PDA

View Full Version : Thom and Moiraine? (spoilers)

Southpaw2012
03-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Does anyone have any theories for what Thom and Moiraine end up doing after AMoL? I don't think Brandon has said anything regarding them and the last thing we hear of them is when they're standing at "Rand's" pyre.

Rand al'Fain
03-14-2013, 01:38 AM
They marry and continue to wander the world. Maybe adopt someone along the way, but will continue to travel the world. At least, as far as I can tell.

maacaroni
03-14-2013, 07:00 AM
He learns to channel, she learns to juggle. Cue hilarity.

Daekyras
03-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Does anyone have any theories for what Thom and Moiraine end up doing after AMoL? I don't think Brandon has said anything regarding them and the last thing we hear of them is when they're standing at "Rand's" pyre.

I always hoped they'd get together but unfortunately Moiraine died at the end of the Fires of Heaven when she fell through the doorway with Lanfear.

Or at least, thats how i choose to remember it...

Tedman
03-14-2013, 01:42 PM
I always hoped they'd get together but unfortunately Moiraine died at the end of the Fires of Heaven when she fell through the doorway with Lanfear.

No no..... Thomdril Merriggins... she is now Moiraine the WHITEEEEEEEEEEEE.

jana
03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
they make lots of mustached babies

Rand al'Fain
03-15-2013, 07:29 PM
they make lots of mustached babies

Can Thom still "shoot it out"? Because I've been under the impression he's in his 60s.

jana
03-16-2013, 12:45 AM
Can Thom still "shoot it out"? Because I've been under the impression he's in his 60s.

Yes

Frenzy
03-17-2013, 12:29 AM

Have some rep...

Zombie Sammael
03-18-2013, 12:13 AM
If I remember the pre-AMOL popular theories correctly, Moiraine is definitely going to be Queen of Cairhien, despite having no interest whatsoever in the position.

Cadusane is very old and will likely be either dead or retired into the Kin (if with her unique perspective she can see the advantages of that) before long. That means the AS will need another new Amyrlin within our lifespans. Both Nynaeve and Moiraine, amongst others, seem likely candidates. I don't see her settling down to live the quiet life with young Thomdril, somehow. It doesn't seem quite what he'd want either.

GonzoTheGreat
03-18-2013, 04:07 AM
They could also reraise Siuan. She has experience at that kind of job, after all.

Zombie Sammael
03-18-2013, 06:24 AM
They could also reraise Siuan. She has experience at that kind of job, after all.

Only if they discover the "reraise" weave. :p

Cor Shan
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM

It's possibly in a book.

GonzoTheGreat
03-20-2013, 03:34 AM
That could be a bit of a problem, but then, not having an actual Amyrlin around would be a lot more convenient for the Hall.