PDA

View Full Version : Hello

El Min Dreada
11-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi! I'll be honest; I hate introducing myself. It feels awkward, almost like selling oneself.

I am not a new-comer to the series. I started it quite a while ago in the early 90's when I was in Jr. High. I decided to re-read all the books in preparation to AMoL's release. I decided to look into other theories of Demandred - of which I was in favor of Taimandred - and found Theoryland, which then debunked my line of thinking.

I am in my early 30's and a graduate student. I'm currently in two grad programs and have a lot of researching, reading and writing to do. I spend most of my free time researching, reading, and writing (just on non-school topics).

Tsofu
11-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Welcome to Theoryland, El Min Dreada!

I'm sure you're aware of the prologue, first and 2nd chapters of aMoL being released? Well, that's not ALL we squabble about but it'll do for starters. Someone will be along in a while to give you the 411 on all the ins and outs.

May peace favor your sword

Tsofu

Terez
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I decided to look into other theories of Demandred - of which I was in favor of Taimandred - and found Theoryland, which then debunked my line of thinking.
It's funny how many people come to Theoryland for precisely this reason. (Including myself.) Anyway, welcome aboard. :)

Sarevok
11-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Welcome to TL, Min! :)

Anaiya Sedai
11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
yup, it was Taimandred for me, too, I seem to recall.

Ins and outs AND oath rods.. :eek:

Nazbaque
11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
For me it was Asmodean

Welcome Min!!

You may call me Naz!!

Serve me well and I shall....

*ahem*

Excuse me. What I meant to say was that I'll be on fire momentarily and thus start the roasting of your welcome feast.

Khoram
11-04-2012, 05:48 PM
For me it was Asmodean

Welcome Min!!

You may call me Naz!!

Serve me well and I shall....

*ahem*

Excuse me. What I meant to say was that I'll be on fire momentarily and thus start the roasting of your welcome feast.

*sets Naz on fire and roasts marshmallows*

Welcome Min! Hopefully we haven't debunked everything you may think of. :p

Zae should be around shortly. :)

Figbiscuit
11-06-2012, 08:20 AM
*sets Naz on fire and roasts marshmallows*

Welcome Min! Hopefully we haven't debunked everything you may think of. :p

Zae should be around shortly. :)

*taps Khor on the shoulder and looks meaningfully at freshly roasted marshmallows*

Welcome Min :)

Khoram
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
*taps Khor on the shoulder and looks meaningfully at freshly roasted marshmallows*

Welcome Min :)

*hands Fig marshmallows*

*decides to make s'mores with remaining marshmallows*

Figbiscuit
11-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Thank you :)

You may do as you wish with the remaining ones, as long as you also remember to share :)