PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Trilogy (possible spoilers)

rand
02-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Maybe I'm just making this up, but I kind of remember hearing somewhere that the final BS "trilogy" might get integrated into one big book at some point...?

Anyway, regardless of whether or not that's true, it would be pretty awesome. Having RJ's "you'll-need-a-wheelbarrow-to-carry-this" size book would be great to see the final books as they were technically meant to be. It would also make most of the "why didn't character X show up in aMoL" complaints invalid, since almost everyone does show up in at least one of the final three books.

And I don't mean just repackaging the three separate books in one anthology type thing, but actually integrating them into one story. Which would require renaming the chapters 1-150 (or whatever), integrating some of the prologues and epilogues into the main story, etc. It would also be a good opportunity to clear up timeline issues between books.

I just think this would be a really awesome idea. Obviously it would be big, probably with pretty thin pages, but I have Lit textbooks that are 2,500+ pages that are thinner than the ToM hardcover, so it can be done without being ridiculously big.

Dom
02-05-2013, 10:58 PM
All Brandon ever said about that was to forget about any printed edition.

I said, pretty idly, that as an ebook it could perhaps be possible, but already pointed out it would be much more work than stringing the scenes like sausages, and between that and Harriet's opinions of ebooks, and likely concerns over the possible confusion with having two versions of the finale around, I'm pretty convinced this will never happen.

maacaroni
02-06-2013, 11:32 AM
It is a cost/benefit thing.

Is it worth the cost of time and effort for the benefit?

As I see it, there's a few unincluded chapters and a jarring Tam Al'thor. I'm not going to buy a super-dooper ebook version anyway.

Daekyras
02-07-2013, 05:06 AM
It is a cost/benefit thing.

Is it worth the cost of time and effort for the benefit?

As I see it, there's a few unincluded chapters and a jarring Tam Al'thor. I'm not going to buy a super-dooper ebook version anyway.

In aMoL he's a sparring Tam al'Thor...

GonzoTheGreat
02-07-2013, 05:42 AM
And a warring Tam al'Thor.

Daekyras
02-07-2013, 09:40 AM
And a warring Tam al'Thor.

And when Lan found him worthy of his blademaster blade he was on a parring Tam al'Thor...