PDA

View Full Version : JordanCon reports

Terez
04-20-2013, 10:25 AM
WSB managed to slip in a couple of plot-related Q&A at the breakfast this morning, so I figured I'd start a dumping thread for that kind of thing. Maybe WSB can fill in what I don't remember here (this is all paraphrased):

WSB: When Egwnene mentioned Moridin, was that a mistake?
Maria: That was a mistake.
Marie Curie: It was corrected in the ebook.

WSB: Was Dumai's Wells on Demandred's orders, or did Taim do that on his own (or against Demandred's wishes)?
Maria: It was Taim's initiative, but Demandred approved.
Terez: When was Taim recruited?
Maria: When he was freed from the Aes Sedai. Demandred gave him a choice: stay a prisoner, or join the Shadow.
WSB: Would Demandred have killed him if he had refused?
Terez: Isn't that how it usually goes? Kind of like the Verin situation...
Maria: Taim was no Verin.
Terez: Was Taim taking orders from Demandred until Moridin returned?
Maria: I think they just did their own thing, with the exception of when Moridin was named Nae'blis.
Alan: Hardly anyone was taking orders from anyone else that far up the chain; everyone did their own thing.

I made a comment about Alviarin but it didn't really go anywhere.

sleepinghour
04-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the report! Nice to get some new revelations... Hopefully they will toss us a few more bones during JordanCon.

Terez
04-21-2013, 03:39 AM
Got lots of bones today. I don't plan on doing panels tomorrow, so I'll try to type some of it up then. Forthcoming:

1. My short plot-related Q&A with Maria. This, I should have up tomorrow.

2. AMOL panel with the Team (no stupid regular signing Q&A stuff...this was a room full of HCFFs—the silliest question was actually asked by a Theorylander, if you can imagine). I have to transcribe this one so it might take a while.

3. Midnight Theoryland chat with Brandon. This one I have to type up from my notes (not recorded) and run through Maria, so it might take a little while but theoretically could be up before #2 because transcription is grueling work. I might actually be able to run this one by Maria in person tomorrow, but we'll see.

GonzoTheGreat
04-21-2013, 05:10 AM
the silliest question was actually asked by a Theorylander
Who killed Valan Luca?

Terez
04-22-2013, 07:08 AM
It was asked by a furiously hand-waving muskrat.

Ishara
04-22-2013, 12:20 PM
M'eh. I didn't have any burning questions to ask, and I was curious. They can't all be super deep questions.

For the record, I asked the panel who died that they wished they could have saved, and who lived that they wish had died.

Maria said for her, it was Rolan. She was not happy with RJ when he was killed. At all.

Brandon said Bela, but explained that Harriet had called him on putting Bela in an unsurvivable situation - she needed to die. So, she wrote the sentence, not Brandon.

Dragon Thief
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
The most boggling thing to me came from the 4th Age podcast with Harriet, Alan, and Maria.

Alan kept hinting that his pet idea was that the lighting of the pipe was a new source of power. I was less curious about the pipe than the power, so I asked if he was referring to what I'd heard (and thought was debunked) about a Creator-direct power, similar/opposite from the True Power.

The response was something very close to "Why do you think the True Power comes from the Dark One? He has no power to 'create' anything, that's the Creator's job already." Wording probably isn't exact, but others might be able to chip in that were there (Sare, Marie, Leanne, Southpaw).

Southpaw2012
04-22-2013, 02:25 PM
You're overall correct, Dragon Thief. I also found it interesting how it was brought up at one of the panels how Rands new ability came from the combination of the three powers. I found that idea fascinating. I was also interested in how Harriet and Alan didn't seem to know much about Nakomi. Of course, they could just be saying that but other than Maria, the others seemed to make it seem like it was Brandon who chose to put her in based on, "something found deep in the notes" so maybe it was between him and Maria. I mean, we've known that it was Brandon who chose to put her in but it seems like now that it was him and only him who found reason to other than maybe Maria.

Terez
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
You're overall correct, Dragon Thief. I also found it interesting how it was brought up at one of the panels how Rands new ability came from the combination of the three powers.
One thing that should be stressed here is that these are just theories; each member of the Team has his/her own theories about what was going on with the ending, but RJ didn't leave any notes on it. I get the feeling that Harriet has something direct from RJ, but that it's a very, very vague something; you can tell by the way each Teamperson has gone in different directions with it.

By the way I am still working on those reports. Running the Brandon chat through Theorylanders who were there before sending it to Brandon and Maria, and still typing up the Maria Q&A. I had to do the Brandon one first because we didn't record it so I had to get it all down before the memories faded too much. I recorded Maria so that's not a problem. After I finish those and send them through Maria, I'll transcribe the AMOL panel.