PDA

View Full Version : Awesome, spectacular theories...that were wrong

The Unreasoner
02-20-2013, 03:18 PM
As Terez pointed out, you can hardly get away with posting your ultimate theories now that the book is out.

However...

This only applies to theories that were right. Theories that were wrong (but still interesting/fun nonetheless) can be posted here.

I'm hoping for something like my old gloating thread (that is, just post the numbered theories you feel like posting). If you want to post a line or two explaining it feel free, and feel free to discuss the theories of others.

I'll start:

Taim is not a Darkfriend (or Chosen)
The Dragon would break the Wheel
The Horn would break with Rand's death (and be remade by Min, Elayne, and Aviendha)
The Dragon=Time+Legs
Gawyn would be sent to assassinate Tuon
Beslan would kill Galgan (after a failed assassination attempt)
Fain would be the only thing left alive in the old world
The 'boat of prophecy' would be some sort of constructed thing in the Skimming Space, an Ark of sorts where the survivors of TG wait (while Rand is building a new world in a walled of section of T'A'R)
Chora trees are from another world
Lanfear holds back (some forces of the Shadow, I couldn't decide if I wanted it to be Moridin or Demandred or just Randomass Trollocs) while the Forces of the Light evacuate

Anyway, that's a few. I might post more, or explain these, or just discuss others'.

Have fun...

Demon
02-20-2013, 04:19 PM
i would like to see the theories for 2 and 7.

Frenzy
02-20-2013, 09:59 PM
This one got shot down by RJ at a booksigning in SJ: Do Sul'dam Slow? (http://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?func=5&rec=92&theo=2102)

Missed on thinking Galad was a Darkfriend.

Missed the mark on this one too: The Cairhien Connection (http://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?func=5&rec=123&theo=2087)

Rand al'Fain
02-21-2013, 02:15 AM
Only really had two.

1. Lanfear would become "neutral" or "good". Yeah, that kind of didn't happen.

2. Slayer, being Rand's uncle (therefore his "blood") would bleed on SG. Nope. Though I more or less abandoned it soon after posting.

One that did work, though not so much as a prediction, was that Rand would finally be able to have a quiet life without the weight of the world on his shoulders. Not in my favorite way, but he still got it.

GonzoTheGreat
02-21-2013, 04:18 AM
2. Slayer, being Rand's uncle (therefore his "blood") would bleed on SG. Nope. Though I more or less abandoned it soon after posting.
How do you mean, that didn't happen?
Perrin stood on the rocks of Thakan'dar, and Slayers body crumpled in front of him, head crushed. Perrin panted, the thrill of the hunt clinging to him. It was over.

Daekyras
02-21-2013, 08:12 AM
The Dragon=Time+Legs

Eh? Is this one half right?

neurotopia
02-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Demandred building his army of Shadowspawn by depleting all the Portal Worlds was still one of my favs.

Rand al'Fain
02-21-2013, 01:55 PM
How do you mean, that didn't happen?

To be clear, I was thinking it would be slayer's blood instead of Rand's for the prophecy, even though Slayer did die at SG. So, in a way it came true, but not in the way I was expecting.

The Unreasoner
02-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Eh? Is this one half right?
Mmmm. Not in the way I envisioned it. I linked it with #2. I thought that once every turning the world would be so damaged that it would need to be remade (and the Wheel remade too, once again binding the Prime Worlds together). The Dragon is the person who makes the decision to unbind and remake the World. Basically the Great Serpent stands up (and is actually the Dragon), walks somewhere else and starts coiling somewhere else. (I thought when Rand died at SG, time would stand still while Rand fought outside the Pattern, and only continue once Rand was brought back).
Demandred building his army of Shadowspawn by depleting all the Portal Worlds was still one of my favs.
I would have loved this, if when the Wold Barriers blur, Demandred's forces move into Randland.
i would like to see the theories for 2 and 7.
I explained 2 a bit up above.

#7 was linked to my thinking that this battle would be the Last (although the latter isn't necessary).

#7 is basically the idea that once the Forces of the Light evacuate the dying world after the death of the Dragon, Fain (or Shaisam, who I hadn't heard of when I came up with the idea) and the Shadow would fight each other in the old world (and eventually everything would be under Fain, including the Shadowspawn). But I didn't think Fain could finish off Shai'tan, or seal him away (or that Shai'tan could do the same to Fain). So basically, Shaisam and Shai'tan have an eternal battle in the crippled world (which would function as a sort of buffer between Shai'tan and the new world), kind of like Rand's wound permanently sealed off.

EvilChani
02-22-2013, 01:43 PM
That, upon Rand's death, Dragonmount would erupt and spew its red hot lava all over the pristine White Tower. The imagery associated with that theory always made me giggle. It would've been too perfect.

Rand al'Fain
02-22-2013, 04:59 PM
I'll be honest, though waiting for a certain person to post what she got wrong with, I would not be surprised if she doesn't do it at all.

And I think one that most, if not all of us are guilty of, is thinking that Rand would actually die and be brought back to life through TAR or something.