PDA

View Full Version : McCain/Obama Dead Even

Davian93
09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

McCain got quite the bounce from his VP pick and the RNC...interesting that the pick was slammed so much and it has actually energized the Republican base. Obama might want to stop acting like he's already the President or he may very well find himself still a junior senator from Illinois this time next year.

JSUCamel
09-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't think it will last. Candidates almost always get a bounce immediately after a convention. I think McCain is facing the same problem Hillary did. That is, their entire campaign is hinged on Obama making a major mistake -- which he hasn't done to date. It's why Hillary lost and it's why McCain will lose.

Crispin's Crispian
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Last night's news has a Gallup poll with McCain up 50% to Obama's 46%.

Of course McCain got a bump, and the super-high publicity from Palin doesn't hurt. But it's still too early.

irerancincpkc
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
One, McCain made a historic pick. A big bounce is to be expected. It's actually disappointing for him that it isn't bigger. And with Obama dispatching Clinton...

Also, Obama still has a huge lead in electoral votes when you look at the polls state by state.

Crispin's Crispian
09-08-2008, 01:00 PM
One, McCain made a historic pick. A big bounce is to be expected. It's actually disappointing for him that it isn't bigger. And with Obama dispatching Clinton...

Also, Obama still has a huge lead in electoral votes when you look at the polls state by state.
Part of me just wants Obama to win for your sake, Ire. I don't know what you are going to do if he loses.

Sinistrum
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Part of me just wants Obama to win for your sake, Ire. I don't know what you are going to do if he loses.

And part me wants Obama to lose just to see what he'll do. :p

John Snow
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
y'see, the polls are being manipulated so that when Diebold throws the election to McCain, it'll be believable.

Brita
09-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I believe you!

irerancincpkc
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
And part me wants Obama to lose just to see what he'll do.
Geesh, it's not like I'm that into this thing... :D

Sei'taer
09-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Geesh, it's not like I'm that into this thing... :D

:rolleyes: just sayin'