PDA

View Full Version : New England in Mourning

Davian93
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Tom Brady Likely Out For Season (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26592400/)

I saw the play yesterday and it didnt look that serious...of course my first reaction was Damn...this is just like when Marino tore his Achilles...he walked off too. Grim foreshadowing on my part I suppose.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Chris Simms? Isn't that the guy, Bryan, that you constantly complain ruined the Longhorns the entire time you were in college?

RogueSavior
09-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Earl knows why this happened to Tom Brady.

It's all about Karma. Catch a ride on the Karma train, New England. Just because you CAN beat a team by 50 doesn't mean you have to!

Sinistrum
09-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes it is Gilly.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Excuse me while I laugh then at the Patriots chances this year.

irerancincpkc
09-08-2008, 01:41 PM
While I hate the Patriots, it's never good to see a player go down with an injury. I'd rather beat them with Brady then without. :D Hopefully he recovers quickly... plus, now my fantasy team is shot. :(

Zaela Sedai
09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
DAMN YOU DAVIAN!!!!!

Davian93
09-08-2008, 02:19 PM
DAMN YOU DAVIAN!!!!!

Hey...I didn't tackle him. That Marino one sucked in that he wasn't even hit...he just stepped weird and then started hopping. That was the worst feeling I've ever had watching a football game...probably much like any Pats fans had yesterday when Mr. Invincible went down. I think they're still a playoff team even without Brady...just not a SB contender anymore. Moss can make alot of QBs look good (See Dante Culpepper).

Zaela Sedai
09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Sox are only a game and half back...Sox are only a game and half back...Sox are only a game and half back...Sox are only a game and half back...Sox are only a game and half back...Sox are only a game and half back...Sox are only a game and half back...

StrangePackage
09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Karma.

=

Bitch.

Bryan Blaire
09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
If Simms plays for the Pats like he used to play for the Longhorns, well, this should be a good year for everyone else that has to play them. :D

1-15 anyone? Maybe 2-14...

Sei'taer
09-08-2008, 10:31 PM
That was the worst feeling I've ever had watching a football game...

ahem, may I present Joe Theisman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCXNt4P8Xg&feature=related)

Not sure how old you are Dav, but I remember this well. We were watching the game that night.

Yuri33
09-08-2008, 10:37 PM
What's that sound I hear? Oh yeah, it's the sound of tons of fair-weather fans jumping off the Patriots band wagon...

...and probably back onto the Cowboys' wagon.

In completed unrelated news, sales of Bernard Pollard jerseys at the NFL.com store shoot through the roof.

Go Bears!

Matoyak
09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Heh, Cowboys fan since the Houston Oilers went bye-bye. (AKA, since I was reeealll little :p)

Though I will admit I was wanting to see the Pats go undefeated (after the Boys were knocked out.)

Davian93
09-09-2008, 07:10 AM
ahem, may I present Joe Theisman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCXNt4P8Xg&feature=related)

Not sure how old you are Dav, but I remember this well. We were watching the game that night.

Yeah, the Theisman injury was wicked bad but I meant more about it sucking personally as I was a huge Dolphins fan at the time. I didn't give a crap about Theisman other than the "ouch, that had to hurt". Does anyone remember the Napoleon McCallum injury? That was worse than Theisman.

Hopper
09-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Last year I had Brady and Moss on my Fantasy Team. I pretty much dominated all year long. They guys I play with GUARANTEED that I would not get them again. Brady was pick #1 this year in our draft. I had to settle for getting Tony Romo and Terrell Owens. On top of that, my backup QB this year is McNabb. Oh, poor poor me.

tanaww
09-09-2008, 08:15 AM

You filthy bastard. You take that down right now! (and how did RS get your ID to post that in the first place?)

~Weeps Bitter, Bitter Tears~

Gilshalos Sedai
09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Mato! The Boys? Puh-leese!

Sinistrum
09-09-2008, 11:02 AM
How bout them Cokeboys? They're South America's team. :p

tanaww
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Heh, Cowboys fan since the Houston Oilers went bye-bye.

Well, congratulations. You made the list.

~Adds Matoyak to the "List of People That I Don't Like Because They Like Things I Hate"~

Right under... let me see... Oh yes... Rogue Savior, Yankees Fan. ;)

And people, it's Theismann (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Theismann).

irerancincpkc
09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Heh, Cowboys fan since the Houston Oilers went bye-bye. (AKA, since I was reeealll little :p)
Yeah, get back to us when they win a playoff game. :D

RogueSavior
09-09-2008, 06:15 PM
*Yawn* Real teams don't need a cupcake first game against the Texans to get off to a 1-0 start.

We beat teams everyone throws words around like 'Super-Bowl Favorite' and 'Best in NFC' about. And then we laugh at them.

Because Tarvaris Jackson is their Quarterback!