PDA

View Full Version : The Voice (Spoilers)

Isabel
01-06-2013, 07:49 AM
(NOTE FROM TAMYRLIN: This thread comes from a private forum I made available a few days before the release to those I knew had read the book. There are no spoiler tags, and a discussion of the entirety of A Memory of Light may follow. So expect full spoilers.)

---

I see on DM that there is still discussion about the voice on page 431:

IT IS TIME. LET THE TASK BE UNDERTAKEN. The voice spoke with the inevitability of an earthquake, the words vibrating through him . More than sound in the air, far more, the words spoke as if from one soul to another. Moiraine gasped, eyes opening wide. Rand was not suprised. He had heard this voice once before, and he realised he had been expecting it. Hoping for it, at least.
'Thank you, ", Rand whispered, then stepped forward into the Dark One's realm, leaving footprints of blood behind.

To me it's obvious the Creator talking to Rand. Rand had been hoping for that voice and thanking the voice. He wouldn't do that if it was the DO.

One of the next scenes has this quote:
"As Rand entered the cavern, something changed in the air. The Dark One only now sensed his arrival, and was surprised by it. The dagger had done it's job. (453).

The DO wouldn't have been surprised if he talked to him before. So it's logical for the Voice being the Creator.

Terez
01-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Logical, sure. But unbelievably lame...it seems like every opportunity RJ had to do something interesting, he chose the stupid option instead.

Isabel
01-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Haha, you really didnt like the book.

Terez
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm not the only one. ;)