PDA

View Full Version : AMoL ebook corrections

sleepinghour
04-09-2013, 03:41 PM
As a follow-up to the Errors (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7659) thread, here's a tentative list of corrections (save typos) made in the ebook edition. Please let me know of any changes I've missed; I'll continue to update this list as I find new ones.

Page 100:
“Well?” he asked. “Where does he live?”
“Back in Kandor.”
Ebook:
“Well?” he asked. “Where?”
“Back in Kandor.”

Pevara's uncle is dead and doesn't "live" in Kandor anymore.

Page 163:
“I’m going to kill him, Egwene.”
“Who? Moridin?”
Ebook:
“I’m going to kill him, Egwene.”
“Who?”

Egwene shouldn't know who Moridin is.

Page 230: Birgitte reached beneath her shirt and removed the foxhead medallion she wore, one of the three imperfect copies Elayne had made. Mat had the original and a copy. Mellar had escaped with the other copy.
Ebook: Birgitte reached beneath her shirt and removed the rose medallion she wore. It worked as the imperfect foxhead copies had. Mat had the original foxhead and two copies; Mellar had escaped with another copy.

Page 309: “Is it Power-forged?”
“I don’t know,” Rand said.
Ebook: “Is it Power-forged?”
“I believe it to be,” Rand said.

Page 314: The bloody foxes had told him he would.
Ebook: The bloody snakes had told him he would.

Page 485: “Light, Nomesta’s not even an officer!” Still, he’d been training heavy cavalry for years, and there probably wasn’t a better man in the saddle than him.
Ebook: “Thank the Light! Nomesta’s a good officer!” He’d been training heavy cavalry for years, and there probably wasn’t a better man in the saddle than him.

Page 610: Egwene waved a few fingers, sending the other women off, except her two shadows—Gawyn and that Seanchan woman—who remained with her.
Ebook: Egwene waved a few fingers, sending the other women off, except her two shadows—Gawyn and Leilwin, of all people—who remained with her.

As Terez pointed out, Mat knows Egeanin better than to refer to her as "that Seanchan woman."

Page 622: He waved to a chair, bearing the red and gold of Andor, at the side of the room.
Ebook: He waved to a chair, bearing the red and white of Andor, at the side of the room.

Page 681: “You know it is the right thing to do,” Silviana said. “If he dies, it could destroy you. Let me have his bond. It will let me find him, and it will protect you, should he die.”
Egwene was aghast. How dare Silviana even suggest this? But, then, she was a Red—and they concerned themselves little with Warders. Silviana did not know what she was asking.
Ebook: “You know it is the right thing to do,” Silviana said. “If he dies, it could destroy you. Let me have his bond. It will let me find him, and it will protect you, should he die.”
Egwene looked at her as if she had professed allegiance to the Dark One. Perhaps she shouldn’t have asked; being Red, she knew little of Warders. Sisters could be foolish about them.

Original scene switched to Egwene's POV despite it being Silviana's.

Page 712: Or was Galgan telegraphing his emotions purposefully?
Ebook: Or was Galgan showing off his emotions purposefully?

Page 731: “Teslyn!” he cried. “What are you doing here?”
“Fighting in the Last Battle, I believe,” she said, dusting off her hands. “Aren’t we all?”
“But the Dragonsworn?” Mat asked.
“I did not find the White Tower to be a comfortable place once I returned,” she said. “It had changed. I availed myself of the opportunity here, as this need superseded any others.”
Ebook: “Teslyn!” he cried. “What are you doing here?”
“Fighting in the Last Battle, I do believe,” she said, dusting off her hands. “Don’t we all be?”
“But the Dragonsworn?” Mat asked.
“I did not find the White Tower to be a comfortable place once I did return,” she said. “It do be changed. I did avail myself of the opportunity here, as this need do be greater.”

Teslyn sounds more like an Illianer now.

Page 753: Her bundle concealed the sack with the Horn in it. She added, more to herself, “Light. How are we going to reach Mat?”
Ebook: Her bundle concealed the sack with the Horn in it. She added, almost whispering, “Light. How are we going to reach Mat?”

Another sudden POV switch from Olver to Faile.

Page 816: Mat hadn’t realized that Narishma was still there, fighting alongside the Borderlanders. The Kandori Asha’man threw himself off his horse and took Lan by the other arm, then concentrated.
Ebook: Mat hadn’t realized that Narishma was still there, fighting alongside the Borderlanders. Mat quickly removed the foxhead as the Arafellin Asha’man threw himself off his horse and took Lan by the arm, then concentrated.

Narishma's nationality and ability to Heal Lan while he was still wearing the medallion were corrected.

Page 825: She kept the sword raised high, shouting, and—after a moment of indecision—created a weave that made a majestic banner of Andor float in the air above her, the red lion to light the night.
Ebook: She kept the sword raised high, shouting, and—after a moment of indecision—created a weave that made a majestic banner of Andor float in the air above her, the White Lion to light the night.

Things that were not corrected:
* Bayrd and the spearhead.
* Possible First Oath contradiction: “He cannot hear what we say?” “No,” Pevara said. (p. 131)
* “Make for the Erinin? There’s no bridge this far north,” Talmanes said. (p. 275)
* “I don’t know if they’ll listen to me, Perrin,” Tam said. “I’m just a common farmer.” (p. 277)
* "Selucia could teach sandpaper a thing or two about being rough." (p. 302)
* Min and Mat are still more familiar with each other than they should be. (p. 490-491)
* Laras shouldn't know Mat either. (p. 568)
* Gabrelle not being immediately compelled to follow Logain's orders. (p. 772)
* Taim resists Egwene's shield "by force of will." (p. 774)
* No explanation why Nynaeve couldn't use her Well to Heal Alanna or why she didn't see any weaves when Alanna released the bond.