PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Sold Out?!?!

Dragon Thief
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5034437636/10151263427232637/

Jordan Con Group on Theoryland.

As of now, the Hotel where the Con is at is 100% booked for Friday and Saturday.

WTF.

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5034437636/10151263427232637/

Jordan Con Group on Theoryland.

As of now, the Hotel where the Con is at is 100% booked for Friday and Saturday.

WTF.

uh oh

Isabel
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Yeah, i heard the hotel was sold out. Not sure how it could have happened but i did warn in advance! ( see orherthread)

I advice people to post here if they have a room and looking for a roommate,

- me and wsb have a room, but we can have a third roommate if he or she can sleep on an inflatable matress or if a third extra bed is possible.

- i also know sarevok has a reservation for a room, but i dont know if he has a twin bed.

So who still needs a room?

Dragon Thief
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM
I know Frenzy & I have been texting each other, debating what to do, when this was just rumored (and not confirmed). Neither of us has booked although both were planning to.

Sei'taer
01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
I know Frenzy & I have been texting each other, debating what to do, when this was just rumored (and not confirmed). Neither of us has booked although both were planning to.

I'm running into the same problem. Not sure what we're gonna do.

Isabel
01-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Have you all seen, Jennifers post? There will be a over flow hotel at la quinta suites. Apparantly it is in walking distance and cheaper.
Its not ideal , however i do hope it doesnt stop people from coming!

Btw, you can also keep an eye on the hotel for cancellations.

Ishara
01-22-2013, 08:36 PM
GROSS. I do NOT want to stay at La Quinta.

If I have to rent a car (or share costs with someone else), then I'm for sure not staying at a Motel.

Taer, let me know where you guys are staying, and we'll try to swing the same hotel.

Dragon Thief
01-22-2013, 11:09 PM
I saw, Isa. Not impressed. I have not decided anything yet but I'm seriously tempted to say screw it. I don't want my first (and likely last/only) JordanCon to be some lame half-assed affair.

Terez
01-22-2013, 11:41 PM
GROSS. I do NOT want to stay at La Quinta.
I stayed there for a day last year; it wasn't gross. Honestly the rooms at the Doubletree are not all that much nicer. I have been to a gross La Quinta before, but that one wasn't.

Isabel
01-23-2013, 01:45 AM
I saw, Isa. Not impressed. I have not decided anything yet but I'm seriously tempted to say screw it. I don't want my first (and likely last/only) JordanCon to be some lame half-assed affair.

. Ijust saw on facebook something that suggest that there maybe a few rooms left. I suggest calling the doubletree inn.

And even if you are staying in another hotel, it will still be fun!
And btw, ask sarevok if you can share a room with him.

Sarevok
01-23-2013, 04:15 AM
I have a 1-bed, non-smoking room reserved from the 18th till 22nd. I have no idea how big those rooms are, but I imagine an air mattress would fit in?

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM

you must, you must, you must.

Hopper
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
I have a room reserved at the Doubletree for the 18th through the 22nd. It has two double beds - nonsmoking. I have space for at least one person who's willing to split the cost. If we can fit an air mattress (which I can bring) I can help out 2 people. I was going to post this to the JordanCon Facebook page, but I wanted to open it up here first.

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
I am checking the laquinta pages just in case. Paaaaaaarty at the secondary motel.

Ishara
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
My husband has stayed at them in the US, and he says they're not too bad - just as T said earlier. (We all know I'm high maintenance, let's not pretend otherwise.) So, I GUESS I could do it...

I tried calling the hotel today and was told their systems were down. I'll try again later this week.

There will be cancellations between now and then, so it's not like it's impossible.

But still, this BLOWS.

Uno
01-23-2013, 10:28 PM
This thing is on an ordinary weekend in April again, I imagine? I don't see how they can expect anyone to make it for that. Some of us have jobs.

Dragon Thief
01-23-2013, 11:29 PM
This thing is on an ordinary weekend in April again, I imagine? I don't see how they can expect anyone to make it for that. Some of us have jobs.

Get a real job with vacation and take the friday off, Proffessor Goat sir. Or be an engineer, and just sorta show up to work when you want. :D

Dragon Thief
01-23-2013, 11:31 PM
I have a room reserved at the Doubletree for the 18th through the 22nd. It has two double beds - nonsmoking. I have space for at least one person who's willing to split the cost. If we can fit an air mattress (which I can bring) I can help out 2 people. I was going to post this to the JordanCon Facebook page, but I wanted to open it up here first.

Hopper - I may very well take you up on the offer if you dont mind. And if someone else wants in as well, I'll draw straws for the air mattress. I'll get back to you soon.

Uno
01-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Get a real job with vacation and take the friday off, Proffessor Goat sir. Or be an engineer, and just sorta show up to work when you want. :D

Yeah, I'm not skipping work to go to a nerd convention.

Dragon Thief
01-23-2013, 11:59 PM
In fact, let me know what the price split will be (or private message me / FB message me if you want)

Isabel
01-24-2013, 12:06 AM
For the other people: there is room for an air matress in two more rooms.

And yay that DT will be staying at the double tree hotel, and thus would go to the con.

Frenzy
01-24-2013, 01:26 AM
Blows, but I now have the flight booked. Guess we get to pester the Doubletree until they relent :D

Isabel
01-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Which flight do you have, frenzy?

Sei'taer
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
We are looking at other options. I have a friend who works in the area and he's going to let me know what's close. I'll post here what he finds sometime tonight. Looks like there might be a couple of hotels within a half mile of the doubletree

Frenzy
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
The one that leaves SFO Thursday at six bloody ten in the goat-kissed morning. But the price was phenomenal, so i won't complain TOO much.

Isabel
01-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Are you sure its not 7.10? I have that delta flight

Frenzy
01-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Nope, Frontier. I let DT book them so he gets the miles.

Dragon Thief
01-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Eh, I didn't actually get the miles for this trip. But at $150 per ticket less I can lose one trip's worth of miles.

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-24-2013, 04:41 PM
I booked a room at Laquinta as a back up in case doubletree fails us. Details in your FB messages ladies!

Hopper
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
DT water and shade will be found for you.

Dragon Thief
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
But can I haz gatorade and pizza too?

Terez
01-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I'm not skipping work to go to a nerd convention.
Marie comes every year. Sometimes she doesn't get in until late on Friday because, like you, she's not inclined to skip a lecture for JordanCon. She tried to come up with a way to schedule an exam for her Friday lecture this year, but she couldn't make it work, so late Friday night it is. The main events are all on Saturday, so while it sucks to miss a few things on Friday, at least you don't miss the important stuff.

Uno
01-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Marie comes every year. Sometimes she doesn't get in until late on Friday because, like you, she's not inclined to skip a lecture for JordanCon. She tried to come up with a way to schedule an exam for her Friday lecture this year, but she couldn't make it work, so late Friday night it is. The main events are all on Saturday, so while it sucks to miss a few things on Friday, at least you don't miss the important stuff.

I'd just end up hanging out by the bar, anyway, and you can buy a lot of gin for the cost of plane tickets and hotel rooms.

Crispin's Crispian
01-30-2013, 03:40 PM
I'd just end up hanging out by the bar, anyway, and you can buy a lot of gin for the cost of plane tickets and hotel rooms.

I made the perfect mixture of gin and orange juice last night (we had breakfast for dinner). Usually I overkill the liquor a bit when I mix drinks, but this one was delicious.

Anyway, the cheapest plane ticket I can find is $480. That's damn expensive for a two day trip, 16 hours of which I'd spend on a plane. :( I'd love to see all of you. Maybe I can make it to SF over the summer, or something.

Dragon Thief
01-30-2013, 10:59 PM
I made the perfect mixture of gin and orange juice last night (we had breakfast for dinner). Usually I overkill the liquor a bit when I mix drinks, but this one was delicious.

Anyway, the cheapest plane ticket I can find is $480. That's damn expensive for a two day trip, 16 hours of which I'd spend on a plane. :( I'd love to see all of you. Maybe I can make it to SF over the summer, or something.

Check for a flight thurs-mon. Even with extra hotel costs non weekend flights are often cheaper.

Uno
01-30-2013, 11:16 PM

Generally referred to as a left-handed screwdriver, yes. That is, gin instead of vodka. But I digress.

Crispin's Crispian
01-31-2013, 02:01 PM
Generally referred to as a left-handed screwdriver, yes. That is, gin instead of vodka. But I digress.

There is hardly a better topic upon which to digress...

Sarevok
01-31-2013, 03:13 PM
back on topic: I still have a 1 bed room with a king bed reserved. I guess someone could sleep on an air matress there. (presuming that's allowed by the hotel that is?)

Isabel
01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
That is the case:) only i have the idea people would like a bed better:) but perhaps someone likes the location better.

In the past you could book a two bed room for the same price as a one bed room.