PDA

View Full Version : Creative Help Please!

Ishara
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm just getting ready to open an etsy shop to sell my jewellery - but I need some help. My etsy address will be called Twinkerbell, but:

- Not Sure if I should add "jewellery" to the title, as in "Twinkerbell Jewellery" or maybe "Twinkerbell Jewels"

- I need a cute tagline to under my shop title...I want something that's representative of me, you know?

Opinions? Suggestions?

For an idea of what I make, I use all sterling silver and goldfill findings, and swarovski crystals, pearls and rich cut glass - nothing crappy or low quality.

An example (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2340/2084928293_8a258d771c.jpg?v=0), and another (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109/1957108949_a5767814fb.jpg?v=0).

Thanks in advance...

Sei'taer
09-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Jewelry.

Other than that I have nothing to offer. I am anti-jewelry:p

Weird Harold
09-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Twinkerbell Baubles, Bangles and Beads.

JSUCamel
09-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Twinkerbell's Pile o' Crap
We like jewelry, eh?

Twinkerbell's High-end Jewelry
We don't sell crap, eh?

Twinkerbell's Emporium
(Not Tinker Bell's Emporium, eh?)

Twinkerbell's Accessories
Got Twink, eh?

Twinkerbell's Balls
(of crystal, you perv, eh?)

Twinkerbell's Corner
You, too, can look like a cheap hooker, eh?!

Terez
09-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Twinkerbell's Twinkets

Nazbaque
09-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Jewelsmith Twinkerbell's

Ishara
09-15-2008, 11:15 AM
It's jewellery in Canada :p I actually like twinkets (even if I don't know what it means, it's fun to say...)

I like the alliteration WH - maybe I'll work on something like that.

This whole business thing is giving me a headache. trying to figure out how to use PayPal to get money, as I've only ever used it to BUY things before. Trying to figure out if I should be charging sales tax, trying to figure out how much to chage for my work....sheesh!

Thanks for the help so far - keep em coming! Eh.

Crispin's Crispian
09-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Tagline: "Oooh, look! Shiny things!"

Cary Sedai
09-15-2008, 11:27 AM
I like Twinkerbell's Twinkets. I believe in this case Twinkets is for Trinkets. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trinket)

Tagline: "Oooh, look! Shiny things!"

I really like that one! Probably cause I like shiny things! :p

Brita
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
My sister has an etsy account for banners and branding images for etsy businesses. She is very creative and her banners are eyecatching. She will create custom banners too, based on your colour and design preferences. If your at all interested I'll post the link when I get home tonight.

Ishara
09-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Really Brita?! Crap! I literally *just* bought a custom package for banner/avatar etc for like $60 - too much I felt, but I was tired of looking through listings...what a bummer!

Can you give me her shop name anyways? I have some pretty Ontario specific Etsy questions, do you think she would mind if I convo'd her?

To be back on topic, what about "A little bling is never a bad thing?"

Or, "A little Twink in a Wink!"

??? I am so not creative in a wordy sense...

Cary Sedai
09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
??? I am so not creative in a wordy sense...

Oh, I don't know. You just created the word, wordy...;)

I'm not sure about the bling one, what about "a little twinkle for the star you are"?

JSUCamel
09-15-2008, 02:05 PM
also, i dunno if it's the same in Canada, but around here "twink" means something else entirely.

Ishara
09-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Sheesh, this is HARD! So far, we're going with the shop name of: Twinkerbell by Tal. I think the description may end up being: Unique Handmade Jewellery (or something to that effect), but the tagline is still tricking me out...

Brita
09-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Really Brita?! Crap! I literally *just* bought a custom package for banner/avatar etc for like $60 - too much I felt, but I was tired of looking through listings...what a bummer!

Can you give me her shop name anyways? I have some pretty Ontario specific Etsy questions, do you think she would mind if I convo'd her?

Dammit! Oh well. Her shop name is Frosticular Design. She said she hasn't posted any of her new designs in a while, so she was probably quite a ways down the list of shops.

Anyway- she would be more than happy to help you on your new venture. She's an etsy addict and loves looking at the new sites.

Ishara
09-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Anyway- she would be more than happy to help you on your new venture. She's an etsy addict and loves looking at the new sites. Thank goodness!

It's all making my head spin with the quesations about shipping costs and sales tax...and I haven't even started taking the pictures yet!!!

Weird Harold
09-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I like the alliteration WH - maybe I'll work on something like that.

"Baubles, Bangles and Beads" is the name of a 1930's show tune -- I have no clue as to which musical it's from, though; (maybe, Guys and Dolls?)

I"m pretty sure it's old enough to useable without copyright infringement.