PDA

View Full Version : An End and a Beginning - An Introduction of the New Mods

Tamyrlin
11-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Hello Theorylanders,

Today marks a milestone of sorts. I'd like to introduce you to the five Theoryland members that have been Chosen, along with Nae'blis, to take over full-time Mod duties on the Theoryland forums. These five have been working in this capacity for the last few months, and it's about time we formally introduce them:

WinespringBrother
Ivhon
YKS
Marie Curie
Ishara

Among their responsibilities, their primary focus is to watch over WoT discussion, while Nae'blis will continue to moderate the Non WoT forum. The exact details of some Mod related duties and responsibilities continue to be discussed, so please be patient over the coming months as this new Mod organization evolves.

Finally, thank you for coming and staying and leaving and returning to Theoryland; it has been a wild ride. Iíve enjoyed meeting many of you in person and I hope to meet even more of you -> JordanCon next year to celebrate 15 years of Theoryland would be a good place...seriously!

Tamyrlin
Benevolent Grateful Hard Working Lazy Ass Lord of Theoryland

P.S. - As far as Raisings go, elder members of the site will continue to make recommendations to me and I will continue be lazy.

GonzoTheGreat
11-09-2012, 11:34 AM
The exact details of some Mod related duties and responsibilities continue to be discussed, so please be patient over the coming months as this new Mod organization evolves.
Does that mean there's no Intelligent Design here?

Zombie Sammael
11-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I, for one, welcome our new overlords. I assume there will eventually be thirteen of them, each once a poster of the greatest strength, now sworn to rule in darkness and evil for the promise of eternal life.

yks 6nnetu hing
11-09-2012, 03:24 PM
will try to make you proud, Lordy :)

Tomp
11-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Maybe a new list of titles should replace the HotH, Elders and so on.

How about
Shai'tan
Nae'blis and Shadar Haran
Chosen
Dreadlords
Shadowspawn
Friends of the Dark

Ahh
Maybe won't work

greatwolf
11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Yay to the new guys. Hope this means a better, livelier board.

bowlwoman
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Congrats!

Tomp
11-09-2012, 05:00 PM
BTW, was there an election or are we controlled by a dictatorship. ;)

Oh, and congrats guys.

123seem
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
this was never a democracy

Sukoto
11-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Does this mean that the above mentioned five are the only mods at the moment? There are people I have tried to place on my ignore list, but I couldn't because they were "mods."

Khoram
11-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Congrats guys! May your ruling over us be just and heavy handed.

ShadowbaneX
11-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Congrats and condolences to the Five. Better you than me. =D

Ivhon
11-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Does this mean that the above mentioned five are the only mods at the moment? There are people I have tried to place on my ignore list, but I couldn't because they were "mods."

Previously, all Heros and Ancients were de facto mods as well - there were like 50. That list will get cleaned down to just the appropriate moderators per forum if it hasn't already and you will be able to ignore away at a much more efficient rate. Assuming none of the new mods tick you off.

Sarevok
11-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Hmmm... though I'd posted here days ago, but something must have come up. :(

Anyway, congrats to the mods. :)

I presume Zaela is still mod of the Newbie forum?

Figbiscuit
11-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Congratulations one and all.

I keep reading Mod as Mob. Expecting threatening messges to pay my 'subs' imminently.

Sukoto
11-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Previously, all Heros and Ancients were de facto mods as well - there were like 50. That list will get cleaned down to just the appropriate moderators per forum if it hasn't already and you will be able to ignore away at a much more efficient rate. Assuming none of the new mods tick you off.
Thanks. It looks like all of the new mods are very reasonable, pleasant people. Problem solved.

GonzoTheGreat
11-20-2012, 03:35 AM
It looks like all of the new mods are very reasonable, pleasant people.
That's more of that sarcasm stuff, right?
I think I'm getting the hang of this.