PDA

View Full Version : Changes to world event loot

WinespringBrother
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Mega-Boss-loot-changes/page/11#post1681067

I am honestly surprised that there is still some confusion about this upcoming change. So let me try to clarify it once more:

Current:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per character from the event chest. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.
After the change:
- You get one guaranteed rare (or better) per event per day per account from an extra chest that will be displayed like the chest for the dailies. Everything else in the event chest is based on normal drop chance, so there is a chance to get rares (or better) as well.

This is the clearest statement I have seen on this topic.

I like this change, it will encourage me to spread out my event farming to the temples in Orr and I will probably do all the events only once a day, except ones that are very frequent and don't have complicated pre-events, like the Maw, since the possibility of obtaining additional rares exists.

I will probably park 3 of my toons to cover Arah and that surrounding area, 1 for Maguuma/Kryta and 1 for Shiverpeaks/Ascalon (I have 5 level 80 toons right now).