PDA

View Full Version : Nakomi, Luc and Tigraine

Tollingtoy
03-26-2013, 07:00 PM
I've seen a few suggestions here that Nakomi could actually be Tigraine, but have yet to see a more thoughtful analysis of this possiblity, so I'm going to do my best here.

I've seen some discussion that Luc may actually be a HOTH and that perhaps, somehow this connection to the Horn and TAR aided in the merging of his soul with Isam. Obviously, since we don't know the true nature of Luc/Isam, we can't definitively answer this question, but I've seen some theorizing that Luc and Tigraine were actually Shivan and Calian reborn and are the ones who truly herald the beginning of a new age, not Elayne's twins.

We also know that ability to manipulate TAR in the flesh is somehow related to being linked to another soul, a la Luc/Isam, Perrin/Hopper or even Rand/Moridin.

So, if Luc potentially has these powers in TAR, is it possible that Tigraine shares them also and that she is Nakomi? We know that she thought of herself as an Aiel and was a Maiden of the Spear, so it would certainly make sense that she would choose that form to appear to people. It might also explain how when Aviendha encountered her it seemed like waking reality, but with some aspects of TAR, like the food.

Per the WOT Wiki, although not necessarily the BEST source, Calian symbolizes time and change and helps to bring about a new age. Her advice to Aviendha about helping the Aiel seems to be instrumental in the next age being a happy and successful one, especially when Avi sees all of the negativity a 4th Age without the Dragon's Peace brings. In addition, it discusses a bit about Calian's connections to Kali and Kali has a role in Hindu beliefs as a mother goddess, which Nakomi also certainly seems to represent. It also makes sense that Tigraine would want to see the Aiel a success, would want one of Rand's wives to be happy and would want to help her son.

Plus, if Luc (Shivan) is at SG to hurt Rand, it would be a nice parallel to have Tigraine (Calian) there to help him.

Obviously, there is such a gap in information that it makes this almost impossible to verify, but it does seem like an interesting angle that I haven't seen discussed much. What say you?

Rand al'Fain
03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Except all of those have at least one person in the land of the living, if not both. Tigraine is dead, and was shown to have died by Tam's flashbacl/hallucinations of his life when he found Rand on Dragonmount. Tigraine had a ton of injuries and died soon after childbirth. That's the main problem I see with this theory. There is no one for her to share a connection with in order to access both worlds.

Tollingtoy
03-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Well, there is a lot we don't know about Luc, Tigraine and Isam, so just because we don't know doesn't mean that it isn't true.

Also, her interaction with Rand took place at the Bore, where the barriers between T'AR and other worlds were at their thinnest. I don't think it's out of the question that she could have been speaking to Rand in T'AR or perhaps have drawn Avi into a dreamshard while she was on her way to Rhiuden.