PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Hagi
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Hello. I am Hagi from Turkey. I've been reading WOT for 6 years now. I'm a mechanical engineer. My father is a historian. So i grew up listening legends, war stories of heroes. Naturally, I've become a fantasy novels addict. Besides reading, i'm in love with football/soccer.
My fav. character is Mat. I mean RJ era Mat. He's a bit awkward now. But i'm thankfull Brandon for his work. I hate Gawyn so much that i can't describe my feelings in English. Thank God he's a minor character.

So that's me folks. Selam and peace.

Taim is Demandred ;_;

Terez
11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Ooh, a Turk! Welcome to Theoryland. Mat-love and Gawyn-hate are pretty safe opinions to express in one's first post.

GonzoTheGreat
11-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Selam and peace.[/SIZE]
What's the difference (apart from the language used, obviously)?

Hagi
11-10-2012, 09:10 AM
What's the difference (apart from the language used, obviously)?

Selam : Hello, hi, salut

The word "selam" is of arabic origin and short form of "esselamınaleyküm rahmetullah ve berekatü". which means "may god's mercy and blessing be upon you".

Ooh, a Turk! Welcome to Theoryland. Mat-love and Gawyn-hate are pretty safe opinions to express in one's first post.

Thank you :)

GonzoTheGreat
11-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Selam : Hello, hi, salut

The word "selam" is of arabic origin and short form of "esselamınaleyküm rahmetullah ve berekatü". which means "may god's mercy and blessing be upon you".
Ah, I'd thought that it was a variation on shalom/salam, which do mean "peace". I should have remembered that language never ever makes sense, no matter what language it is.

Sarevok
11-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome to TL, Hagi! :)

Nazbaque
11-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Language does make sense Gonzo, humans don't.

Welcome Hagi!!

You may call me "Naz", though I will accept "your flaming greatness" if you insist!!

In a moment I shall be on fire and thus begins the roasting of your welcome feast!!

Figbiscuit
11-12-2012, 08:15 AM
*sets Naz on fire*

Welcome Hagi :)

yks 6nnetu hing
11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Welcome!

Cool, we've FINALLY someone from the Middle-East that can explain about stuff going on there. We tend to have some political threads active at any time on the Non board, sometimes about World events (don't mind the opinions. everyone's got one and some here are really vocal about expressing theirs.)

another Mat-fan, huh... *sigh* fine.

Khoram
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Welcome!

Cool, we've FINALLY someone from the Middle-East that can explain about stuff going on there. We tend to have some political threads active at any time on the Non board, sometimes about World events (don't mind the opinions. everyone's got one and some here are really vocal about expressing theirs.)

I do believe you're in the minority, yks. :p

Welcome to our little corner of the 'net, Hagi!

WinespringBrother
11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Welcome!

Gawyn hating? Get in line :P (though I don't get that annoyed by him actually, my ire is reserved for Elaida and her ilk)

GonzoTheGreat
11-14-2012, 04:07 AM
... my ire is reserved for Elaida and her ilk
Why not lump in Gawyn with that lot? :confused:
He was one of her main supporters right from the start.

Nazbaque
11-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Gawyn is almost as willfully stupid as Egwene (ToM being the deciding point) I'm torn between feeling extremely sorry for their child and shuddering at the thought of all that willful stupidity concentrated to one person.

Hmmm... maybe there will be a somewhat likeable little boy caught between the idiocy of his parents and younger siblings until the day he cries tears of joy when uncle Rand comes to take him away for his training in channeling while his aunts roll their eyes behind his parents backs.

*Roasts marshmallows and nuts*

GonzoTheGreat
11-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Perhaps Gaidal Cain is going to be Egwene and Gawyn's child?
For all we know, Egwene might've managed to get herself pregnant with the TAR games already, so the timing could be right.

Nazbaque
11-14-2012, 07:39 AM
And then "aunt" Birgitte goes cougar on him? Decent smutfic potential I suppose.

Tsofu
11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Geez you guys, it's Hagi's howdy Theoryland thread, where we say, "HOWDY,Hagi, welcome to Theoryland! Hope you like us, and please, say something intelligent, cuz it would stand out around here." ~snicker~

Tsofu

Nazbaque
11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Ah it has been years since a noob thread was properly hijacked and run to the ground!

Some of our more recent members don't even know we used to have this fine tradition!

Oh where are the many cookies?!

Where is the suspiciously minty tee?!

Where is the kaf that might or might not have crimsonthorn mixed in?!

Look! Even the Entropy Sideline Club Couch is covered in dust!

Khoram
11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Ah it has been years since a noob thread was properly hijacked and run to the ground!

Some of our more recent members don't even know we used to have this fine tradition!

Oh where are the many cookies?!

Where is the suspiciously minty tee?!

Where is the kaf that might or might not have crimsonthorn mixed in?!

Look! Even the Entropy Sideline Club Couch is covered in dust!

*dusts off ESC Couch*

*sits down on ESC Couch*

Happy, Naz? :p We need a good derailing. It helps the noobs become accustomed to the crazy that is Theoryland. :D

WinespringBrother
11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Why not lump in Gawyn with that lot? :confused:
He was one of her main supporters right from the start.

I wouldn't call Gawyn a supporter of Elaida's at all. As far as he knew, he was simply helping prevent an unlawful coup (granted, the coup attempt he blocked was opposing an unlawful coup but he didn't know that).

Witness the fact that he helped Siuan and Leane escape, for example.

Terez
11-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Geez you guys, it's Hagi's howdy Theoryland thread, where we say, "HOWDY,Hagi, welcome to Theoryland! Hope you like us, and please, say something intelligent, cuz it would stand out around here." ~snicker~
It's sort of a tradition. That way you have to put forth an effort to keep your noob thread relevant to you.

Zombie Sammael
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
It's sort of a tradition. That way you have to put forth an effort to keep your noob thread relevant to you.

Also, threadjacking is a fine old Theoryland tradition in itself, and one I will defend to the death. "Where the thread goes, nobody knows."

Sarevok
11-15-2012, 02:29 AM

Tsofu

Yeah, like other remarked: Newbie thread highjacking used to be a sport over here. You should go to the old Yuku boards and have a look at some of the newbie boards there.
The old rule used to be that a thread would be locked when it hit 100 posts. So we'd always try to get as far as possible before Zae caught it. :D

*hands out marshmallows*

*gets fire extinguisher ready just in case*

GonzoTheGreat
11-15-2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah, like other remarked: Newbie thread highjacking used to be a sport over here. You should go to the old Yuku boards and have a look at some of the newbie boards there.
The old rule used to be that a thread would be locked when it hit 100 posts. So we'd always try to get as far as possible before Zae caught it. :D
I think that the record was somewhere in the four hundreds, but I'm not sure anymore.

I wouldn't call Gawyn a supporter of Elaida's at all. As far as he knew, he was simply helping prevent an unlawful coup (granted, the coup attempt he blocked was opposing an unlawful coup but he didn't know that).

Witness the fact that he helped Siuan and Leane escape, for example.
Well, actually, he helped Min, a friend of his sister and the love of his life, escape. Siuan, Leane, Logain and Bela were just collateral damage of that.

Zombie Sammael
11-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Well, actually, he helped Min, a friend of his sister and the love of his life, escape. Siuan, Leane, Logain and Bela were just collateral damage of that.

(emphasis mine)

So you're saying Gawyn was responsible for freeing the Dark One? :eek:

Sarevok
11-15-2012, 05:36 AM
I went to check:
http://theoryland.yuku.com/forums/6/sort/replies/direction/DESC#.UKTHA2dBd8c
Birgitte seems to be the record holder at 215. 2nd is Brita 156, 3rd is me at 155.

Figbiscuit
11-15-2012, 05:50 AM

*hands out marshmallows*

*gets fire extinguisher ready just in case*

Mine went over 100 posts *sighs happily*

I think it may have contained an argument too. Now that's what you call a noob thread.

Nazbaque
11-15-2012, 07:28 AM
I had to resurect mine about three times because I kept weirding out people and it died. Can you believe it? Me weirding out people!

Khoram
11-15-2012, 09:45 AM
I had to resurect mine about three times because I kept weirding out people and it died. Can you believe it? Me weirding out people!

Who woulda thunk? :rolleyes:

Tsofu
11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Mine went over 100 posts *sighs happily*

I think it may have contained an argument too. Now that's what you call a noob thread.

The lot of you sound like a buncha geezers in their rocking chairs in 'the home' "Why in MY day, we knew how to hijack a thread! Hehehe."

Makes me feel kinda left out that my intro only got 9 responses. :(:( Oh but ya'll did get your knickers in a twist about the colors I used, so I guess that's something. It cracks me up that nearly everyone who pitched a fit about my lime and now my tan font color, yourselves use different colors in your -sometimes disturbingly long- signatures. That's somehow different? :):):) yeah, sure.

Tsofu

GonzoTheGreat
11-15-2012, 10:23 AM
It cracks me up that nearly everyone who pitched a fit about my lime and now my tan font color, yourselves use different colors in your -sometimes disturbingly long- signatures.
Where do I fit into that?
I haven't thrown all that much of a fit over your color use, and I don't use a signature either.
I feel left out! :mad:

Hagi
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I was out of the town. I had to take care of some bureaucratic procedures. **** was exhausting -_-

Welcome!

Middle East is a mess, my friend. Everything is corrupt here. Media, politicians, army officers... I'm afraid good days are far far away from ME.

Tsofu
11-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Where do I fit into that?
I haven't thrown all that much of a fit over your color use, and I don't use a signature either.
I feel left out! :mad:

Never left out, Gonzo! Never! Why don't you use a signature? :confused::confused:
I went back and looked at my original electric blue font and it was pretty um, shocking.:cool::cool: Kinda liked the lime green though.:D:D
Hagi, where the heck are ya (if it's not impolite to ask) in the Middle East. I mean that's sort of like saying, I'm in Europe. I'm not in Europe, understand, I'm just using it as an example and um...

So anyway, commence with your denigration of Dom's staggeringly long and *cough* boring*cough* posts and the general lack of spell check in most posts and Terez's wicked incisive conclusions and all of those silly threads yammering about Taimandred/Moridin/Cyndane being the trinity, blah blah blah.

Tsofu

Hagi
11-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Never left out, Gonzo! Never! Why don't you use a signature? :confused::confused:
I went back and looked at my original electric blue font and it was pretty um, shocking.:cool::cool: Kinda liked the lime green though.:D:D
Hagi, where the heck are ya (if it's not impolite to ask) in the Middle East. I mean that's sort of like saying, I'm in Europe. I'm not in Europe, understand, I'm just using it as an example and um...

So anyway, commence with your denigration of Dom's staggeringly long and *cough* boring*cough* posts and the general lack of spell check in most posts and Terez's wicked incisive conclusions and all of those silly threads yammering about Taimandred/Moridin/Cyndane being the trinity, blah blah blah.

Tsofu

I'm from Denizli, an inner Aegean city from Western part of Turkey. A small city with great Hellenic relics. A peaceful place. Btw i'm reading TH for years now. Taimandred theory brought me here 3 years ago ;)

yks 6nnetu hing
11-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I was out of the town. I had to take care of some bureaucratic procedures. **** was exhausting -_-

Middle East is a mess, my friend. Everything is corrupt here. Media, politicians, army officers... I'm afraid good days are far far away from ME.

Sounds like Italy, except more secular. Also, sounds not as bad as Russia.

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-16-2012, 09:53 AM
It cracks me up that nearly everyone who pitched a fit about my lime and now my tan font color, yourselves use different colors in your -sometimes disturbingly long- signatures. That's somehow different? :):):) yeah, sure.

Tsofu

Sigs are not required reading while perusing discussions on interesting topics.

The lime green was disturbing to the point I would skip your posts at times. Which, I assume, was not your aim when joining our little posting forum, eh? :rolleyes:

GonzoTheGreat
11-16-2012, 10:12 AM
The lime green was disturbing to the point I would skip your posts at times. Which, I assume, was not your aim when joining our little posting forum, eh? :rolleyes:
I dunno. He may have joined purely in the hopes of being ignored by you. Until he joined, you weren't consciously ignoring him, were you?