PDA

View Full Version : Going somewhere warmer

Mort
09-15-2008, 06:10 AM
In 5 hours I'm going to the airport and a few hours of flying later I'll be enjoying a week's vacation in Tunisia. I'm escaping Sweden's dreaded weather for a week which I'm really looking forward to!

Now that the gloating is done with, tell me some of your vacation stories, preferably somewhere warm since I want sunshine stories :)
Vacation within you country of origin doesn't count, unless it's a really good story :)

Anaiya Sedai
09-15-2008, 06:33 AM
enjoy. (I'm jealous!)
I will be drowning in the rain for the next few months.

Have had 2 weeks in spain, in august, though. And I'm hoping to go somewhere nice for my birthday/xmas.

Zaela Sedai
09-15-2008, 06:58 AM
carribean Cruises....every one should take them

Davian93
09-15-2008, 07:07 AM

Napa Wine Tasting;) Its the only place in the world you can be smashed by 10 AM and not be considered an alcoholic.

And its warm in the fall and early spring.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-15-2008, 07:11 AM

Seconded.

Ozymandias
09-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Once, I went on vacation during tennis season, and forgot to apply sunscreen to the instep of my foot, and since when you wear sandals thats not really a pressure area, didn't notice...

Lets just say I was a pretty crappy tennis player for a week and a half. Hooray for vacation stories!

Ishara
09-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Dude! Tunisia? Crazy. I lobby for Paris. Maybe not sunny, but so so so amazing.

Crispin's Crispian
09-15-2008, 11:04 AM
I've been to Mexico three times, and Hawaii a couple. Both were warm, but Hawaii was wetter.

The best was our honeymoon, which was a week in Puerto Vallarta at an all-inclusive resort. We didn't even leave the place, just laid out by the pool or the bay or went kayaking or swimming. The weather was in the high 80s the whole time. Just hot enough, but not too hot.

Tunisia? I hope you're listening to this (http://www.imeem.com/people/BXK0N7/music/N-DtZcuL/charlie_parker_night_in_tunisia/).