PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Sated Yet Again

Davian93
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/sep/10/ohio-man-gets-stuck-his-apartment-window-suffocate/

I'm thinking that this is on the Top 10 most embarrassing ways to die list.

Cary Sedai
09-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Good grief! :eek:

GonzoTheGreat
09-11-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm thinking that this is on the Top 10 most embarrassing ways to die list.
Yeah. It is not quite as bad as sailing in the Pacific ocean and then getting a frozen cow on your head, but it comes close. And, to be fair: I don't think the cow killed anyone, it only damaged a fishing boat. It had fallen from an airplane, in case you're curious.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
That's not really Darwinian, just some really weird assed luck, Gonzo.

GonzoTheGreat
09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
It also took a while before the insurance company believed the story, according to what I've read.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd have a little trouble, too.

Cary Sedai
09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
rofl, another case of Darwinism:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,415981,00.html

Birgitte
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Actually, Cary, that one is weird. How many people's signatures can you actually read well enough to figure out their name? And how many people actually check signatures on the receipt? There's this guy on one website who signed his receipts with "Check ID" for awhile and not one person even gave him a funny look. He took some pictures and I have no problem believing it. I've never seen anyone check my signature and I didn't when I worked in fast food. Now I don't even see the signatures until after the person leave the building. RS'll know where to find it (I don't..).

Cary Sedai
09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I used to write "check ID" on the back of my credit card, but noone ever checked. The clerk/cashier would flip the card over, look at it, then swipe it.

I tick people off on a regular basis at the convenience store, I always check ID if it is written on the card. Most people are just amazed that I check. There are a few who get really ticked off because they didn't bring in thier wallet/purse. I don't let them slide either. I think it's kinda funny, I wait 'till they leave before laughing, but they wrote it on there!

I can't believe that dumbass signed his own name, legibly... I'd be scribbling Micky Mouse or something!

Davian93
09-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Darwin doesnt feast unless the idiot is killed by his/her moronic actions.

On Credit Cards, I get checked alot...though usually its when I'm with the fiancee and its a young female on register (I think jealousy or something comes into play because I never get checked when its just me...odd).

I think its awesome that you check Cary....ROFLMAO. I just imagine how annoyed they get.

Davian93
09-12-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/11/BAOD12S9S2.DTL

This is Darwin at his finest...."Let me just jump this 3 foot wall to get awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ~splat~