PDA

View Full Version : please..

Anaiya Sedai
09-06-2008, 05:06 PM
.. someone entertain me..
I am bored out of my mind.
haven't slept in 3 days, and not feeling like I can sleep any time soon.
and nothing to do, thanks to my deteriorating internet connection that won't allow me to play guild wars. :(

I am also on a tighter budget for the next 2 weeks (and there's really not much to do in Bath anyway, apart from going to the cinema).

And tomorrow is sunday....

ShadowbaneX
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
well, you could try solitare or hearts. If you've got windows they're on your system start -> programs -> games.

You could start a reread of WoT.

Since you're in Bath you could go visit the Roman Baths (my parents liked it when they visted there).

What's the reason for the insomnia?

irerancincpkc
09-06-2008, 05:23 PM
When I am bored I go jogging...

Terez
09-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I should have realized you were really bored when you said you were reading 15's theory.

I can't come up with anything that doesn't require a decent internet speed...

Anaiya Sedai
09-06-2008, 05:34 PM
thanks SBX, but I LIVE in Bath, which means regular concerts in the roman baths.. I've exhausted my head for freecell, don't have enough concentration left for reading, and all I feel like doing is sleep, but I can't.
I guess I could try a drink and a couple of sleepingpills, but I doubt it's gonna do me much good.

and no, no idea where the insomnia comes from, been getting it quite a lot lately though.

ShadowbaneX
09-06-2008, 05:47 PM
you could try a new game like solitare or spider.

Other then that, yeah, either internet connection or money is required for entertainment. :-\

Ivhon
09-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Take up juggling?

Set up a frisbee golf course, or if you don't have a frisbee, shoe golf.

Uhhh...

I got nothin

John Snow
09-06-2008, 07:17 PM
the most important thing with insomnia is to not worry about it. Go with whatever's happening and it'll pass, but fret over it and you'll be more uncomfortable. As for the boredom, dunno - try doing something really boring that you'd normally avoid. I recommend Korean TV soap operas, myself.

tworiverswoman
09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I guess I could try a drink and a couple of sleeping pills, but I doubt it's gonna do me much good.Don't.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-06-2008, 08:29 PM
I guess I could try a drink and a couple of sleepingpills

RIP Heath Ledger

Sinistrum
09-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Spammer is on to something. I usually try exercising if I'm having problems sleeping. Also, if you can get ahold of them, there are several all natural sleep aids with melatonin in them that I would try before OTC sleepaids.

Ozymandias
09-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Spammer is on to something. I usually try exercising if I'm having problems sleeping. Also, if you can get ahold of them, there are several all natural sleep aids with melatonin in them that I would try before OTC sleepaids.

Yep. Go to the gym, or run for an hour... you'll sleep better at the nd of the day.

Birgitte
09-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Maybe I'm a horrible person, but I was just gonna say.... Tomorrow's Sunday? Go to church. I have no problems sleeping there.

ShadowbaneX
09-07-2008, 12:30 AM
A-MEN sistah!

Anaiya Sedai
09-07-2008, 03:37 AM
I'll try the gym today.
I even went for a 2 hour walk in the pouring rain last night, in my winter coat, wellies and under my umbrella, and it didn't help.
on top of that, I am now having palpitations with my heart beat at around 180, feeling sick and light-headed, even after laying on the floor for half an hour, with my feet up :S

Mort
09-07-2008, 03:44 AM
I'll try the gym today.
I even went for a 2 hour walk in the pouring rain last night, in my winter coat, wellies and under my umbrella, and it didn't help.
on top of that, I am now having palpitations with my heart beat at around 180, feeling sick and light-headed, even after laying on the floor for half an hour, with my feet up :S

Under my umbrella Ella ella, eh eh eh... :D

But seriously, you should look that up with a doctor.

Anaiya Sedai
09-07-2008, 03:55 AM
I will do, but hospital queues on a sunday for non-emergancy cases (and I will not be classed as one until I actually pass out) are from about 3 hours upwards.

Isabel
09-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Hehe, perhaps the qeue will make you fall asleep? :p

Anaiya Sedai
09-07-2008, 04:57 AM
I guess it would give me something to do... but i'm feeling slightly better now.

irerancincpkc
09-07-2008, 06:18 AM
It's good that you are feeling better; if I really can't get asleep after jogging, I wet a washcloth with warm water, lay down on my bed, put the cloth over my eyes and put on some relaxing music.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-07-2008, 04:32 PM
What is this not being able to sleep thing?.... Anaiya, I have three dogs that need to be exhausted so they stop driving me nuts (my sister's dog is a bonus 4th). Hop the pond and come give them all run.

Hey, it's one way I end up sleeping the minute my head hits the pillow. Every. Single. Night.

Matoyak
09-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Three suggestions:

1) Put all your CDs/MP3s in infinite shuffle while watching old movies and see if any of them sync up in any significant way. ( Family Guy :eek: :p)

2) Buy a rubik's cube and try to solve it. (and then mail it to me so I could solve it for you :p)

3) Bloons Tower Defense 2 (doesn't require all that much of an internet connection...no more than TL Chat does, really...if my friend's DIAL-UP can handle it, any somewhat high-speed can definitely. Bloons Tower Defense 2 (http://www.englishbanana.com/play-bloons-tower-defence-2.html) Try to get all three medals! (Beat easy, then medium, then hard.)

Lots and Lots of games that while they require an internet connection they do not require much of one (http://www.englishbanana.com/games-a-z.html) I suggest playing all of the bloons games.

Anaiya Sedai
09-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't like dogs :( they scare me.

music/movie idea is cool, I might try that tonight.

done the rubik's cube, it's on my sofa :) (I watched the pursuit of Happiness).

I actually managed to do two drafts of very short stories, maybe I could improve on them, I'm sure I made lots of stupid mistakes.
Funnily enough, I don't even feel tired anymore.

Terez
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
You still haven't slept?? :eek:

Anaiya Sedai
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM
nope.
kinda getting used to it now, though.

Terez
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
God, I love sleep. I do have problems with sleeping on 24-hour cycles (I tend to something closer to a 30 hour cycle when left on my own) but after I've gone a night without sleep, I have NO PROBLEM sleeping.

Anaiya Sedai
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I love to sleep.. if I could, I would probably spend most of my life in bed with a pile of books :D
now even my msn doesn't work anymore, it keeps disconnecting :(

Terez
09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I love to sleep.. if I could, I would probably spend most of my life in bed with a pile of books :D
And a laptop. That would be swell. :)
now even my msn doesn't work anymore, it keeps disconnecting :(
Your internets suck nuts.

Sarevok
09-08-2008, 02:40 AM
maybe a stupid question, but have you tried lying still on your bed for a few hours?

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2008, 05:26 AM
yeah tried that.
sometime around 5 am I managed to fall asleep. YAY! woke up about 3 hours later, feeling almost refreshed. bring on the next 4 day cycle :D

irerancincpkc
09-08-2008, 05:31 AM
I'm no doctor, but I think you need four hours of sleep a night to function. So go back to sleep! :D

Ishara
09-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Anaiya, it sounds like anxiety to me (especially with the heart in combination with the lack of sleep), have you spoken to a doctor about it?

My best advice would be to do a full hour (at least) of yoga. It's good, solid exercise, breathing exercise and relaxation techniques all rolled up into one.

Other than that I'm useless to you. Last night was so bad I popped half a benadryl and still stared at the ceiling from 2.30-5 a.m. Sunday nights are the worst for me.

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2008, 08:28 AM
that may well be true. I got an appointment for tomorrow morning, so I'll see if I can do something about it.

I did try to go back to sleep, but once I'm up, I'm up. So I went to the sauna instead, which was nice, and for a swim.

I have been meaning to go to yoga classes, but they are always either full or early in the day, that, when I remember, they are just about starting..

Davian93
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
I used to have chronic insomnia when I was in the army. I never figured out what caused it...stress most likely. I would rarely get more than 3-4 hours a sleep a night even when I really tried to go to sleep. drinking and sleeping pills just made it worse and it didn't matter if I was exhausted from exercise or not. It stopped being an issue when I met my fiancee ironically. Now she complains that I fall asleep too easily....go figure. I do remember night after night of sitting up staring out my barracks window at 2 or 3 am and just watching the clock tick by as I just simply couldnt go to sleep. Insomnia's crazy and it sucks...I sympathise with you. You should watch Fight Club...that'll help.;)

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2008, 08:49 AM
I've always had trouble sleeping, since I was little. I never used to keep my parents awake, but I used to lie quietly in my bed for big parts of the night. later, I started reading in the light of the street lanterns, sitting on the windowsill, or just get up if my parents were still awake) both night owls, and sit on the sofa.
When I did used to fall asleep, I would curl up in the fetal position and stay like that all night, any movement would wake me up. I used to also suffer from night frights, which would make me to scared to go to sleep sometimes, but that hasn't really happened since I was about 15.
funnily enough, the best night's sleep I got so far this year was in january, the first night at my mum's house, when we went skiing. strange.

pops taer
09-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Here's my suggestion.

1. Instead of 1 pic find two or three and send them.

2. After that, go lie on the bed in a dark room and set all out of your mind except those of us at TL and feel all the good and sympathetic thoughts we are sending your way. At the same time remember those sweet lullabys your Mum or Grandmum used to sing to you. What ever you do don't think of how they might sound with your favorite "Redneck Pops" singing them. But seriously relaxing in the quiet dark room with all our thoughts for you just might do the trick.

3. Stay away from the liquor and pills. Not good for the body. That's an order!!!!

Big Hugs and I hope you rest easy soon.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-08-2008, 09:10 AM
I like to reiterate you see a doctor, as soon as the lovely healthcare system of Great Britain will let you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia

Not to bang on the thyroid drum too much (and frankly, I doubt that's possible), but chronic insomnia is a symptom of Hyperthyroidism. I also had some insomnia with hypothyroidism, but that was the kind where I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. Hyperthyroidism makes it difficult to sleep at all.

Brita
09-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Not to bang on the thyroid drum too much (and frankly, I doubt that's possible), but chronic insomnia is a symptom of Hyperthyroidism. I also had some insomnia with hypothyroidism, but that was the kind where I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. Hyperthyroidism makes it difficult to sleep at all.

And it might explain why she is so skinny ~~shoots jealous looks across the Atlantic Ocean~~

Gilshalos Sedai
09-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, but having thyroid problems ain't worth the "benefits."

Believe me, I know.

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm skinny because I'm lazy and don't cook enough. lol.
when I was living with friends of my dad's, they used to cook me 3 huge meals a day and I gained about 30 lbs in 5 months..

but I will let you all know what the doc says tomorrow.

Terez
09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
It stopped being an issue when I met my fiancee ironically.
haha, sex does wonders. :D
Now she complains that I fall asleep too easily....go figure.
Cause girls like to cuddle, silly! :rolleyes:

Davian93
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
haha, sex does wonders. :D

Its a great Ab workout too...as long as you do it right. ;)

Brita
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Its a great Ab workout too...as long as you do it right. ;)

Giggity!

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
I seem to remember a similar conversation on GW last night...
lol
and someone wanting to press the New Conversation button a lot.

jason wolfbrother
09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
that's cuz you caught your 2nd wind. try solving the toughest crossword puzzle you can find in the paper. in Pen :p ;)

Ishara
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
LOL @ JWB. I'm not sure why that was so funny, but it really, really was.

Thyroid problems manifest themselves differently in different people, for what it's worth. My issue was having no energy and barely being able to keep my eyes open before I was diagnosed, but it's definitely worth getting blood work done.

Crispin's Crispian
09-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you suffer from discomgoogolation? (http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/33844)

I've solved your problem.

Brita
09-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Do you suffer from discomgoogolation? (http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/33844)

I've solved your problem.

Don't we all?

Terez
09-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Internet addiction is a fairly recent thing for me, and I've noticed several times that I feel lost without it. It's my encyclopedia, my dictionary, my translator, my coffee house, and my telephone.

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2008, 02:33 PM
lol.
I can actually cope without the internet, just as long as I have something else to do..

I had a blood test a couple of months ago, but I can't remember what they tested for..

Mort
09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I had a blood test a couple of months ago, but I can't remember what they tested for..

Amnesia? :D

Anaiya Sedai
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
anemia, I think. or however you spell it..

pops taer
09-09-2008, 01:16 PM
I hope you have some good luck solving your trouble there. Just please be careful how you do it. You know we all care for you and your health. Anyhow...

If all else fails, I do have the answer and you ingest nothing to accomplish this. We pour 1 ounce of undiluted 'White Lightening', more commonly called "Moonshine" in 'Taer country, over the head. Then after a short wait, we rap sharply with a rubber mallet upon the anesthetized portion of the head, thereby causing instant sleep. Of course, we also can use my method. I have said many times I only partake to settle my nerves. Sometimes my nerves get so settled I can't move. With the 'Taer country quality 'shine, you would only need to be sure no barbituate type bills are in the system, lie down on the bed, drink 3 or 4 ounces of 'shine and you will be guaranteed several hours of sound sleep!! Remember we aren't talking about your old over the counter liquor here. We are talking about top of the line 'Taer Country brand 'shine.

Anaiya Sedai
09-10-2008, 07:06 AM
well, I got my first full night of sleep last night, after being poked and prodded by my doctor for several hours yesterday, and not finding much beyond the fact that I should be weighing 65kg instead of the 48 I actually weigh.. oh well.

so I watched a movie and fell asleep on the living room floor. jay didn't want to wake me, so he brought the matress into the room instead, and somehow managed to drag me onto it without waking me..
I woke up over 12 hours later, aching all over, but very very awake :D

Davian93
09-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Good for you.

Brita
09-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Thank goodness! And what a sweet BF :)

jason wolfbrother
09-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Glad to hear it Anaiya :)