PDA

View Full Version : Sensing the Pattern...

fionwe1987
01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
To avoid spoilers, don't mouse over! :P

This is just some extraneous stuff added to the post in order to prevent the spoilery stuff from showing up when users mouse over the thread title. -- Marie

Any thoughts on how it was that Egwene was able to sense things about the Pattern before her death? She sensed a shoring up of the Pattern with her weave, she sensed a "trembling in the north", she earlier feels as if the land wanted her to use saidar to destroy the Trollocs.

I suspect the only hint we have of this is her sense that Rand had disappeared from reality when he spend 4 months in the Worlds of If in tGH, while moving from Cairhein to Falme. Can anyone think of other clues to this?

Edynol
01-08-2013, 02:00 PM
I am thinking it is perhaps a new or forgotten talent or perhaps something to do with dreamwalkers. I know we don't get this sense from other dreamers, at least not noticeably, so maybe it varies with strength in talent. Like with foretelling, Elaida wasn't very strong, so most of what she got were vague senses while others are able to produce far more accurate and detailed visions.

Also like the talent of seeing ta'veren, it's all tied similar, in a way. I have a feeling that RJ planned on addressing it in more detail, but then he died and it was probably one of the things he forgot to put in his notes. I personally think it has something to with dreaming, just Egwene's so much more powerful than others in the dream that the sense is just naturally stronger in her and more tangible.

Davian93
01-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Extreme meglomania on her part?

Seriously though, I suspect it has something to do with her Dreaming/Dreamwalking ability and the coming together of the real world and TAR during the Last Battle. She was probably able to read it a bit better than she otherwise would due to her innate abilities with TAR.

fionwe1987
01-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Extreme meglomania on her part?

Seriously though, I suspect it has something to do with her Dreaming/Dreamwalking ability and the coming together of the real world and TAR during the Last Battle. She was probably able to read it a bit better than she otherwise would due to her innate abilities with TAR.

This works just before her death. But early on when she was able to feel the land approving the Trollocs' deaths, TAR wasn't merged with reality. Its worth noting, though, that the two Foresaken who are proficient at finding ta'veren are Dreamwalkers. It may well be that strong Dreamwalkers have a good sense of the Pattern, since reality is a fold of TAR anyway.

Edynol
01-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah. Often the simplest explanation is the right one. lol.

Terez
01-08-2013, 09:33 PM
fionwe, can you add something to the beginning of your post to keep the spoilers from showing up in the mouse-over? Thanks.

Davian93
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
fionwe, can you add something to the beginning of your post to keep the spoilers from showing up in the mouse-over? Thanks.

I think I set the bar for quality filler in my epilogue thread.