor to see her people. Seeing through the intent, Elayne says that he is obviously trying to get her to stay and sees a bit of the game of houses in the letter. Elayne wants to know why Rand wants her at the meeting so badly.

Aviendha tells Elayne that she needs to go to Rand "tonight." Aviendha says the "day of dying is near." Aviendha gets Elayne's blessing to go sleep w/ Rand. Aviendha regrets not being able to talk to Min before this. Elayne agrees to see Min together w/ Aviendha.

-END AVIENDHA POV

Terez
10-24-2012, 10:41 AM
It would be considerate to put that in spoiler tags. No one asked for a summary, and people might want to keep up with this thread without spoilers.

iokepa
10-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29375023/AMOL_ch2.mp3?dl=1

If anyone wants an mp3 of it to download...

Terez
10-24-2012, 10:45 AM
I hate dropbox. This works much better: ('save page as' to download)

http://www.tor.com/images/stories/audio/Memory-of-Light-chapter2.mp3 (http://www.tor.com/images/stories/audio/Memory-of-Light-chapter2.mp3)

arioch
10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
The two must be as one.

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=168362#post168362

Res_Ipsa
10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
It would be considerate to put that in spoiler tags. No one asked for a summary, and people might want to keep up with this thread without spoilers.

I figured for those who could not listen at work it would be nice if they wanted to know a bit about it. But I added the spoiler tags as you suggested to be courteous.

PS No one asked for a transcript, but you wanted to do that. That makes me think you just don't like to be beaten to the punch or have anyone step on your toes. That was not my intent.

Terez
10-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Lots of people asked for a transcript, in previous conversations about it. Most people hate listening.

Res_Ipsa
10-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Lots of people asked for a transcript, in previous conversations about it. Most people hate listening.

Yeah, I am one of those, which is why I did a summary. Thank you for the transcript it is much nicer.

maacaroni
10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
It's a different experience, listening. Not worse, not better, just different.

I do find that picturing scenes is much easier via Audio but I find the passage of time exceedingly slow at times. That's the trade-off, I suppose.

Davian93
10-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Will someone post a note when the transcription is complete?

maacaroni
10-24-2012, 11:41 AM
By the looks of it. About ten minutes...

Infidel
10-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Brandon, Harriet, Maria, et al.

Save yourselves the embarrassment of releasing yet another error-riddled book. Make the manuscript for A Memory of Light available to the residents of Theoryland, Ancient and above. We will comb through it and enable you to publish a pristine climax to the Wheel of Time. We will even do it free of charge.

Think about it.

Zombie Sammael
10-24-2012, 12:45 PM
It's finished (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mXNt8E7SD6U5hQMGzYX8Y7v-OCkK0DmG0LwjttblgCg/edit). I've left the link to download the audio in at the top, and until Terez gets back it will remain editable (though I have created a back-up copy in case any vandals turn up between now and then). Enjoy!

Davian93
10-24-2012, 01:00 PM
The link appears to be dead...

Zombie Sammael
10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
The link appears to be dead...

It's working fine for me - try again?

Davian93
10-24-2012, 01:08 PM
It's working fine for me - try again?

Working now...probably was a server issue.

Terez
10-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Brandon, Harriet, Maria, et al.

Save yourselves the embarrassment of releasing yet another error-riddled book. Make the manuscript for A Memory of Light available to the residents of Theoryland, Ancient and above. We will comb through it and enable you to publish a pristine climax to the Wheel of Time. We will even do it free of charge.

Think about it.
We have tried to convince them. But they picked bossman, who hasn't done a reread since 1998.

PS—I'll proofread it in a little bit.

Zombie Sammael
10-24-2012, 01:27 PM
We have tried to convince them. But they picked bossman, who hasn't done a reread since 1998.

PS—I'll proofread it in a little bit.

To be fair, that is because he's committed the series to memory.

Terez
10-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Hardly. (No offense to bossman.)

Davian93
10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Anybody have any thoughts on the material in this chapter? Doesnt really give us much meat for theories.

There is one or two tidbits but they arent super interesting.

EDIT: I Started a thread for discussions of the chapter without the spoiler tags (which are annoying and tough on those that use their smart phones).

Thanks again to the transcribers...your hard work is much appreciated by those of us that hate listening to audio..

da'caballien
10-24-2012, 02:20 PM
I let Reddit know about this transcript, just to let you guys know...

Terez
10-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm being lazy about proofreading it. Sorry about that. I can only handle so much...

Durvasha
10-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm being lazy about proofreading it. Sorry about that. I can only handle so much...

The document is no longer available. Google doc says that there was a copyright violation notification :(

Thanks Res. That summary is golden right now :)

ETA: and I just saw that Terez had put the info on top of the doc too.

TankSpill
10-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Anyone bother saving a copy of the transcription? I would love to read it...

Ieyasu
10-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone bother saving a copy of the transcription? I would love to read it...

ditto, and if someone did save a copy, please pm me for my email address.

Artur pendragon
10-24-2012, 06:18 PM
ditto, and if someone did save a copy, please pm me for my email address.

I have a copy saved on my computer:):cool: if anyone wants pm me their email and I will forward it out.

Sarevok
10-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Thanks again to the transcribers...your hard work is much appreciated by those of us that hate listening to audio..

Seconded. :)

Davian93
10-25-2012, 08:00 AM
So if I write down something I listen to, its a copyright infringement?

How stupid is that?

Zombie Sammael
10-25-2012, 08:19 AM

How stupid is that?

It's not stupid at all. It's how copyright works. You could make an argument that the transcript was a derivative work, but it wouldn't really hold water. Think about it: if you go to a movie and write down every line the characters say, that's clearly a copyright violation. This is no different.

(I'm not necessarily saying that in this case that is right or fair; after all, I worked on the transcript myself, but it is how it is)

1Powerslave
10-25-2012, 08:21 AM

How stupid is that?
So if I write down word for word something I've read, and then post it for the general public, it's copyright infringement? How stupid is that!?

yks 6nnetu hing
10-25-2012, 08:28 AM
So if I write down word for word something I've read, and then post it for the general public, it's copyright infringement? How stupid is that!?

+1

GonzoTheGreat
10-25-2012, 08:33 AM

How stupid is that?
Yeah, you should've used a speech recognition program. Saves a lot of work.

ShadowbaneX
10-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Or you could just go listen to it. I mean, I'm not great fan of audiobooks, but TOR is putting this up early for us to listen to. We're getting something out of the deal, why not give them what they want (ie page hits, etc).

Zombie Sammael
10-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Yeah, you should've used a speech recognition program. Saves a lot of work.

They're not what you'd call reliable. Hence why until a few weeks ago I still had a job.

GonzoTheGreat
10-25-2012, 08:53 AM
They're not what you'd called reliable.
Which, obviously, would help to weasel out of the "copyright infringement" accusations. :D

sleepinghour
10-25-2012, 09:23 AM
It is a clear case of copyright infringement; on the other hand, it was just an excerpt from the book that they had already given away for free. So I think Tor overreacted, but they were probably annoyed that most people were just reading the transcript instead of listening to the audio book they were promoting. They didn't give us that AMoL excerpt solely out of the goodness of their hearts; they're trying to sell more copies of the audio book and the transcript hampered their sales pitch.

Terez
10-25-2012, 09:30 AM
I think Kate Reading hampered their sales pitch. Just like she did for TGS, lol. But yeah, we always do a transcript, and we've been talking about doing this one for a while now, including on tor.com comments. If they were truly concerned about it, they could have said something beforehand and saved us the work.

Davian93
10-25-2012, 09:33 AM

If we had to pay for it, that would be a good point.

Since its free....not so much.

Like, had I posted the entire prologue for free on a website, that would be copyright infringement...but if they offer free audio, its a bit different in my mind.

ShadowbaneX
10-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Dav, nothing is free any more. Just because we're not shelling out cash, doesn't mean that we're not giving them something else which is of value to them: marketing data/number of people interested in the series.

That's what they get by hosting it like this. By having others go, transcribe it, and put it up elsewhere, well that skews the data they want to get, and so that's why they shut it down.

Aulis Vaara
10-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Not even thirty seconds and already I can't stand listening to it -.-'

Davian93
10-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Dav, nothing is free any more. Just because we're not shelling out cash, doesn't mean that we're not giving them something else which is of value to them: marketing data/number of people interested in the series.

That's what they get by hosting it like this. By having others go, transcribe it, and put it up elsewhere, well that skews the data they want to get, and so that's why they shut it down.

Oh, I get that. I'm just saying I personally would categorize it a bit differently. For example, I personally would never listen to the audio as I despise audio books. I'll read a transcript of it though.

1Powerslave
10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
If we had to pay for it, that would be a good point.

Since its free....not so much.

Like, had I posted the entire prologue for free on a website, that would be copyright infringement...but if they offer free audio, its a bit different in my mind.
On second thought I think you have a good point. It is free material. I saw no special license attached to the excerpt, and it isn't as if anyone is trying to make money on it. If they were interested in keeping it in the original form, perhaps they could have made a little restrictive license agreement for all to sign before downloading the mp3, and that would have solved it.

I didn't see how the transcript was formulated, but it is a kind of rereleasing of material and the original source should be cited I think, though I don't know what the law says here.

Casabamelon
10-25-2012, 10:06 AM
God, this is a terrible reading. It's totally dry.

I enjoyed the Harry Potter series equally while both reading the text and listening to the audio books. Though, I guess it's my fault for setting the bar at Jim Dale and Stephen Fry.

ShadowbaneX
10-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Believe me, I'm no fan of them either. Regardless of the media however, I want to know the content that they posted and so regardless of if it's audio or visual, I'm willing to give Tor what they want...and I think as die hard fans of this series as we are, we can put up with listening to it for a little while.

sleepinghour
10-25-2012, 10:15 AM
But yeah, we always do a transcript, and we've been talking about doing this one for a while now, including on tor.com comments. If they were truly concerned about it, they could have said something beforehand and saved us the work.

Someone asked Peter, and he seemed to think (http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76082-chapter-two-audio-availliable-on-tor/page__st__60#entry2629726) there might be some leftover issues from the prologue leak.

Davian93
10-25-2012, 10:19 AM
All audio books should be narrated by either Bill Shatner or Christopher Walken.

Then I would buy them/listen to them.

neurotopia
10-25-2012, 10:20 AM
All audio books should be narrated by either Bill Shatner or Christopher Walken.

Then I would buy them/listen to them.

I'd throw in Gary Busey as a third. Assuming he can read.

Terez
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Someone asked Peter, and he seemed to think (http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76082-chapter-two-audio-availliable-on-tor/page__st__60#entry2629726) there might be some leftover issues from the prologue leak.
Yeah, since I am banned from DM, Luckers emailed me that post. (At least, I'm assuming it's that post.)

Res_Ipsa
10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
The document is no longer available. Google doc says that there was a copyright violation notification :(

Thanks Res. That summary is golden right now :)

Sure, happy it helped ya.

Side note:

I am really annoyed by the donation get-your-name-in-the-book deal. All the names are just jarring and poorly implemented.

Brita
10-25-2012, 02:09 PM
I have never listened to an audio delivery of WoT, but I was forced to out of desperation for this Chapter. I found myself riddled with anxiety throughout the reading, constantly wondering "when will this end?" like it was torture. When one scene ended and it progressed to the next scene I honestly thought "Ugh, I hope this scene isn't long."

Needless to say, I prefer reading the books about a quadrillion times better than listening to them on audio. Don't ever make me do that again, universe. Ever.

Davian93
10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Sure, happy it helped ya.

Side note:

I am really annoyed by the donation get-your-name-in-the-book deal. All the names are just jarring and poorly implemented.

I think someone is just a bit jealous that there wont be an appearance of the ever important Asha'man Res Al'Ipsa...a little known farmer from the Two Rivers.

ShadowbaneX
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Needless to say, I prefer reading the books about a quadrillion times better than listening to them on audio. Don't ever make me do that again, universe. Ever.

You're not the only one that had to suffer through it Brita, but thing about it this way: there's no hockey. What's worse, listening to a chapter via audiobook or a Winter without Hockey.

Brita
10-25-2012, 03:27 PM
You're not the only one that had to suffer through it Brita, but thing about it this way: there's no hockey. What's worse, listening to a chapter via audiobook or a Winter without Hockey.

University Hockey will be our mainstay. Screw the NHL- there is amazing hockey out there minus the greed factor.

So I would say the audiobook is worse, unless you took away ALL hockey, then it would be a close call.

Zombie Sammael
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't mind
listening
to books on audio
but not
when they are read
like this.

It might as well
have been read by
William Shatner.

1Powerslave
10-25-2012, 04:35 PM
I actually think the reading was good. :) She sounds an Aes Sedai, old and stuff. It's nice that they have a male and female reader for wot for male/female POVs.

Durvasha
10-25-2012, 04:47 PM
I bailed out after a minute. I think I will wait for the book, and hope that the comments in the spoiler-ed threads are overreactions.

Davian93
10-25-2012, 06:33 PM
University Hockey will be our mainstay. Screw the NHL- there is amazing hockey out there minus the greed factor.

So I would say the audiobook is worse, unless you took away ALL hockey, then it would be a close call.

UVM games are fantastic...and they play in a division with some of the best NCAA teams in the country thankfully. That's university of Vermont that is...They play U Maine, Boston University, UMass, etc.

And their fieldhouse is awesome.

Terez
10-25-2012, 06:56 PM
I let Reddit know about this transcript, just to let you guys know...
For the record, this probably had something to do with the copyright notification. My mom said she saw 2100 viewers on the transcript at one point. Usually when we do this, only the HCFFs notice (a few hundred people total).

Res_Ipsa
10-25-2012, 06:58 PM
I think someone is just a bit jealous that there wont be an appearance of the ever important Asha'man Res Al'Ipsa...a little known farmer from the Two Rivers.

It does have a certain ring to it, I could spend some time w/ the borderlanders and have them think I am royalty. But alas, I did not have the foresight to spend some money for the privilege (how much was it? $20). Even still, I can't be the only one who is a tad worried that the long chapter is going to be 45% new names.

Davian93
10-25-2012, 06:59 PM
It does have a certain ring to it, I could spend some time w/ the borderlanders and have them think I am royalty. But alas, I did not have the foresight to spend some money for the privilege (how much was it? $20). Even still, I can't be the only one who is a tad worried that the long chapter is going to be 45% new names.

I cant stand the name contest thing. I think its probably the dumbest thing they've ever done. I dont care what its for.

Terez
10-25-2012, 07:45 PM
I cant stand the name contest thing. I think its probably the dumbest thing they've ever done. I dont care what its for.
Agreed. I defended it when they first announced it because RJ had done something similar. I had no idea how far he was going to go with it, or how little effort would be made to WoTify the names and avoid the impression of name-dropping.

Tedman
10-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Agreed. I defended it when they first announced it because RJ had done something similar. I had no idea how far he was going to go with it, or how little effort would be made to WoTify the names and avoid the impression of name-dropping.

Teddicus the mannicus of clan solo not cutting it for you?

Zombie Sammael
10-26-2012, 05:48 AM
I still maintain that Kert Wagoner was the worst one.

His name is Kert Wagoner, but in Valan Luca's circus he was known as the amazing Cor'dore...

maacaroni
10-26-2012, 06:02 AM
Out of interest, you were banned from DM, pray tell what for, Terez?

Regarding, audiobooks. I say again, they are just different and I quite like them. But I suppose I was raised listening to radio plays on BBC Radio4. I heard Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy on Radio before I ever saw the TV Show.

Regarding the double-bond, herein lies the flaw in their logic of bonding Asha'man. I thought it would just be the lack of compulsion that limited Aes Sedai but no, it seems a reciprocal bond is why they won't do it.

sleepinghour
10-26-2012, 06:25 AM
"...about five minutes' walk eastward from where the ancient statues of Eleyan al'Landerin and her Warders stand."

Still the worst. You could tell it was a reference to one of those "Mary al'Sue Sedai of the Green Ajah" roleplayers at TarValon.net.

Davian93
10-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Still the worst. You could tell it was a reference to one of those "Mary al'Sue Sedai of the Green Ajah" roleplayers at TarValon.net.

They're all terrible.

Zombie Sammael
10-26-2012, 03:40 PM

I would argue mine is worse. X-Men references have no place in the Wheel of Time. It's worse than if Hoid turned up.

CorDarei
10-26-2012, 04:04 PM
I have a copy saved on my computer:):cool: if anyone wants pm me their email and I will forward it out.

<request for transcript>

Thanks for sending it!

Ieyasu
10-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I would argue mine is worse. X-Men references have no place in the Wheel of Time. It's worse than if Hoid turned up.

You know, I was hoping he would not do this, but after reading the garbage put out in advance... all bets are off. I am pretty sure Hoid Sedai is going to save the day and kickstart the 2nd dawn with a WoT sword-form on his shardblade...

jana
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM

The hoid trembled, but he held on with the last of his strength, and drove the heron-mark blade into Ba’alzamon’s heart.

Zombie Sammael
10-26-2012, 04:37 PM
You know, I was hoping he would not do this, but after reading the garbage put out in advance... all bets are off. I am pretty sure Hoid Sedai is going to save the day and kickstart the 2nd dawn with a WoT sword-form on his shardblade...

He has stated he will not do this.

Ieyasu
10-26-2012, 05:21 PM
He has stated he will not do this.

He also says he doesnt listen to any WoT criticism and all kinds of things... I do not particularly care what he is saying. I care about what he is publishing. I have read better fanfic than this... I hold very little faith in him currently.

He is already fucking up... adding in Hoid smashing Shadar Haran with the willow undercuts the bank on his heron-marked shardblade wouldn't surprise me or fuck it up worse than he appears to be doing so far...

TLHansum
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Zombie Sammael, can you please email me the backup transcript to TLHansum@hotmail.com? Thank you. Much hate for audiobook >.<

Peter Ahlstrom
10-27-2012, 06:05 PM
I still maintain that Kert Wagoner was the worst one.

His name is Kert Wagoner, but in Valan Luca's circus he was known as the amazing Cor'dore...

The fan's actual name is Kurt Wagoner (unless we got trolled), and we all agreed Wagoner sounded like a Two Rivers name (perhaps more Taren Ferry).

Not everyone is an X-Men fan. Brandon didn't read it when he was growing up. (And neither did I.) He read Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I've watched the movies one time each, but I didn't see the name as an X-Men reference.

Southpaw2012
10-27-2012, 06:29 PM
He also says he doesnt listen to any WoT criticism and all kinds of things... I do not particularly care what he is saying. I care about what he is publishing. I have read better fanfic than this... I hold very little faith in him currently.

He is already fucking up... adding in Hoid smashing Shadar Haran with the willow undercuts the bank on his heron-marked shardblade wouldn't surprise me or fuck it up worse than he appears to be doing so far...

Or Kaladin takes a wrong turn at the Shattered Plains and ends up at Shayol Ghul....

Heiko
10-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Okay, I think we all agree that the chapter was flawed, but let's focus on the positive - what did you like about it? Aviendha's response to Elayne after being discovered was amusing. Out of character and poorly executed, yes, but endearing nonetheless.

Terez
10-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Just for the record, their site description insists they're not a role-playing site.

dpoverlord
11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
It's finished (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mXNt8E7SD6U5hQMGzYX8Y7v-OCkK0DmG0LwjttblgCg/edit). I've left the link to download the audio in at the top, and until Terez gets back it will remain editable (though I have created a back-up copy in case any vandals turn up between now and then). Enjoy!

Do you still have the transcript?

Tsofu
11-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Send me an email addy

Tsofu

Homercleese
12-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Request for transcript!

Cripes, I really should be studying for my christmas exams instead of this.

Hmmm, can't seem to PM you Artur pendragon, and apparently don't have access to my control panel to enter any contact details. Oh well, I guess unless you know how to get around this it's studying for me.

newyorkersedai
12-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Request for transcript!

Cripes, I really should be studying for my christmas exams instead of this.

That's messed up, dude - I went to Catholic schools for 14 years and we never got tested about Christmas once

GonzoTheGreat
12-09-2012, 09:29 AM
I don't think Roman Catholicism has anything to do with Christmas (which is a purely capitalist invention, after all), so that makes sense.

Homercleese
12-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Christmas examS, plural. There's one for Catholic studies, Pagan origins, Roman appropriation, commercialisation and the origin of 'red' Santa and the social foces at work that comvince parents it fine to sit their children on the knees of strange old men.

FakePlasticRyan
12-31-2012, 05:22 PM

For some reason it won't let me send you a PM. Would you mind sending a copy of the transcript to fakeplastictrees1987@gmail.com ??

Thanks!

corsair992
01-04-2013, 07:42 AM

Please email it to me at corsair992@hotmail.com