PDA

View Full Version : Rand's Markings (Spoilers from earlier books)

btown1987
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't really follow the theory crafting that goes on and this isn't really a theory just an observation that I want to make a note of. So if this has already been addressed then please correct me.

I want to talk specifically about the Twice and Twice prophecy.

I believe that Rand is still to be marked once more with the Dragon.

The first piece of evidence is the way in which the first part of the prophecy was fulfilled. That is in two distinct steps. The first heron mark happens at night in an encounter with Ish. The second occurs as he defeats Ish in the skies above Falme. The point here is that there are two distinct events.

Now fast forward to the Dragons markings. "Once the Dragon for remembrance lost." Easily fulfilled by the glass column ter angreal that showed him his ancestral past. Now because he had a marking on each arm I took that to mean that he had been marked with Dragons twice. But now the more I ponder it the more sure I am that he is still to be marked once more.

Like the second heron mark I believe that there will be a second distinct event in which he will be marked with the Dragon(s) again. Especially since the first event had no mention of a price as the prophecy states. "Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay."

I had always assumed that the two dragons on his arms finished this prophecy off. Please forgive me if this strikes you as a "yeah well duh" moment.

Cabadrin
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
the price he must pay

There is his two wounds, carrying the struggle in his body - surrendering humanity to the DO, or surrendering humanity to fight the DO.