PDA

View Full Version : David Drake

Demon
01-29-2013, 01:23 AM
I have a question about his series Lord of the Isle. Ive read in between 50 and a 100 pages of the first book, and then i just kind of set it aside. I hate doing this.So i was wondering if it gets better a little later in the book/series?

Weird Harold
01-29-2013, 11:26 PM
I have a question about his series Lord of the Isle. Ive read in between 50 and a 100 pages of the first book, and then i just kind of set it aside. I hate doing this.So i was wondering if it gets better a little later in the book/series?

I thought it gets better, but then I liked the series from the start. I didn't abandon the series until the fifth or sixth book, and that was more because other reading came first than because I didn't like the series.

The series does devolve into some confusing salients, but everything does eventually come back into line and the importance of the diversions becomes apparent. It does seem to be a series that
readers either love or hate; there isn't a lot of middle ground.

Demon
01-30-2013, 01:52 AM
Ill give it another chance eventually. I had just finished my first read through of WOT, so i was still kind of on that book "high", if you will.