PDA

View Full Version : Epilogue Questions (Spoilers)

AgeOfLegends
01-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Hey guys, new member here. I have two questions, one which there should be an answer to, one that can only be speculated on...
1. What happened with the pipe as Rand was riding away? Does he now have Matrix powers or something similar?
2. Pure speculation, but other than Cadsuane and the 3, who do you think Rand let's know that he's alive. I would think it would have to include at least a few people. Maybe not right away but I'd want to let Tam, Nyn, Lan Moiraine, Mat, and Perrin know at some point, just because of what they went through (shared struggle and all that). Thoughts?

kivo
01-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, new member here. I have two questions, one which there should be an answer to, one that can only be speculated on...
1. What happened with the pipe as Rand was riding away? Does he now have Matrix powers or something similar?

Yes.

2. Pure speculation, but other than Cadsuane and the 3, who do you think Rand let's know that he's alive. I would think it would have to include at least a few people. Maybe not right away but I'd want to let Tam, Nyn, Lan Moiraine, Mat, and Perrin know at some point, just because of what they went through (shared struggle and all that). Thoughts?

Alivia helped him "die."

AgeOfLegends
01-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Not letting his father know, at least, seems pretty cold. Also, in order to stay dead it would likely mean that he would be shut out from helping raise his children (assuming Elayne doesn't abdicate). Just seems unworkable over the long term.

kivo
01-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Not letting his father know, at least, seems pretty cold. Also, in order to stay dead it would likely mean that he would be shut out from helping raise his children (assuming Elayne doesn't abdicate). Just seems unworkable over the long term.

He just needed to leave the scene before anyone started asking who this guy with the black hair and the bold chin was... who knows what happens after?

AgeOfLegends
01-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah I understand that. My question was to speculate on who finds out years down the road. Obviously we will likely never know unless we end up getting the outriggers (who knows there), but I'm curious who we all think Rand tells as time goes on... I assume at least some people are going to find out.

Dom
01-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Obviously we will likely never know unless we end up getting the outriggers (

We won't. Harriet revealed RJ's notes for them were two sentences, and she doesn't intend to go forward.

kivo
01-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Yeah I understand that. My question was to speculate on who finds out years down the road. Obviously we will likely never know unless we end up getting the outriggers (who knows there), but I'm curious who we all think Rand tells as time goes on... I assume at least some people are going to find out.

Well there's always the Encyclopedia next year, maybe some juicy tidbits about post-aMoL will be released in a few entries

ShadowbaneX
01-12-2013, 12:01 AM

Someone there needed to show genuine emotion. If Elayne, Aviendha & Min were all giggling around with Tam throwing glances south, everyone would know. Rand's out there and he's got quite a while to see the world. I would imagine before long that he'd pay Tam a visit and let him know, or perhaps one of the three would let him know.

As for the others? I'm not sure too many would know. Moiraine likely knows, she's the one that badgered him into giving himself hope of survival. She can keep a secret and so can Thom if it comes to it. If Nynaeve or Perrin find out then Lan & Faile also know and Faile at least might well let it slip. Mat could easily tell Tuon, and that's not a great idea either, she'd view him as a threat.

KyleLitke
01-12-2013, 06:09 AM
You'd think Elayne could have faked it better, since her Warder, her brother, and one of her best friends all died.

GonzoTheGreat
01-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Either matrix powers, or Cadsuane was feeling generous. Or perhaps Min can now channel the True Power. That'd be a neat way of starting the sequel, wouldn't it?

You'd think Elayne could have faked it better, since her Warder, her brother, and one of her best friends all died.
On the other hand, she also (almost) lost another relative, which may have balanced things.

usbergo
01-12-2013, 10:26 PM

Matrix powers, indeed. I think he can actually weave with the pattern itself, now, just as he was doing in his vision-off with The Dark One.

Davian93
01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Matrix powers, indeed. I think he can actually weave with the pattern itself, now, just as he was doing in his vision-off with The Dark One.

Well, he had the unique privilege of being able to see the Pattern from the outside looking in...it likely gave him a very unique understanding of how the whole thing works.

Anaiya Sedai
01-13-2013, 09:25 AM
the three really could have been a little more convincing... annoying, really, especially as others suspected something was up. or maybe that's to tell us that others will find out in due course.

Davian93
01-13-2013, 09:30 AM
the three really could have been a little more convincing... annoying, really, especially as others suspected something was up. or maybe that's to tell us that others will find out in due course.

How could you not at least tell Nynaeve and Tam? That's just harsh.

Isabel
01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
If Rand would have told them its unclear if the funeral would have convinced people.
I do believe he will tell them in time:)

Anaiya Sedai
01-13-2013, 10:28 AM
It's the only reason I can imagine that the girls were so unconvincing about it all.

Isabel
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
It's the only reason I can imagine that the girls were so unconvincing about it all.

And we also dontknowexactly when Rand woke up. It seemed the funeral was already going on. Whih means he would take a huge risk telling people.