PDA

View Full Version : Just talked to the people at Doubletree

Sei'taer
02-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Apparently there are two other conventions at the same time as JCon. When I asked if I could get on a list to be called about cancellations (Id rather stay there if possible) they said that the other two groups weren't filling very fast and on April 5&6 those rooms would be up for anyone to get.

She did say to keep calling because they do get some cancellations as time goes along, so maybe there's hope yet.

SauceyBlueConfetti
02-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Apparently there are two other conventions at the same time as JCon. When I asked if I could get on a list to be called about cancellations (Id rather stay there if possible) they said that the other two groups weren't filling very fast and on April 5&6 those rooms would be up for anyone to get.

She did say to keep calling because they do get some cancellations as time goes along, so maybe there's hope yet.

I did some websurfing to see if I could figure out what the other conventions might be...cuz, well, if we could figure that out and just book under the guise of THEIR convention...well, that wouldn't really be wrong, would it? :p

Couldn't really find anything that linked back to Roswell as a recommended hotel venue. Maybe someone else can be sneakier.

GonzoTheGreat
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
Couldn't really find anything that linked back to Roswell as a recommended hotel venue. Maybe someone else can be sneakier.
Somebody in Area 51, Roswell, being sneaky? Seems unlikely to me.

Sei'taer
02-19-2013, 09:53 AM
I did some websurfing to see if I could figure out what the other conventions might be...cuz, well, if we could figure that out and just book under the guise of THEIR convention...well, that wouldn't really be wrong, would it? :p

I tried to do the same thing but couldn't find any. I was way ahead of you lol

SauceyBlueConfetti
02-19-2013, 10:12 AM
I tried to do the same thing but couldn't find any. I was way ahead of you lol

I underestimated the sneakiness, sir ;) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lYBVi3ALWA)

ShadowbaneX
02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Well, I seem to recall that when I was down there in 2009 there was a high school graduation happening. It's possible that it's something similar.

Hopper
02-19-2013, 04:42 PM
I checked with the JordanCon organizers and found out one of the other conventions ends on Thursday, April 18, and the other starts on Monday, April 22. Those must have been the conventions that Taer was told about. JCon confirmed today that we're the only event at the hotel for the 19th - 21st.

Keep checking for cancellations.