PDA

View Full Version : You win again Lews Therin

Spidy
11-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Popped into my head after reading Facebook of all things. Something to do with memories and portal stones.

The "Game" is like Snooker, Darts or Grand Championship Chess. Many games many outcomes. The number of games you win is irrelevant until you get to the deciding game and that game is the win all, at least for this years competition.

Same with WoT. We have the deciding game, the Last Battle of the Age, not the Last Battle for all time. Comp begins again next Age.

The answer to resolving the LB in this Age is how they do it, not that it is done for all time, but that they win the climax game, that in effect is the beauty of the story.

I've been too much of an absolutist on LB's. However, if this post is proved wrong, I will be a happy Spidy.

WinespringBrother
11-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Popped into my head after reading Facebook of all things. Something to do with memories and portal stones.

The "Game" is like Snooker, Darts or Grand Championship Chess. Many games many outcomes. The number of games you win is irrelevant until you get to the deciding game and that game is the win all, at least for this years competition.

Same with WoT. We have the deciding game, the Last Battle of the Age, not the Last Battle for all time. Comp begins again next Age.

The answer to resolving the LB in this Age is how they do it, not that it is done for all time, but that they win the climax game, that in effect is the beauty of the story.

I've been too much of an absolutist on LB's. However, if this post is proved wrong, I will be a happy Spidy.

I believe the quote was "I win again, Lews Therin" ;)

Otherwise, I would like to see more of how to win at Sha'rah (and see Moridin throw a hissy if Rand beats him at it!)

yks 6nnetu hing
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
I believe the quote was "I win again, Lews Therin" ;)

Otherwise, I would like to see more of how to win at Sha'rah (and see Moridin throw a hissy if Rand beats him at it!)

Everybody hates the braggy winner. That's magnitudes worse than a whiny loser.

Spidy
11-30-2012, 07:55 AM
I used my quote words on purpose as when Lews Therin wins, what would you say? It is not a misquote.

The Shah'Rah/Fisher thingy was never expanded enough in my opinion however we may be enlightened still.

GonzoTheGreat
11-30-2012, 08:09 AM
I used my quote words on purpose as when Lews Therin wins, what would you say?
Isn't the beauty of the thing that if Lews Therin happens to inadvertently win, then Ishamael doesn't have to admit that on account of being dead?

Spidy
11-30-2012, 08:22 AM
He doesn't necessarily have to be dead, but it would be a beautiful thing to see. Portal stones don't lie, do they?

GonzoTheGreat
11-30-2012, 09:26 AM
Portal stones don't lie, do they?
I'm not sure about that one. When Rand went to sleep next to a Portal Stone, did the PS still respect him the next morning?