PDA

View Full Version : Dark prophecy (spoilers)

Denul
01-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Spoiler free mouse over zone
In that day, when the One-Eyed Fool travels the halls of mourning, and
the First Among Vermin lifts his hand to bring freedom to Him who
will Destroy, the last days of the Fallen Blacksmith's pride shall come.
Yea, and the Broken Wolf, the one whom Death has known, shall fall and
be consumed by the Midnight Towers. And his destruction shall bring
fear and sorrow to the hearts of men, and shall shake their very will itself.

Could the broken wolf be Demadred. It could be predicting his fall and the chaos in then Sharan army afterword?

Dom
01-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Nope.

Brandon confirmed that the Broken Wolf was Perrin's "Spirit Guide", thus most likely Hopper (though it's not universally accepted the Guide Brandon refers to was Hopper).

The next sentence Brandon also confirmed wasn't connected to the Broken Wolf one (yup, a cheap cheat, I know), as if Ishamael misinterpreted the foretelling he must have heard and wrote it down wrong, and this rather referred to, maybe, the destruction brought by the Dark One: His destruction (the one He brought) bringing fear and sorrow to the hearts of men.

neurotopia
01-30-2013, 12:09 AM
As a second, it could also apply to Ituralde after what happened at TG. Damn prophecy and its ambiguity!

TBF
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
As a second, it could also apply to Ituralde after what happened at TG. Damn prophecy and its ambiguity!

This seems to me as the better explanation. How would Hoppers Death bring fear and sorrow to the hearts of men? Otherwise i have in any case problems to relate it to the Towers of Midnight.

Dom
01-30-2013, 09:31 AM
This seems to me as the better explanation. How would Hoppers Death bring fear and sorrow to the hearts of men? Otherwise i have in any case problems to relate it to the Towers of Midnight.

Like I said, Brandon himself revealed in a Q&A that the sentence about "and his destruction shall..." is not connected to the previous one about the Broken Wolf.

The Towers of Midnight as a whole is the Shadow. Hopper fell to the Shadow, to the final death.

Egwene saw in another dream in the towers of the Towers of Midnight rising and falling from the complex a metaphor of the Shadow's leaders the Chosen.

No one fell to the Chosen as a whole in AMOL to justify the "The" and plural to "the Midnight Towers", and more to the point they didn't have a global plan.

Moridin misinterpreted that prophecy, in part because he connected two verses that he shouldn't have.