PDA

View Full Version : Ennui

Daekyras
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Gonzo made a very good point.
I should write some non-spoiler stuff here so that I don't ruin things for others.
It seems strange they would be scrolling over threads instead of reading the actual book.
But...meh,...

Anyway.
Ennui.
I have it.

GonzoTheGreat
01-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Shouldn't you have hidden that behind spoiler tags, though?

maacaroni
01-28-2013, 05:46 PM
About life?

About WoT?

About the bloke who drinks in my local boozer?

Ivhon
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
About life?

About WoT?

Everything.

What's the difference?
What's the point?

Daekyras
01-29-2013, 05:18 AM
About life?

About WoT?

Not about WoT. I actually really enjoyed an ending.

However, I now can't be bothered to read anything. It's like a hole has been filled and i haven't been able to pick up a book since i finished WoT.

GonzoTheGreat
01-29-2013, 05:34 AM
However, I now can't be bothered to read anything. It's like a hole has been filled and i haven't been able to pick up a book since i finished WoT.
About the same thing happened to Mat; after he got the holes in his memory filled, he hardly picked up any books either.

Daekyras
01-29-2013, 05:40 AM
About the same thing happened to Mat; after he got the holes in his memory filled, he hardly picked up any books either.

I knew it!

maacaroni
01-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Read something else entirely. That's what I did.

Try reading historical fiction. Or a nice thriller. You will be energised.

Ivhon
01-29-2013, 08:12 AM
I've gone back to work books. It doesn't seem right yet to start reading fantasy.

/hijack

Jobs, babies and lost books greatly interfered with my pre AMoL reread. Ended up only through PoD when AMoL came out. Wondering if I should start the series over on post AMoL reread or continue from WH?

/hijack

GonzoTheGreat
01-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Wondering if I should start the series over on post AMoL reread or continue from WH?
Yes.

Hope that helps.

Ishara
01-29-2013, 11:01 AM
LOL - I'm going to start my re-read soon, but it's going to be tricky since they're all hardcovers and less than portable when my hands are full of squirmy baby. But I'm not forking out the extra to get them on my e-reader. Alas.

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Actually, interesting idea. Maybe a group re-read (cuz those have always worked so well <weg> in the past) now that we have an ending?

To see what tidbits we can resolve/argue/discuss/agonize/argue/argue/criticize ???

ETA: this thread cracks me up because of the title. I talk to my son (Henry) and say his name in a million odd little ways. Ennui is one of my favored screwed pronunciations because of the connotations between what it means and my actual little ball of fireball energy and eagerness who never stops asking "whatz zat?"

Daekyras
01-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Actually, interesting idea. Maybe a group re-read (cuz those have always worked so well <weg> in the past) now that we have an ending?

To see what tidbits we can resolve/argue/discuss/agonize/argue/argue/criticize ???

ETA: this thread cracks me up because of the title. I talk to my son (Henry) and say his name in a million odd little ways. Ennui is one of my favored screwed pronunciations because of the connotations between what it means and my actual little ball of fireball energy and eagerness who never stops asking "whatz zat?"

A group re-read is a good idea. If I can muster the enthusiasm"

P.S. Henry is a great name for a little boy. I much prefer it to these new fancy names.

Davian93
01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
A group re-read is a good idea. If I can muster the enthusiasm"

P.S. Henry is a great name for a little boy. I much prefer it to these new fancy names.

I prefer Indiana...

Daekyras
01-29-2013, 11:26 AM
I prefer Indiana...

Thats the dogs name...

GonzoTheGreat
01-29-2013, 11:33 AM
LOL - I'm going to start my re-read soon, but it's going to be tricky since they're all hardcovers and less than portable when my hands are full of squirmy baby.
Maybe you could hire an illegal immigrant to read the book.

Davian93
01-29-2013, 11:39 AM
Maybe you could hire an illegal immigrant to read the book.

Does Canadia have illegal immigrants?

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-29-2013, 11:48 AM
I prefer Indiana...

Do you think that didn't play a part in his naming?

;):p

GonzoTheGreat
01-29-2013, 11:53 AM
There's Celine Dion and Justin Bieber, who are (should be, at least) illegal emigrants, which is good enough for me in this case. So, no worries.

Davian93
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Do you think that didn't play a part in his naming?

;):p

Pure Awesomeness.

Dom
01-29-2013, 01:13 PM

Well.. unless you count as such the Americans who desert the army thinking they'd get refuge in Canada like in the Vietnam years, only to find out the Conservatives are not the Liberals of the 70s and they get sent them back to the US army if found....

We got a few US illegals (Mexicans, mostly) who cross into Canada, but it's not very significant.

Mostly as far as illegal immigration goes, it's an epidemic of American rabid raccoons, some species of American squirrels that also crossed the border without passport, and a nasty species of white-foot mice that transmit some neural disease and that migrated illegally from New England into Québec recently.

Frenzy
02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Everything.

What's the difference?
What's the point?

Quit with the emo bollocks! This is a WoT forum, not one for Malazan.

maacaroni
02-03-2013, 06:57 PM
If you want an anti-climactic ending...

Malazan is the one for you

The only series that annoyed me

Frenzy
02-03-2013, 07:48 PM
If you want an anti-climactic ending...

Malazan is the one for you

You obviously haven't read Tad William's Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.

The only series that annoyed me
totally agree with you there.

Daekyras
02-04-2013, 09:55 AM
You obviously haven't read Tad William's Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.

Once you get to a certain age frenzy, stairs are tough...