PDA

View Full Version : Bored Musings

Daekyras
02-08-2013, 05:06 AM
Sooo.....Now that the series is finished, how long should I wait before writing my own version and completely ripping off everything that RJ did?

I know what you're thinking, Goodkind already did that but I want to do it right.....

Mort
02-08-2013, 05:53 AM
10 000 hours. Or after more than 10 000 words got rejected by all the publishers. Whatever comes first.

maacaroni
02-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Tomorrow, after tea.

Have ninjas in your version

GonzoTheGreat
02-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Give your AS a brain, and let them use it now and then too.

Daekyras
02-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Give your AS a brain, and let them use it now and then too.

That feels like too much like fanservice already! ;)

Also, Macaroni, Ninjas it is. And Pirates.

GonzoTheGreat
02-08-2013, 06:13 AM
That feels like too much like fanservice already! ;)
But it would be such a big difference that nobody could accuse you of plagiarism anymore. Ninjas would be just a superficial change of the warders, and for pirates there's already Bayle Domon and Valan Luca. And probably Vanin, though I doubt he would admit to anything.

Daekyras
02-08-2013, 06:19 AM
But it would be such a big difference that nobody could accuse you of plagiarism anymore. Ninjas would be just a superficial change of the warders, and for pirates there's already Bayle Domon and Valan Luca. And probably Vanin, though I doubt he would admit to anything.

Ummm, Puh-leassseee, Pirates DO NOT wear capes...

GonzoTheGreat
02-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Ummm, Puh-leassseee, Pirates DO NOT wear capes...
He's in disguise. Such a good disguise that he had completely fooled even you, the author.

Fourth Age Historian
02-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Lotta Goodkind hate around here... All I can say is, of course they used some of the same tropes, and of course there are other similarities, but both have more in common with the basic fantasy archetype than they do with one another.

Daekyras
02-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Lotta Goodkind hate around here... All I can say is, of course they used some of the same tropes, and of course there are other similarities, but both have more in common with the basic fantasy archetype than they do with one another.

except, goodkind doesn't write fantasy...