PDA

View Full Version : AMOL Book Tour

WinespringBrother
11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/1127/A-MEMORY-OF-LIGHT-Release-Events?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BrandonSandersonBlog+%28Brand on+Sanderson+Blog%29

Great Lord of the Dark
11-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Would I be tempted to drive 2-6 hours and buy a second copy just to get it signed a few weeks after it comes out?

I'm afraid I know the answer.

WinespringBrother
11-27-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/amol/book-tour-information-for-a-memory-of-light-r478

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Of course, no Michigan stops.

Disappointed, again.

Davian93
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Of course, no Michigan stops.

Disappointed, again.

Theres a NH one about 2.5 hrs from my house...which is tempting.

Terez
11-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I will try to do Birmingham. Won't sign up for helper because I'm not sure I can make it and I've had enough close-up time with Brandon that I don't feel the need to hog it.

Tedman
11-28-2012, 12:52 AM
I mean there are no NYC stops yet. No way this is even close to the full list, unless im crazy?

WinespringBrother
11-28-2012, 12:55 AM
I mean there are no NYC stops yet. No way this is even close to the full list, unless im crazy?

I would think that they would add a NYC stop, though Brandon has been here 6 times for signings in *the last * 4 years and maybe had enough lol. But there was a note saying that more stops may be added.

ETA: slight correction to time frame

Tedman
11-28-2012, 03:26 AM
I would think that they would add a NYC stop, though Brandon has been here 6 times for signings in 4 years and maybe had enough lol. But there was a note saying that more stops may be added.

I guess so, except that Tor HQ is here and largest city in merika and all that.

His publicist lady told me when you and i were there in brooklyn that they already had the Union Sq BN booked for this book.

Tedman
11-29-2012, 02:36 PM
I guess that girl was trolling me about booking the Union Sq B&N.

WinespringBrother
11-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I guess that girl was trolling me about booking the Union Sq B&N.

Well, it's not like there will be any theory based q&a's on this tour which is one of the main reasons I go to WOT signings lol. I can wait to get my books signed (though the quantity of them that are as yet unsigned is increasing rapidly!).

Tedman
11-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, it's not like there will be any theory based q&a's on this tour which is one of the main reasons I go to WOT signings lol. I can wait to get my books signed (though the quantity of them that are as yet unsigned is increasing rapidly!).

I guess that is true, but when aDWD came out GRRM answered questions for like 40 minutes with over 2000 people in line at that NYC BN.

Might have to carpool to Philly!

WinespringBrother
11-30-2012, 04:55 PM
I guess that is true, but when aDWD came out GRRM answered questions for like 40 minutes with over 2000 people in line at that NYC BN.

Might have to carpool to Philly!

I tweeted the Tor Senior Publicist and she said that something special is planned for NY!! :D

Tedman
12-02-2012, 04:38 AM
I tweeted the Tor Senior Publicist and she said that something special is planned for NY!! :D

Snap crackle pop!

GonzoTheGreat
12-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Totally ignoring New York would be fairly special, wouldn't it?

Tedman
12-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Totally ignoring New York would be fairly special, wouldn't it?

So many ways to read this, special indeed!

It is probably a ridiculous thing to say, but I don't remember any (insert) tour not coming to NYC (or the meadowlands etc if its a music tour ).

DeiwosTheSkyGod
12-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I think I'm gonna go to the New Hampshire one. I've never been to any WoT events and this is probably my last chance...

Tedman
12-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I think I'm gonna go to the New Hampshire one. I've never been to any WoT events and this is probably my last chance...

Perhaps. Who knows, maybe the encyclopedia tour will be the grandest of them all.

No one has asked me, but I hope this book is black for the cover. Then, there is balance in the forc... i mean pattern.

WinespringBrother
12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/12/announcing-the-party-reborn-a-midnight-a-memory-of-light-nyc-release-event

WOOOOOT!! :D

Tedman
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/12/announcing-the-party-reborn-a-midnight-a-memory-of-light-nyc-release-event

WOOOOOT!! :D

Well I reserved my book. I'm still a little bummed out that there wont be a BS stop in NYC, but I guess this is what is in the pattern now.

Frenzy
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
2/9 in SF. Dragon Thief, 4Alethinos, Camel, JWB & i are going. Any other Left Coast TL'ers want to go?

Tedman
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I asked Brandon why there was no NYC stop at any point on the tour, even a later one assuming the original early one was nixed due to BABY!, and he wrote back (or peter did):

The potential arrival of the baby did indeed throw a wrench into things. The NYC signing, which was very close to the due date, was a casualty. We tried to re-schedule, but the bookstores didn't want us if it wasn't close to opening week.

This is a habitual problem with NYC. There are so many authors coming into town that they have their pick of the lot, and if a brand new book isn't out, the stores figure everyone will bring in already-bought copies and not buy anything at the store. So they turn down signings that don't meet their criteria.

Don't worry, though. We decided to send me to NYC for BEA (in May) and I'll be sure to do a signing then. It might not be on Manhattan for the reasons mentioned above, but someone in Queens is likely to say yes, and we'll probably do it there.